Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Wrestling Rampage Irish Tour With Bret "Hitman" Hart

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Its not an off-chance he'll be there; he's booked so it is in fact very likely he'll be there. If he were an active wrestler, then you could say "Well, he could pull-out at any moment should he get a better offer from another company somewhere else for more money/exposure" but Bret is not an active wrestler, and is not in it for the money/exposure anyway. He's more than likely treating this a holiday to see Ireland properly, where all his expenses are paid and his tour organized.

That said, it is entirely possible he could have to pull out of the tour for publicity commitments for his new book, or if he should be befallen by some unforeseen family emergency/health problem etc. which could happen to anyone and is completely out of his control. But my point is neither of these possibilities suggest that there is only an "off-chance" that he'll be there.

I meant more along the lines of you are not guaranteed to get it signed even if he is there, i'd settle for his book or an action figure or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

EdK wrote: »
    I meant more along the lines of you are not guaranteed to get it signed even if he is there, i'd settle for his book or an action figure or something

Oh right fair enough.:)

I meant more along the lines of you are not guaranteed to get it signed even if he is there

But... Why not?

I mean, as i said in this thread already, its very likely he'll charge, but I'm sure he'll sign anything you put in front of him. I doubt he's gonna complain.

volume of people, time constraints etc!!

Like I said I hope its for real but i'll believe it when i see it

volume of people, time constraints etc!!

Like I said I hope its for real but i'll believe it when i see it

Trust me, if I'm spending €450 on a belt, I'm gonna be there early! They should really have it longer than 1 hour though. It better be properly organised with a decent queue so people can go up, say hello, signature, picture, next person can go up, say hello, picture, signature, next person can go up, say hello and continue in that circle. You'd get (easily) 3 people a minute which is 180 people in an hour. So they could get over 300 people in two hours (which im sure would cover everyone that wants to get an auto and picture) and then do another 20 minutes or so at the end for people who didnt get a chance at the start. Honestly, this kinda thing isn't difficult to organise and when you've got a mega-draw like Bret Hart and you're trying to get a name for your promotion, the last thing you need is a sh*tty set up that will leave people disappointed.

This is why there should be VIP tickets or something released at a higher price. That usually seperates the people that are going for the sake of going and those who are going because they are legit looking forward to it.

I hope AWR is still reading this thread. Also, I havent bought a ticket yet (will do so at the end of the week when i've money) and won't be buying the replica belt until I see Bret Hart confirm himself that he will be doing the shows (not that im calling AWR liars or anything. I just would like to see more than "no appearances scheduled" on Bret's site as an added comfort).

I also really hope they'd either hurry up and announce the other people attending (so i can look for a piece of merchandise) or delete the "more to be announced" thing on the show description.

If AWR is still reading, can you confirm for us if there's any particular layout you guys have for this Meet and greet? or is it just a case of 'mob the guy you like'? Also, any chance of extending it from 1 hour on length to 90 minutes or even 2 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I'm with you KKV, I plan on buying a Winged Eagle belt, I'd probably be getting it anyway, but i'd be seriously :mad: if he don't show. I plan on going really early, but time constraints may be a problem.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the queues to sign stuff at the castlebar show was very long, the likes of sandman and heidenreich came back again at the end of the show to finish up stuff they promised earlier.

the tallaght show with over 5,000 people is going to be very messy if you are expecting to get stuff signed there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

rossie1977 wrote: »

the tallaght show with over 5,000 people is going to be very messy if you are expecting to get stuff signed there

According to the arena's website, the capacity is about half that.

http://www.basketballireland.ie/arena/content.jsp?newsid=2338

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

guess i shouldn't use wikipedia for reference :mad: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Arena

Wonder what the Dundalk's capacity is? (fairways hotel i think?) I'll have to look around and see if i can find it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wonder what the Dundalk's capacity is? (fairways hotel i think?) I'll have to look around and see if i can find it...

I wouldn't imagine it's a huge number, hence why I picked it over the Dublin show (That, and the fact I wouldn't want to be in Tallagaht after dark ;;>_>)

Looking at their websites, they seem to have four confrence rooms. The biggest one (The Tain Suite) lists it's Theatre capacity as being at 1000. Since that would be just a stage and not a ring as well as the entrance area, I'd imagine that it would be about 75% that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

i was at a wrestling show in the fairways a few years back and they could get a couple hundred ppl with the proper seat arrangment

oh.. thats more than i expected.

Wow.. well.. damn.

I gues not everyone will be getting to meet with bret then :( Thats pretty crappy :(

Well.. i shall get there early with my figure and belt in hand, run up to him, get the signatures, photo and leave. Being the considerate person i am, i'll try and get there early and leave a silver and gold marker on the table for other people who may have belts. Despite their popularity, im yet to ever see a wrestler equipped with anything more than a pen or black marker. I want a picture with my camera though. They better organise this properly. Im not a big fan of "Oi, you stand there! ok that'll be €5 for this crappy polaroid picture that'll get smashed in your bag during the show". Like i always say, i dont mind paying, but i hate not being able to use my own camera and being able to print the pictures myself :(

**EDIT**

I just realised how much i complain :(

Wait, aren't you allowed use your own camera at this? (Again, noob alert; never been to an indy show before, or a autograph signing thingy, so apologies). I was hoping to line my Bebo page with "Dave meets Bret", "Dave meets Chris Masters" and so forth... ;_;

The show is at the end of October. So they still have a fair bit of time to prepare how they are going to run it and it's a bit unfair to be expecting specific answers to questions at the beginning of June.

By the end of September, I think it's fair enough to ask them what's the plan. It's a bit early yet though.

The show is at the end of October. So they still have a fair bit of time to prepare how they are going to run it and it's a bit unfair to be expecting specific answers to questions at the beginning of June.

By the end of September, I think it's fair enough to ask them what's the plan. It's a bit early yet though.

Great point Vince. The show is five months away. A lot could happen between then and now. Anyone about to spend 450 quid on replicas etc. should really hold off until at least August/September because the line-up could change between now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I am doing an audio interview with the American Wrestling Rampage booker. If you have any questions about this tour you can post them in this link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56133993#post56133993

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭AWR_OFFICE

Joey Mercury has been added to the American Wrestling
    Rampage tour. Tickets on sale NOW via www.ticketmaster.ie

09.jpg

I don't wana say I'm disappointed or anything, but...

Well..

I'm disappointed.

Nah, Im sure he'll be pretty cool at it. Havent heard anything about him since he departed from WWE.

Is that them all announced now? I could get a double pack of MNM to get signed, but i dunno if he'd be at all offended because, well, because Nitro's still got a job with WWE :-/

Whatever happened Mercury? I never really read into him leaving :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

He showed up for RAW in the middle of March totally out of it, Talent Relations weren't happy with it, he showed up again, the following week in the same state and was released. I don't believe he actually failed a second wellness test, but he most likely would have done so had he been tested.

Was a damn shame, i marked like a b*tch when he came back, amazingly talented.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't wana say I'm disappointed or anything, but...

Well..

I'm disappointed.

Nah, Im sure he'll be pretty cool at it. Havent heard anything about him since he departed from WWE.

Is that them all announced now? I could get a double pack of MNM to get signed, but i dunno if he'd be at all offended because, well, because Nitro's still got a job with WWE :-/

Whatever happened Mercury? I never really read into him leaving :(

He was addicted to painkillers and got sent to rehab, then when he came back he took that vicious ladder shot on PPV. After that he became addicted again, even worse than before, so WWE released him for his own good. He says he's clean now

He goes by Joey Matthews now, same as before he joined WWE. He's been wrestling a bit for ROH and he's one of the highlights of their shows. Great wrestler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Isn't he training in OVW now too?
    VR!

Fozzy wrote: »
    He was addicted to painkillers and got sent to rehab, then when he came back he took that vicious ladder shot on PPV. After that he became addicted again, even worse than before, so WWE released him for his own good. He says he's clean now

He goes by Joey Matthews now, same as before he joined WWE. He's been wrestling a bit for ROH and he's one of the highlights of their shows. Great wrestler

Whats he like in ROH? I was reading a report of one of their shows in PS and his match was described as "the weakest on the card".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Whats he like in ROH? I was reading a report of one of their shows in PS and his match was described as "the weakest on the card".

As he doesnt do enough MOVEZ and SPOTZ in his match and works WWE style.

He doesn't wrestle the ROH style, which I suppose doesn't impress some of their more hardcore fans. But he is a great wrestler and would be the most talented guy on a lot of indy shows that he works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Apparently TNA are interested to bring him back to bolster the roster.

Apparently TNA are interested to bring him back to bolster the roster.

Oh yeah, didn't he wrestle a dark match before one of the recent PPVs? He's teaching at OVW now too as VR said. I think he's a guy who WWE will come knocking for if he can prove that he can last on the road without messing up. He's not even 30 yet so he's got more time than most

He did an interview with figure four about 12 months ago and it was one of the most emotional interviews I've ever heard. He came across as a very genuine guy who had a lot of problems.

From the interview, I think he started wrestling age 15 or 16.

I'm not Fin Martin is quite what you'd call a "MOVEZ" mark, nor would he be a hardcore ROH. Maybe Joey had an off-night, or Martin got it wrong.

Can't say I'm a big Matthews mark to be honest, he's always seemed a little bland to me. On a related note; whatever happened to Christian York?

Thanks for the info guys. I quite like mercurey, but i can think of plenty other people i'd prefer to see :(

• Advertisement

On a related note; whatever happened to Christian York?

He was in OVW last year and had a few try-out matches for WWE I think. He's still around the place wrestling

Still no tickets on TM for the Cork show which is due to be on first, whats the story?

Tickets for Cork will go on sale soon, The delay is due to to the fact that the date has been changed to Friday October 31st at Neptune Stadium, Check back for more info soon

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

AWR,is it the same for Limerick dates? Dont see tickets up for sale yet for there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

I got the Tallaght 1s easy enough, I always kinda like Matthews & York in ECW nt 100% sure why but I did

Quick question, Im not at home right now and about to head home (in an internet cafe so i cant check myself) i never ordered off ticketmaster before, do i have to create an account with them or anything?

Cheers to anyone that can help out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Quick question, Im not at home right now and about to head home (in an internet cafe so i cant check myself) i never ordered off ticketmaster before, do i have to create an account with them or anything?

Cheers to anyone that can help out :)

No. Just a card.

I have a special place in my heart for Joey. He was actually in the first match i ever saw live in person at a SD house show in Dublin a few years back. MNM vs Eddie/Rey.

IIRC, they had just won the tag titles a few nights before and hardly anyone knew who they were. On the upside, I got a front row view of Melina's impressive entrance moves :D

130600979a7999055799l.jpg

American Wrestling Rampage are happy to announce that Mexican Legend, Mascarita Sagrada will join the Halloween Revenge tour this October. Mascarita is the top mini wrestler in the world and has wrestled for almost every major company in the world from WWE, WCW, CMLL, AAA, TNA.
    Tickets are onsale now via http://www.ticketmaster.ie/browse?category=27&tm_link=tm_sports_b_27&root=10004

24th Oct 2008 - University Concert Hall, Limerick, Ireland
    25th Oct 2008 - Travellers Friend, Castlebar, Ireland
    26th Oct 2008 - Basketball Arena, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland [Tickets]
    27th Oct 2008 - Leisurecentre, Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland
    29th Oct 2008 - NEC, Killarney, Kerry, Ireland
    30th Oct 2008 - Dundalk, Ireland
    31st Oct 2008 - Neptune Stadium, Cork, Ireland
    1st Nov 2008 - Whites Hotel, Wexford, Ireland

http://www.rampageamericanwrestling.co.uk/

American Wrestling Rampage will be announcing European Tour dates soon including a tour of France and Eastern Europe,

Check out Mascarita Sagrada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

after watching that video i've come to despise head scissors' :(

• Advertisement

MINIS!

I must say great out of the box idea (by European Indy standards.) They really get over well with kids and Hornswoggle is favourite in WWE too.

Mascarita Sagrada?! He's amazing! If he weren't so small he'd be recognised as one of the best wrestlers ever. I'm strongly considering going now...

Mascarita Sagrada?! He's amazing! If he weren't so small he'd be recognised as one of the best wrestlers ever. I'm strongly considering going now...

SO much better than another Ex-WWE lug isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

rovert wrote: »
    OK, booking Mascarita Sagrada has sold me COMPLETELY on this one. As Fozzy has already said, that little fella is as good a high flyer as there is anywhere in the world. The crispness and regularity with he pulls off seemingly impossible spots has to be seen to be believed. Well AWR, with this masterstroke, you've actually made me interested in a show I'd never previously have touched with a barge pole.

rovert wrote: »

For a limited number of fans, absolutely. Although he is an ex-WWE guy himself!

For a limited number of fans, absolutely.

Id disagree on the night

Although he is an ex-WWE guy himself!

I may have gotten between Sunny's legs too :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

My only concern about this is that they had better not pander to the in built disregard for so called "midget" wrestlers that has developed in popular opinion following on from Vince's repeated use of them in comedy segments. He's genuinely one of the best wrestlers in the world of ANY weight class and they're lucky to have the opportunity to book him. He should be booked and treated accordingly. If he's treated as a jobber or throwaway comedy act I for one will be MAJORLY pissed off.:mad:

Mascarita Sagrada will battle long time rival Bracito De Plata
    Standing 1.48m Bracito de Plata is amongst the most entertaining mini luchadores in Mexico. He takes his name from the legendary family of the Brazos de Plata (Arms of Silver).
    g_bracito_de_plata.jpg

g_mascarita_sagrada.jpg

MASCARITA SAGRADA http://www.myspace.com/mascaritasagrada

Height: 4'5"/135 cms

Weight: 93 lbs/42 kg

Signature moves: Huracarrana, Spinning headscissors, Asai Moonsault, Plancha Suicida

Titles: CMLL Minis Title, National Minis Title, AAA/IWC Minis Title, WWA Minis Title

Mascarita Sagrada is highly regarded as the most popular and skilled Mexican mini-wrestler of all time and has performed for WWF, WWE, WCW, AAA, CMLL, TNA and Lucha Va Voom. He has also been featured in several films and marketing campaigns, including an un-credited cameo in the film My Giant with Billy Crystal and an ad campaign for Virgin Mobile. He started training as a luchador in 1987 under the instructions of Muralla Sangrienta I and Sr. Genaro Contreras. His first appearance in the ring was as Pequeño Luki, a mini-martial artist who alongside Arturito (one of the trolls in the movie Nacho Libre) fought against Gran Nikolai and Pequeño Goliath. Soon after this and because of his amazing skills, he would become the now legendary Mascarita Sagrada, the mini-version of the popular luchador Mascara Sagrada.

Apologies if this has been answered already but I bought tickets online for this about 2 weeks ago and ticketmaster have yet to deliver them, will they be delivered closer to the event or should they have been posted out by now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Apologies if this has been answered already but I bought tickets online for this about 2 weeks ago and ticketmaster have yet to deliver them, will they be delivered closer to the event or should they have been posted out by now?

ticketmaster normally post them out nearer to the date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement