Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Wrestling Rampage Irish Tour With Bret "Hitman" Hart

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

jeffk wrote: »
    ticketmaster normally post them out nearer to the date.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

ticketmaster normally post them out nearer to the date.

Cheers!I was asking myself the same question as Vince

You know AWR should try and book?

Ariel/Shelly/Salinas.

I've noticed there doesn't seem to be a woman on the card, and I'm sure a picture of her on a leaflet would get some people going. (to the event, that is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

Ha never seen the midget guy b4 that looks deadly, totally would go more if they had Shelly Martinez 4 the tour:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I want Bret to sign my copy:
    book_hof_canadians.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rovert wrote: »
    I want Bret to sign my copy:
    book_hof_canadians.gif

Bravo, well done.
    I might go to this, just to
    a) see the above
    b) to see him whine about how many people "don't have the right to be there"

Priceless!
    VR!

Bravo, well done.
    I might go to this, just to
    a) see the above
    b) to see him whine about how many people "don't have the right to be there"

Priceless!
    VR!

And this picture:
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1151/1261481528_f9efdf3084.jpg?v=0

One of the greatest moments ever, an image burned into my mind 12 years ago. :D
    (actually now that you mentioned it, THAT was the kick that knocked Bret loopy, not Goldberg's... think about it ;) )
    VR!

VR!

VR's boyhood dream has come true!

VR's boyhood dream has come true!

Nah, that was to nail Heather Locklear after seeing her in TJ Hooker when i was 10.

Sadly, that still hasn't happened yet, but i'm still working on it! :D
    VR! (Goes Hollywood - Spring 2009!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭AWR_OFFICE

Tickets for American Wrestling Rampage at Neptune Stadium Co Cork are now on sale Via www.ticketmaster.ie

Set to appear, Bret "Hitman" Hart, Gangrel, Joey Mercury, Eugene, Scotty Too Hotty, Tatanka, The Ring and more

Check out http://www.rampageamericanwrestling.co.uk/ for more info

AWR_OFFICE wrote: »
    Tickets for American Wrestling Rampage at Neptune Stadium Co Cork are now on sale Via www.ticketmaster.ie

Set to appear, Bret "Hitman" Hart, Gangrel, Joey Mercury, Eugene, Scotty Too Hotty, Tatanka, The Ring and more

Check out http://www.rampageamericanwrestling.co.uk/ for more info

The Ring is coming? you'd wana be careful booking him, i think he no-showed an IwW show recently :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Ring and more

Good to see this shower are not petty anyway :rolleyes:

The Ring is coming? you'd wana be careful booking him, i think he no-showed an IwW show recently :pac:

That's two dodgy bookings now, Bret might see a member of the audience he doesn't like and say "either he goes, or i go!"

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

(actually now that you mentioned it, THAT was the kick that knocked Bret loopy, not Goldberg's... think about it ;) )
    VR!

And yet 12 years on, after everything Shawn has done since - Montreal, DX, the come back - and Bret's anticlimatic end to his carreer - Shawn is no bigger a name in the industry.

D-FENS wrote: »
    And yet 12 years on, after everything Shawn has done since - Montreal, DX, the come back - and Bret's anticlimatic end to his carreer - Shawn is no bigger a name in the industry.

You know Bret Hart doesn’t get recongised in Calgary nowadays while Shawn Michael’s is in featured matches or main eventing Wrestlemania ever year. I’m a big Bret Hart fan but I don’t buy into Bret Hart's own self serving legend making revisionism like you seem to do.

You know Bret Hart doesn’t get recongised in Calgary nowadays while Shawn Michael’s is in featured matches or main eventing Wrestlemania ever year. I’m a big Bret Hart fan but I don’t buy into Bret Hart's own self serving legend making revisionism like you seem to do.

Walked the streets of Calgary much lately, have you?
    Being a big name in the industry doesn’t mean you have to be an active wrestler on the biggest stage at this precise moment, it means you done enough in your career to be remembered as one of the best. Are you only as big as your present standing? Flair and Hogan are nobodies at that rate, not to mention pure sods like Andre, Eddie Guerrero or Owen Hart. Shawn is currently one of the best, and will be remembered as one of the best, but no more than Bret (Gonna ask me for "proof" now are you? As a big Bret Hart fan you should already know why), and that was my point.
    You don't know me so please don't assume I’m as narrow minded as to say something just because Bret Hart said so.
    I expressed my opinion, but I forgot, that's not an automatic right around here anymore, it is?

No but Ive read interviews with Bret saying the same thing
    Being a big name in the industry doesn’t mean you have to be an active wrestler on the biggest stage at this precise moment, it means you done enough in your career to be remembered as one of the best.

Bret Hart in his own Hall of Fame speech said Shawn worked harder than him. Bret Hart was a star in a depressed marketplace, business only picked up when Bret was out of the scene in 1996 and Shawn was Champion.
    Are you only as big as your present standing? Flair and Hogan are nobodies at that rate, not to mention pure sods like Andre, Eddie Guerrero or Owen Hart.

No, did I say Bret was a nobody? No I didnt, you are taking an extremely defensive tact here.

Flair, Hogan, Andre were far, far bigger names than Bret. So your sense of proportion is out of kilter
    Shawn is currently one of the best, and will be remembered as one of the best, but no more than Bret (Gonna ask me for "proof" now are you? As a big Bret Hart fan you should already know why), and that was my point..

Shawn has a much longer and better volume of work than Bret has. Sorry but I do want proof if you are going to make that claim. Please explain to me how Bret will be more remember than Shawn, as I dont see it?
    You don't know me so please don't assume I’m as narrow minded as to say something just because Bret Hart said so. I expressed my opinion, but I forgot, that's not an automatic right around here anymore, it is?

I never said it wasnt a right here, I just said that some opinions are more valid than others, if they are based on logic and reason which sorry to say both your posts lack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

funnily enough thats what i was just thinking :P, problem with rovert is quite simply he does not see how annoying hes become and why i choose to post very rarely now

shame this board used to be good

shin

shinzon wrote: »
    funnily enough thats what i was just thinking :P, problem with rovert is quite simply he does not see how annoying hes become and why i choose to post very rarely now

shin

Please debate my posts and not me Im trying to actually talk about wrestling here. Why does that make me annoying? It is the people who come out to attack me for the sake of attack are the ones who are annoying.

• Advertisement

Please debate my posts and not me Im trying to actually talk about wrestling here. Why does that make me annoying? It is the people who come out to attack me for the sake of attack are the ones who are annoying.

theres simlpy no point in debating your posts rovert because whatever we post your the one thats always right and nothing will ever change your mind on that and ive given up trying

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

shin

rovert is doing nothing wrong so please don't make it personal

You only posted very rarely before rovert started posting anyway, I'm not sure what your point is there

theres simlpy no point in debating your posts rovert because whatever we post your the one thats always right and nothing will ever change your mind on that and ive given up trying

Shin

Please try reply with facts, logic and reason. If you dont think Im open to correct you are simply wrong ask VR, who has corrected me on stuff in the past and Fozzy too. You lack serious creditablity here.

Fozzy wrote: »
    rovert is doing nothing wrong so please don't make it personal

You only posted very rarely before rovert started posting anyway, I'm not sure what your point is there

hmm very fast moderator reponse there nvm though should have expected it really

Shin

Shin

Again you're making it personal. rovert didn't report the post, which you are obviously implying. Nobody did

Shin

So you are attacking me for the sake of it. Oh look youve took the topic off topic, looks like another one Ill get the blame for.

Shin

I didnt report the post. Im probably the most lax on that front. Which in fact has many times got me in trouble with Fozzy when rows break out after people try to troll me, like you are.

If you want me to report you I will.

Back on topic Shawn is far more vertisile in the type of matches he had than Bret was. Also a much better interview. Honestly what puts Bret ahead of Shawn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

So you are attacking me for the sake of it. Oh look youve took the topic off topic, looks like another one Ill get the blame for.

Rovert, I think you're brilliant.

I also laughed very hard when seeing that The Ring was set to appear at the AWR show.

Kudos to you both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Ecw-Original

^^ agreed :D

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Rovert, I think you're brilliant

Go away, there are people here who come into threads with no intention of adding anything but attacking me but never my points funny that.

“No but I’ve read interviews with Bret saying the same thing”

In your first post you mentioned Bret’s “self serving legend making revisionism”, now he’s being modest and humble and admitting no-one knows who he is in his home town, which is it?

“Bret Hart in his own Hall of Fame speech said Shawn worked harder than him. Bret Hart was a star in a depressed marketplace, business only picked up when Bret was out of the scene in 1996 and Shawn was Champion”

Most wrestlers are modest and credit those they worked with in their hall of fame speech and Bret was no exception, but I don’t believe, and I don’t think Bret or even Shawn really think either guy worked harder than the other in this period, both were two of the real workers of that era. And although you’re right, the state of the wrestling scene wasn’t as good around the mid 90’s, Bret was an exception, everyone knows he made the most of the opportunities he got and was a very memorable champion. And there are a lot of reasons why business in the industry picked up in the late 90’s, most relate to the rise of WCW, then WWE’S counter activities from the attitude era and the making of household names like Austin and Rock, don’t make out HBK winning the strap turned a corner for the industry because it didn’t (In fact, wasn’t Shawn champion when people started turning over to WCW for the best part of the next 2 years?)

“Flair, Hogan, Andre were far, far bigger names than Bret. So your sense of proportion is out of kilter”

My point wasn’t that Bret was bigger than any of these guys, my point was that he’s just as big a star as Shawn Michaels and just because a wrestler’s not in the spotlight the last few years, like people such Hogan or Andre, doesn’t change their status of their names in the industry, so you’re actually taking my points out of proportion (I actually think the two are on a pretty even keel in terms of where they fit into the list of the best of all time, I was not implying that Bret is streets ahead of Shawn)

“Shawn has a much longer and better volume of work than Bret has. Sorry but I do want proof if you are going to make that claim. Please explain to me how Bret will be more remember than Shawn, as I don’t see it?”

Bret won every title in the WWE at that time (Before Vince decided to add the European title to the requirement of “Grand Slam”, whoopdedoo Shawn), he also headlined numerous WM’s and other PPV’s and there’s just as many fans out there who remember them as much as Shawn’s, and his matches with people like Mr. Perfect, Razor, Bam Bam and Owen were as good as anything I’ve seen HBK do, as was his feud and WM match with Austin (Shawn needed HHH, Chyna and Mike Tyson to spice up his feud with Austin), his comeback in late ’96 after only being away for 6 months was as heralded as Shawn’s in ’02 and he was gone four bloody years, his heal turn in ’97 was as infamous as any HBK has had, WCW was on a downslide by the time they finally gave Bret the opportunity he deserved, but he proved his worth again with his matches with Benoit. Bret is respected and remembered as one of the best wrestlers ever by his peers and fellow wrestlers just as much as HBK is (Bar people like HHH and Flair who are affiliated with HBK), and these are the people who I class as speaking from fact and using logic and reason (In a industry where so much back stabbing and slating goes on, when guys do actually credit each other you know it’s deserved), not any writers or columnists. Unlike a lot of his fellow inductees, Bret actually deserves his place in the hall of fame and was put in there for a reason. Shawn may have had the last laugh on Bret in WWE, but Bret can rest assured that Shawn can carry on wrestling till he’s Terry Funk’s age, he’ll only ever match what Bret did, he won’t top it.

In your first post you mentioned Bret’s “self serving legend making revisionism”, now he’s being modest and humble and admitting no-one knows who he is in his home town, which is it?

People can be very contradictory, read Bret’s book there are numerous contradictions to be found part of the reason why it is so interesting.

Most wrestlers are modest and credit those they worked with in their hall of fame speech and Bret was no exception, but I don’t believe, and I don’t think Bret or even Shawn really think either guy worked harder than the other in this period, both were two of the real workers of that era. And although you’re right, the state of the wrestling scene wasn’t as good around the mid 90’s, Bret was an exception, everyone knows he made the most of the opportunities he got and was a very memorable champion. And there are a lot of reasons why business in the industry picked up in the late 90’s, most relate to the rise of WCW, then WWE’S counter activities from the attitude era and the making of household names like Austin and Rock, don’t make out HBK winning the strap turned a corner for the industry because it didn’t (In fact, wasn’t Shawn champion when people started turning over to WCW for the best part of the next 2 years?)

Bret Hart had a reputation which he admitted to in his speech that he didn’t work as hard as Shawn on house shows. Sorry but again in Bret’s book he talks of his title reign as being less than memorable. Many people would say he only put his working boots on PPVs

Bret won every title in the WWE at that time (Before Vince decided to add the European title to the requirement of “Grand Slam”, whoopdedoo Shawn), he also headlined numerous WM’s and other PPV’s and there’s just as many fans out there who remember them as much as Shawn’s, and his matches with people like Mr. Perfect, Razor, Bam Bam and Owen were as good as anything I’ve seen HBK do,

What about Hell In The Cell with Taker, Shawn’s Ladder Matches along with HBK’s matches with Flair, Cena, Edge among others. Shawn has had far more ****+ matches than Bret .
    as was his feud and WM match with Austin (Shawn needed HHH, Chyna and Mike Tyson to spice up his feud with Austin)

Erm no Tyson was brought to create mainstream interest in the entire show while on a performance basis Tyson detracted from the feud. Also Shawn did have a broken back.
    his comeback in late ’96 after only being away for 6 months was as heralded as Shawn’s in ’02 and he was gone four bloody years,

You honestly cant compare them as the environment was totally different

Unlike a lot of his fellow inductees, Bret actually deserves his place in the hall of fame and was put in there for a reason. Shawn may have had the last laugh on Bret in WWE, but Bret can rest assured that Shawn can carry on wrestling till he’s Terry Funk’s age, he’ll only ever match what Bret did, he won’t top it.

You know Bret would probably be still wrestling if his career wasn’t cut short, right?

“People can be very contradictory, read Bret’s book there are numerous contradictions to be found part of the reason why it is so interesting.”

Unfortunately I have’nt had the pleasure of reading his book yet, will you lend it to me seens how we’ve hit it off so well?

“Bret Hart had a reputation which he admitted to in his speech that he didn’t work as hard as Shawn on house shows. Sorry but again in Bret’s book he talks of his title reign as being less than memorable. Many people would say he only put his working boots on PPVs”

Bret being very modest and selling himself short there as far as I’m concerned, his reign may have been spoiled somewhat by who Vince booked him against to defend the title, but he as a performer got the best he could out of his opponents. Some of Shawn's reigns were no better anyway, plus both men's best work has been without the strap.

“What about Hell In The Cell with Taker, Shawn’s Ladder Matches along with HBK’s matches with Flair, Cena, Edge among others. Shawn has had far more ****+ matches than Bret.”

Bret’s matches were just as good as Shawn’s, the only edge HBK has, is to have wrestling in an era where more of a spotlight was on him due to the greater exposure of WWE, but wrestlers in the industry have long enough memories to appreciate what Bret did in his time.

“You honestly cant compare them as the environment was totally different”

Can you elaborate on this?

“You know Bret would probably be still wrestling if his career wasn’t cut short, right?”

Yes, but I’m saying he done enough in the time he did.

“People can be very contradictory, read Bret’s book there are numerous contradictions to be found part of the reason why it is so interesting.”

Unfortunately I have’nt had the pleasure of reading his book yet, will you lend it to me seens how we’ve hit it off so well?

“Bret Hart had a reputation which he admitted to in his speech that he didn’t work as hard as Shawn on house shows. Sorry but again in Bret’s book he talks of his title reign as being less than memorable. Many people would say he only put his working boots on PPVs”

Bret being very modest and selling himself short there as far as I’m concerned, his reign may have been spoiled somewhat by who Vince booked him against to defend the title, but he as a performer got the best he could out of his opponents. Some of Shawn's reigns were no better anyway, plus both men's best work has been without the strap.

“What about Hell In The Cell with Taker, Shawn’s Ladder Matches along with HBK’s matches with Flair, Cena, Edge among others. Shawn has had far more ****+ matches than Bret.”

Bret’s matches were just as good as Shawn’s, the only edge HBK has, is to have wrestling in an era where more of a spotlight was on him due to the greater exposure of WWE, but wrestlers in the industry have long enough memories to appreciate what Bret did in his time.

You must not be a big Bret Hart if you havent read his book. Im going to ask did you even watch his HOF induction speech? If you read his book you wouldnt claim Bret was modest.

“You honestly cant compare them as the environment was totally different”

Can you elaborate on this?

One was a bidding war (when WCW was beating WWF) and another was a return from injury.

“You know Bret would probably be still wrestling if his career wasn’t cut short, right?”

Yes, but I’m saying he done enough in the time he did.
    [/QUOTE]

Shawn did too he left in 1998, his return has enhanced his legacy. He came back from injury a better worker.

• Advertisement

“You must not be a big Bret Hart if you havent read his book. Im going to ask did you even watch his HOF induction speech? If you read his book you wouldnt claim Bret was modest”

Not a big enough fan these days to buy his book over the internet when I’ve got a mortage and nappies to buy, but a big enough fan to have watch most of his career and know his place in wrestling history. I can take a photo of me hugging his figure if that will prove what a big fan I am?

“One was a bidding war (when WCW was beating WWF) and another was a return from injury”

Does’nt matter what the circumstances were in each case, so Vince made Bret out to be more than he was just because he was trying to beat WCW? fact is Bret was a big deal and people don’t forget that.

Shawn did too he left in 1998, his return has enhanced his legacy. He came back from injury a better worker

Bret does’nt need to come back from injury to enhance his legacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Bret was one of my favourites when I was younger so I might seriously give this a look in. I just finished watching WM10 earlier and was watching his match with Yokozuna thinking to myself "It's a pity I never got to see him live".

Bret was one of my favourites when I was younger so I might seriously give this a look in. I just finished watching WM10 earlier and was watching his match with Yokozuna thinking to myself "It's a pity I never got to see him live".

He won't be wrestling, in case that's what you're thinking. He retired due to a concussion about eight years ago and then had a stroke

Fozzy wrote: »
    He won't be wrestling, in case that's what you're thinking. He retired due to a concussion about eight years ago and then had a stroke

Still, it'd be cool to say you were in the same building as him :pac:

Still, it'd be cool to say you were in the same building as him :pac:

Ah yeah, I just got the impression from that post that grandmaster might have been expecting to see Bret wrestle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

Just after getting my tickets for the NBA I cant wait! I never thought id see Bret Hart in a wrestling ring in Ireland again... looks like i was wrong:D Bet this show will be jam packed to the rafters. Anyone who has'nt got their tickets yet should od QUICK....

Luas Lane wrote: »
    Just after getting my tickets for the NBA I cant wait! I never thought id see Bret Hart in a wrestling ring in Ireland again... looks like i was wrong:D Bet this show will be jam packed to the rafters. Anyone who has'nt got their tickets yet should od QUICK....

Might be an idea NOT to get tickets so quickly for the dublin shows, if anyones willing to fork out for traveling or whatever, the other shows thats listed are (some, and not by much) cheaper, so there are other options if the NBA show sells out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Up @ break for the border last night and seen a poster for this event in the building or car park across from it.
    Must``ve been about 4ft high by about 2ft wide,must be some big backers to have a sign that big in a spot like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Up @ break for the border last night and seen a poster for this event in the building or car park across from it.
    Must``ve been about 4ft high by about 2ft wide,must be some big backers to have a sign that big in a spot like that.

Any chance of getting a pic of that?

Any chance of getting a pic of that?

I didnt take one sorry,to busy trying to convince the bouncer i wouldnt run a muk if he let me in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I didnt take one sorry,to busy trying to convince the bouncer i wouldnt run a muk if he let me in.

Yeah that wouldve distracted me too, lol.

If you could get a pic of it and post it up maybe someone from IwW could get a look at it.... :p

Yeah that wouldve distracted me too, lol.

If you could get a pic of it and post it up maybe someone from IwW could get a look at it.... :p

now thats harsh lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Damo.Smith

very harsh,ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭AWR_OFFICE

Over the next few weeks AWR will announce another big name set to appear at halloween revenge.
    Keep checkin back or check out http://www.rampageamericanwrestling.co.uk/

Over the next few weeks AWR will announce another big name set to appear at halloween revenge.
    Keep checkin back or check out http://www.rampageamericanwrestling.co.uk/

Sounds good. :D

I look forward to hearing who it is :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement