Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Wrestling Rampage Irish Tour With Bret "Hitman" Hart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

AWR_OFFICE wrote: »
    Over the next few weeks AWR will announce another big name set to appear at halloween revenge.
    Keep checkin back or check out http://www.rampageamericanwrestling.co.uk/

Very good. I'm really eager to find out who it is......:confused::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

Cool, cant wait hope it'll be a good one. This is looking to be one hell of a show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Appearances

Check back regularly to find out where Bret will be appearing.

Click here for booking inquiries

Friday, 10 October 2008 - 1:00pm
    BOOK SIGNING - Borders Books NYC
    Borders Books-100 Broadway (Wall Street), NYC, NY
    Saturday, 11 October 2008 - 11:00am
    BOOK SIGNING - Bookends, Ridgewood, NJ
    Bookends - 232 East Ridgewood Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ
    Saturday, 25 October 2008 - 6:00pm
    "AMERICAN WRESTLING RAMPAGE" Tour
    Alex Centre-Castlebar, Ireland
    Sunday, 26 October 2008 - 6:00pm
    "AMERICAN WRESTLING RAMPAGE" TOUR
    Basketball Arena - Dublin, Ireland
    Monday, 27 October 2008 - 6:00pm
    "AMERICAN WRESTLING RAMPAGE" TOUR
    Icon Centre- Letterkenny, Ireland
    Wednesday, 29 October 2008 - 6:00pm
    NEC - Killarney, Kerry, Ireland
    Thursday, 30 October 2008 - 6:00pm
    Dundalk, Ireland
    Saturday, 1 November 2008 - 6:00pm
    Whites, Wexford, Ireland
    Sunday, 2 November 2008 - 6:00pm
    Neptune Stadium - Cork, Ireland
    Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 6:00pm
    Metz, France

From the Hitman's Website, no offense to AWR but it makes me feel abit better, his dates seem to be off though

Very nice.:D:D:D

Its a bit of relief alright :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I had a dream last night that Delirious was added to the card. What's the chances he'll be the "Big Name" >_> :p

Anyway, I really wonder who it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I had a dream last night that Delirious was added to the card. What's the chances he'll be the "Big Name" >_> :p

Anyway, I really wonder who it is.

Only time will tell.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Only time will tell.......

Kent Brockman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭AWR_OFFICE

American Wrestling Rampage is happy to announce that the HOMICIDAL... SUICIDAL... GENOCIDAL mad man SABU will be apart of the huge Halloween Revenge tour coming this October/November to Europe

sabu11.jpg

• Advertisement

Thank God, I was mad to tell someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Funny. The Wrestling Observer said this week that a few months ago Sabu was saying that he'd never be able to bump again, but now he feels better and wants to get back in the ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

He was the highlight of WWA's second show in Dublin, he'll no doubt shine again here. Lets hope his back holds up.

He was the highlight of WWA's second show in Dublin, he'll no doubt shine again here. Lets hope his back holds up.

Well, the Observer also said that he still has to limit what he does. I wouldn't expect to see him jumping off ladders or anything. And if he does then he's stupid, it's that sort of thing that had him convinced he'd never take a bump again a short while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Sabu is stupid, he wrestled Samoa Joe in a cage match with a broken freakin' arm. Though I do think he should retire or at least slow it down and cut out the hardcore wrestling.

Sabu is stupid, he wrestled Samoa Joe in a cage match with a broken freakin' arm.

It was good match which didnt further damage the arm. He recovered and got a run in WWE. Hardly stupid. He ranks quite low on the Kurt Angle scale.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    It was good match which didnt further damage the arm. He recovered and got a run in WWE. Hardly stupid. He ranks quite low on the Kurt Angle scale.

It was a good match and he didn't hurt his arm further, but it was still stupid to wrestle a cage match with a broken arm, especially with someone as intense as Samoa Joe and he only got that WWE run due to the resurrection of ECW, besides that I'd say they would have never brought him in.

It was a good match and he didn't hurt his arm further, but it was still stupid to wrestle a cage match with a broken arm, especially with someone as intense as Samoa Joe and he only got that WWE run due to the resurrection of ECW, besides that I'd say they would have never brought him in.

People have done worst in Wrestling, hell Sabu even has in the past. By wrestling that match in particular he showed more maturity than he ever has by nit burning a bridge with TNA.

On topic this is turning in a real quality card and Sabu much like the previous addition of the mini adds an extra dimension to the card appealing to different types of fan all at the same time. Good work

It is a very good card and hopefully I will achieve my life long goal of seeing the WORM live.

New Poster:

130600979a8520670632l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Fozzy wrote: »
    Well, the Observer also said that he still has to limit what he does. I wouldn't expect to see him jumping off ladders or anything. And if he does then he's stupid, it's that sort of thing that had him convinced he'd never take a bump again a short while ago

He was quite limited in what he did at the Point show also. Moreover, with this being a tour, I would imagine him to be even more limited than usual. But if he doesa couple of his trademark spots, as at the WWA show, I'm sure the crowd will go nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

American Wrestling Rampage is happy to announce that the HOMICIDAL... SUICIDAL... GENOCIDAL mad man SABU will be apart of the huge Halloween Revenge tour coming this October/November to Europe

sabu11.jpg

Any chance ye could book Ric Flair? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

New Poster:

130600979a8520670632l.jpg

Sorry if it's stated somewhere in this thread, i can't spot it, but can i presume Test, Masters and Ganrel are off this card?

D-FENS wrote: »
    Sorry if it's stated somewhere in this thread, i can't spot it, but can i presume Test, Masters and Ganrel are off this card?

I think Masters won't be at any of the shows as he is booked for another wrestling company, Test won't be at the Irish shows but he will be at the other European shows. And Ganrel is still on the card for all shows. I could be wrong on all of that but I am sure someone from AWR will let us know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

after the last AWR show i don't want to have to spend my money to see Test ever again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭AWR_OFFICE

Sabu replaces Gangrel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

Sabu.... Excellent! As for the rest of the card i was'nt really bothered about seeing Test {i heard he was the pits last time he was over} or Gangrel, hes been off TV so long now that most people wont remember him anyway. But i must say im looking forward to the rest, lets just hope that Sabu will wrestle and not just turn up like Sandman did. A friend of mine was at one of the shows last time and said his entrance was about 10 minutes and his match was about 2. But he is a Legend after all!!!;)

Pretty cool poster for the European mainland tour:

130600979a8239325664l.jpg

Americain? French?

Americain? French?

Yes

They get the Extreme version of the tour too :(

• Advertisement

They get the Extreme version of the tour too :(

You need a license in this country.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    after the last AWR show i don't want to have to spend my money to see Test ever again :mad:

Well i paid the money to see Foley tbh, and am obviously happy with Bret as his replacement, but i have to say i thought Test's work in his ECW run was passable, has he deteriated that much since then?
    Why is he still on the card for mainland Europe and not here?

Well i paid the money to see Foley tbh, and am obviously happy with Bret as his replacement, but i have to say i thought Test's work in his ECW run was passable, has he deteriated that much since then?

He is rumored to have "demons."

Schedule and budget reasons Id guess

He is rumored to have "demons."

Kelly Kelly must be an awful demon (Insert "in the sack" joke here) to deal with alright, or has she taking the Stacey Kiebler exit as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i have had the pleasure of watching test "perform" live at royal rumble 2007 (his last WWE ppv match) and the last AWR show and believe me you ain't missing much not have test on the card

i thought chris masters was very good that night (and i hated him in wwe) thats a much bigger loss than test imo, the dude can really talk. sandman was awful as well but his 10 minute entrance was amazing and the fact that he stayed around after with joey legend and heidenreich letting people get photos and autographs was a bonus.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i have had the pleasure of watching test "perform" live at royal rumble 2007 (his last WWE ppv match) and the last AWR show and believe me you ain't missing much not have test on the card

i thought chris masters was very good that night (and i hated him in wwe) thats a much bigger loss than test imo, the dude can really talk. sandman was awful as well but his 10 minute entrance was amazing and the fact that he stayed around after with joey legend and heidenreich letting people get photos and autographs was a bonus.

Fair enough about Test, i just figured the more well known names on the card the better for a bit of craic.
    And i'll have to take your word for it about Master's live mic skills, he must have been seriously gagged in WWE!
    And as for Sandman, after his carry on at Captain Lou's birthday bash, i'd kack myself if he turned up in Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

anyone think foley could end up coming over if he doesnt re-sign with wwe? :D

Sabu replaces Gangrel

No Gangrel?

Well that sucks :( :mad: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

No Gangrel?

Well that sucks :( :mad: :(

At least someone cares.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    At least someone cares.

Hey, im fat enough to be two people, so thats almost 50% of Gangrel's fan base!

I want him re-booked :(

Now that Foley is essentially gone from WWE, can you try and re-book him, AWR?

Now that Foley is essentially gone from WWE, can you try and re-book him, AWR?

Bret Hart is his replacement.

Bret Hart is his replacement.

I believe he only got replaced because Foley returned to WWE and therefore could not make his bookings. However, he is essentially finished with them now and won't be renewing his contract (September 1st) so he will be able to make the show if its worth his while.

Mick Foley confirmed to Long Island Press writer Josh Stewart that he would be leaving WWE.

"I can't say much until after my contract expires, which is September 1st. But at this point, there is a good chance, through mutual agreement, that I will not be renewing the contract," Foley said while leaving a phone message Thursday evening. "Creatively, the announcing job wasn't working out too well."

I think having Foley on the card (and having him actually appear) would make this an amazing event to go to.

It might not be the popular choice, but as far as i am concerned:

Foley > Bret

And i'd love to see him re-booked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

And i'd love to see him re-booked.

Have you already bought a ticket?

The money that they'd have to fork out to Mick has already been promised to Bret now. There's no real incentive for AWR to book Mick I would imagine

• Advertisement

Have you already bought a ticket?

No. Why do you ask?

The money that they'd have to fork out to Mick has already been promised to Bret now. There's no real incentive for AWR to book Mick I would imagine

I guess you could look at it that way. But they could always add more dates to the tour and get more mileage out of the same roster by having Foley involved.

I mean, if anyone was "on the fence", as they say, about going to see Bret, they'd certainly go to a show that involved BOTH Foley and Bret.

I guess you could look at it that way. But they could always add more dates to the tour and get more mileage out of the same roster by having Foley involved.

I don’t think AWR is in business to give Mick Foley a payday.
    I mean, if anyone was "on the fence", as they say, about going to see Bret, they'd certainly go to a show that involved BOTH Foley and Bret.

I don’t think so and not to the extent to make it viable. Ever hear of the law of diminishing returns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

No. Why do you ask?

Pure nosiness.

I think one big star in a non wrestling capacity is enough each time.

Pure nosiness.

I think one big star in a non wrestling capacity is enough each time.

Especially when fan crossover is as big between Hart and Foley.

I know it doesn't really make much sense to book Foley on this tour... But i want them to do it anyway.

I met him at the signing in Eason's in Dublin (Spent two hours traveling there and twelve hours sat outside Queuing up to see him, too) and he is just an awesome guy. He's so friendly. Even when he doesn't have to be.

Here's an example:

And i just hope someone books him for some show some time soon. :(

I don't think it'll take too long before he realises he's doing OK financially, and decides that coming to Ireland isn't worth the time or effort involved, so i'd like to see someone book him soon, and AWR seem like the only real option (although i would attend any promotion's event, to see him again).

:o:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement