Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Wrestling Rampage Irish Tour With Bret "Hitman" Hart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Youre right, he is really nice. The single greatest moment in my life was when he signed my Cactus Jack T-Shirt, when he didnt have to. He is a class act.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I don't think it'll take too long before he realises he's doing OK financially, and decides that coming to Ireland isn't worth the time or effort involved

You identify yourself as a Foley fan and you come with that?

rovert wrote: »
    You identify yourself as a Foley fan and you come with that?

Yeah i know, it doesn't seem like him, but im sure Ireland is a lot of hassle.

I'd still love to know what made him do the book signing here. WWE wrestlers don't seem to realise we exist, to do a book signing here seems so odd (i'd understand if he were on the roster and they were touring, but he wasn't and they weren't). :confused:

Yeah i know, it doesn't seem like him, but im sure Ireland is a lot of hassle.

I'd still love to know what made him do the book signing here. WWE wrestlers don't seem to realise we exist, to do a book signing here seems so odd (i'd understand if he were on the roster and they were touring, but he wasn't and they weren't). :confused:

It was arranged my his book company most likely.

It was arranged my his book company most likely.

Yeah but if so, they never bothered with his previous books, and in the end im sure it'd be up to him whether or not he wanted to do it.

I wish he'd write another book :(

Yeah but if so, they never bothered with his previous books, and in the end im sure it'd be up to him whether or not he wanted to do it.

MOVE then to a more lucrative market. Do you want him to fly over just to drop into your doorstep for a kiss and a cuddle or what? As that is the impression you are giving.

I wish he'd write another book :(

Please no.

He ran out of material with his last half book he put out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Wrestling Books sure, Hardcore Diaries was pretty poor, but fiction wise were his first two were decent enough

As for Foley being uber friendly, surely he's no Rovert? ;)

D-FENS wrote: »
    fiction wise were his first two were decent enough

Not in terms of sales. Both of his fiction books were alright but the problem with Foley he has a small and familar frame of reference.

MOVE then to a more lucrative market. Do you want him to fly over just to drop into your doorstep for a kiss and a cuddle or what? As that is the impression you are giving.

Please no.

Are you 12, Rovert?

Seriously, i was asking a question, and you start talking about a 'Kiss and a Cuddle' with Mick Foley?

Just... What?!

If you can't contribute something, have a discussion or conversation, then don't bother. You don't need to have arguments all the time, you know.

You come across as so full of yourself. You can't help but go into a topic shooting facts out left right and center and arguing with people constantly. Even when people agree with you, you manage to argue with them. I'm convinced you're just doing this as some kind of forum gimmick or something to be honest.

If you can't contribute something, have a discussion or conversation, then don't bother.
    You can't help but go into a topic shooting facts out left right and center

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hilarious?

Posting facts and trying to prove everyone wrong isn't a discussion or conversation.

Really, look at all the threads you go into. Just re-read them again and you'll see how much they change once you get involved.

Ah, im finished anyway. I'm not arguing with you.

Posting facts and trying to prove everyone wrong isn't a discussion or conversation.

That is not my intention I use facts to back up my points which is in fact what makes up decent and lively discussion. If other people dont do that it is on them.
    Really, look at all the threads you go into. Just re-read them again and you'll see how much they change once you get involved.

Please back up your statement. Your posts about Foley were getting kind of creepy the last few pages and I made light of it, big deal. Nothing I said was incorrect and I did answer a lot of questions you didnt have answers to. Which you replied with more and more pining for Foley. It became laughable, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I heard Sabu would be at this as well. Anyone know if thats true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I heard Sabu would be at this as well. Anyone know if thats true?

Click

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ha, it amused me to think someone pointed out that having foley and bret on the same bill would be a bit of a cross over with fans.
    Then what do AWR do?.. Bring in SABU!

:D

Sabu/Bret....

for me?

Sabu > Bret. But thats purely for me.

Ha, it amused me to think someone pointed out that having foley and bret on the same bill would be a bit of a cross over with fans.
    Then what do AWR do?.. Bring in SABU!

:D

Sabu/Bret....

for me?

Sabu > Bret. But thats purely for me.

They are both second generation Wrestlers. The Shiek worked in Stampede Wrestling. Also they were ranked 1 and 2 in the Wrestler of the Year Awards in 1994.

They are both second generation Wrestlers. The Shiek worked in Stampede Wrestling. Also they were ranked 1 and 2 in the Wrestler of the Year Awards in 1994.

So its actually very clever having them on the same show, more sense than Foley/Bret i guess

So its actually very clever having them on the same show, more sense than Foley/Bret i guess

Welcome to the previous page of this thread!

Welcome to the previous page of this thread!

Well..........

• Advertisement

Welcome to`the next page!

Welcome to`the next page!

Just out of curiosity, how much € are people gonna be bringing to these shows to cover themselves?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hmm, hadn't thought of it. Was it confirmed yet whether or not we'll have to pay for certain autographs/photos/etc? And I wonder what way merchindise stands will be and what the average t-shirt might cost (Question for anyone who was at their last shows :P)?

I'm also wondering if anyone else is going to be added to the show? Admit it. You'd all mark out for a Stevie Richards appearance :L

Hmm, hadn't thought of it. Was it confirmed yet whether or not we'll have to pay for certain autographs/photos/etc? And I wonder what way merchindise stands will be and what the average t-shirt might cost (Question for anyone who was at their last shows :P)?

I'm also wondering if anyone else is going to be added to the show? Admit it. You'd all mark out for a Stevie Richards appearance :L

Personally I wouldn't plan on buying any AWR merchandise (if such a thing exists) unless they had something really odd or bizarre that would look good on display (which is doubtful. I'd imagine T-shirts (if even) and 8x10 promos are all that'd be available. But as you say above, we're still in doubt about approx. costs of getting stuff signed etc. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

bret should lug over a bunch of copies of his book to sell =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Personally I wouldn't plan on buying any AWR merchandise (if such a thing exists) unless they had something really odd or bizarre that would look good on display (which is doubtful. I'd imagine T-shirts (if even) and 8x10 promos are all that'd be available. But as you say above, we're still in doubt about approx. costs of getting stuff signed etc. :(

Some of the guys charged 5 euro to get stuff signed. (Most of them had shirts (price 20 to 25 euro) Sandman charged 5 euro for pics and I am 99% sure pics with the other guys were free. There is new names on the tour this year so I don't know what they will charge.

Some of the guys charged 5 euro to get stuff signed. (Most of them had shirts (price 20 to 25 euro) Sandman charged 5 euro for pics and I am 99% sure pics with the other guys were free. There is new names on the tour this year so I don't know what they will charge.

Well €5 isn't too bad. I'm thankful the show im going to is near the end, So i'll be able to hear other people's thought on it and so forth after they go to shows.

Woody, you've been of great help about this show, I appreciate your help,

Well €5 isn't too bad. I'm thankful the show im going to is near the end, So i'll be able to hear other people's thought on it and so forth after they go to shows.

Woody, you've been of great help about this show, I appreciate your help,

No probs. The American Wrestling Rampage crew have been good to me. And there last tour was great. It's also great to get to go to a meet and greet before the show (for free)

From Wrestlezone.com
    Thanks to reader Everett for sending in the following:

Last night MCW held their monthly show and I got a couple of news bits for you. This is my first hand report not second hand from someone else. Joey Matthews during an in ring promo said that he was going back to WWE in December along with partner Christian York. Joey said he spoke with John Laurinitis earlier in the day and he was going back as Joey Mercury.

Noooo. I hope he does the October show before going back if this is true ;_;

From Wrestlezone.com

Christain York barely wrestles anymore and Joey broke Johnny Ace's trust a big extent.
    Neither are the type Johnny Ace hires even without the baggage both have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

From Wrestlezone.com

I think this is a case of a fan not getting it. Read this report of the show: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/wrestling/blog/2008/08/an_inside_look_at_kevin_nashs_mcw_appearance.html
    Matthews (formerly known as MNM’s Joey Mercury in WWE) cut a heel promo ripping on Baltimore and declaring that he and York are going to WWE in December. Keep in mind that heels usually don’t tell the truth.

As heard on WWR :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Matthews, according to his shoot, was asked by Ace that if he was slipping up with his drug use, to let him know straight off the bat. Shortly after that, Mercury accidently received a stiff shot by Flair that made his eye swell up like a balloon again. He ended up taking pain pills not prescribed to him and was found in the canteen out of it by Steve Austin, Ace found him about five or ten minutes later, took him back into the office and told him he had to go home.

Matthews basically tried to hide it because he didn't want to look like he was taking the piss. He was also told that the door would be open for him again by Ace, just not anytime soon. It's been over a year, so it wouldn't surprise me if Matthews going back to WWE anytime soon isn't BS.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Found this interesting:
    Wrestlers Bret 'The Hitman' Hart & Chyna will be attending the October 29th Memorabilia event at the NEC in Killarney, Kerry, Ireland. This is your chance to meet these World Championship winners direct from the WWF stables.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-news/bret-hart-update-triple-h-teaming-up-with-the-undertaker-santino-marella-beth-phoenix-more.php

Does anyone know if this is true? Is Chyna on the tour?

This site is known making up crap or not checking the validity of the news they get sent. See the bumped Summerslam thread from yesterday for proof.

If it is true it would make sense as he is in the country and I hope they helped AWR with Bret's airfare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

hmmz i would have thought AWR would have announced her by now if she was on the tour, I hardly think theyd keep her as a surprise guest TBH

Shin

Perhaps her and Bret have the same agent or something, and since he was going to be getting gigs, they thought she'd be able to get some as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Chyna will be around....http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/guests/sporting_memorabilia_guests.html....but I can't imagine what she would contribute to the cards in any capacity.

I doubt she'll have anything to do with the tour at all.

I got this letter in the door today.

CHANGE OF VENUE
    American Wrestling - Rampage Tour 2008
    moving to Unuversity of Limerick ARENA
    With regard to the tickets you have purchased to the American Wrestling Rampage Tour event at University Concert Hall on Friday 24th of Oct. 2008, please be advised that the venue of this event has now changed.

American Wrestling - Rampage Tour 2008 will now take place at UL ARENA on Friday 24th of Oct. at 8pm

The tickets currently held for University Concert Hall will not be valid for UL Arena. Please find enclosed your replacement tickets for UL Arena.

If you haveance. any queries regarding the change of venue please contact the Box Office on 061-331549 for assistance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

http://www.rampageamericanwrestling.co.uk/stars.htm

I am really looking forward to this tour, can't wait for Bret Hart, through source he will be at the dublin show, then off to do a European Tour!!!

Was there any reason this couldn't have been put in the AWR thread? :confused:
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Why is an worker or x worker from Iww promoting a competitors show :confused:

jeffk wrote: »

Sick of bag packing? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I got this letter in the door today.

CHANGE OF VENUE
    American Wrestling - Rampage Tour 2008
    moving to Unuversity of Limerick ARENA
    With regard to the tickets you have purchased to the American Wrestling Rampage Tour event at University Concert Hall on Friday 24th of Oct. 2008, please be advised that the venue of this event has now changed.

American Wrestling - Rampage Tour 2008 will now take place at UL ARENA on Friday 24th of Oct. at 8pm

The tickets currently held for University Concert Hall will not be valid for UL Arena. Please find enclosed your replacement tickets for UL Arena.

If you haveance. any queries regarding the change of venue please contact the Box Office on 061-331549 for assistance

I heard that the UL Arena is being made into a top of the range venue from a friend who is on college down there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sick of bag packing? :pac:

ha nice!!!

Not the same guy dude, might wanna correct yer homework before claiming to get the gold star. ;)

VR!

Not the same guy dude, might wanna correct yer homework before claiming to get the gold star. ;)

VR!

so there is another hynzie that has the same user name on a wrestling board?

so there is another hynzie that has the same user name on a wrestling board?

Entirely possible. We had two Phenom's here at one stage. :)
    VR!

• Advertisement

Entirely possible. We had two Phenom's here at one stage. :)
    VR!

Well IF its true obviously i retract my post

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement