Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Wrestling Rampage Irish Tour With Bret "Hitman" Hart

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm considering bringing the Current version of the IC title to get signed. I know it doesn't have any connection whatsoever to Bret, but i think its the best designed belt WWE have ever had, and i wouldn't mind getting a few signatures on it.

But its a lot of hassle.

Why not buy his book? It's fantastic.

That's what I'll be bringing to get signed I think.

I'd like to get something signed that i can display. I bought a figure of every person who will be appearing that has one (ie: i bought figures of bret, eugene, Scotty, etc.) to get signed, and then i was gonna make a wall display. But there are too many figures to be carrying around. It has the potential to ruin the night out of awkwardness, and i'd be mega pissed if i didn't get someones name on theirs.

What are other people's thoughts on a guy lugging around figures to get signed?

I'd still like to do it but i don't want to look like meganerd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Just bring the figures in a gym bag and you'll be fine the whole purpose of going to a show like this is to meet the wrestlers and bring something home to remember the show. This may be the last time any of us have a chance to meet Bret Hart so to be honest I wouldn't care what people think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok, to sum up the last few pages,

No sandman will not be appearing on the irish part of the tour. If you wanna go see him, buy a plane ticket to france and go to one of the shows there.
    :)
    And while your there get me some chicken. I love french chicken. tastes better than here.

Wow, that was OT... sorry :o

Screw it. I'm not that keen on seeing Sandman (Lousey drunk and all <_<). I hate France witha passion (Bad past experiences).

And KKV, I agree I'd rather a photo than an autograph. Truth be told, I want to try and get a photo with Bret that I can frame and hang on my wall. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I'm considering bringing the Current version of the IC title to get signed. I know it doesn't have any connection whatsoever to Bret, but i think its the best designed belt WWE have ever had, and i wouldn't mind getting a few signatures on it.

I wonder what the story is with getting pictures?

I'd much, much, much rather get a photograph than an autograph.

Ha ha, just like you did with Foley :p

I do agree with the photograph bit, i have my ECW jersey which MUST get signed but id also love a pic with Sabu.

Not really too overly bothered about Bret. It will be an honor though. :)
    RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    Just bring the figures in a gym bag and you'll be fine the whole purpose of going to a show like this is to meet the wrestlers and bring something home to remember the show. This may be the last time any of us have a chance to meet Bret Hart so to be honest I wouldn't care what people think

That settles it, im getting that "Bret screwed Bret" shirt done.
    Hell, who knows when ill get to again! :pac:

Or the classic

"I survived the '97 Survivor Series"

T-shirt :)

Just hope he has a good sense of humor :pac:

Just on the Wrestling Observer interview with Bret, it's pretty dam great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Just on the Wrestling Observer interview with Bret, it's pretty dam great.

And he did mention Ireland within the first minute or two without being asked about it directly :pac:

It is a fantastic interview though. Not the usual sort of stuff you hear in these sort of things with Bret

Anyone got a link?

Anyone got a link?

You've got to be a Wrestling Observer/Figure Four subscriber

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    You've got to be a Wrestling Observer/Figure Four subscriber

Aw nuts to that. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Aw nuts to that. :(

Here here.

It's a good bit less than €2 a week! The newsletter itself is worth more than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 thedrunkleader

Just wondering could anyone clear up exactly where this Narrowmore place is in Kildare, I've never heard of it and I'd imagine it'd be much quieter for getting pictures and that than the Tallaght gig.

It's a good bit less than €2 a week! The newsletter itself is worth more than that!
    Yes but thats 104 quid a year. Think I'll stick with PS :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Any idea what's going on with tickets for the Limerick event? I checked earlier today and it says currently not on sale whatever that means. Surely all tickets can't have sold out, ringside was still available about 2 weeks ago...

Really is debatable weither that is a good option or not.

(which has been done a good few times too.)

But i can see the sense behind going with F4W, but it means your always getting told what is going to happen and all that.

Sometimes i would like to watch and just be suprised, or interested without expecting something.
    I know that someone is going to say "You can pay for a year and not have to read it EVERY week" or something, but hell if i was paying for something i think i would be feeling ripped off if i didnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭AWR_OFFICE

Any idea what's going on with tickets for the Limerick event? I checked earlier today and it says currently not on sale whatever that means. Surely all tickets can't have sold out, ringside was still available about 2 weeks ago...

Please ring the venue for tickets, the show was moved to a bigger venue a few weeks ago which maybe the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

just listened to the bret interview, very very good, alot of the points he made were very valid indeed, and the way he was talking this tour could be the very last wrestling related thing he does, if his aspirations to goto film school are anything to go by, plus the way he signed off by saying he didnt know when hed be talking to meltzer again makes me think more so

glad i got tickets now

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Film school haha 30 years later

EdK wrote: »
    Film school haha 30 years later

I don't get your comment.

Or you could sign up for a month for less than €7.50 and download every single newsletter and audio show on the site :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I was going to bring a Comic Book to this to see if I could get Comic Book Guy to sign it, and maybe even get a photo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Bret Hart had always planned to be involved in film making and attended film school for awhile as far as I remember before concentrating on wrestling which was something he didnt even want to get into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

EdK wrote: »
    Bret Hart had always planned to be involved in film making and attended film school for awhile as far as I remember before concentrating on wrestling which was something he didnt even want to get into

I always took what he said on Wrestling With Shadows with a large pinch of salt. That said, i think he mentioned that in his WWE production too.

I really must get around to finishing that damn book too.

• Advertisement

Sometimes i would like to watch and just be suprised, or interested without expecting something.

You better hop in your DeLorean and crank that sh*t up to 88mph, kid! That era died a long time ago. :)

eamonnq wrote: »
    I was going to bring a Comic Book to this to see if I could get Comic Book Guy to sign it, and maybe even get a photo!

I would mark huge to meet CBG and get something signed. Right, thats it, i'm bringing a Beano to AWR.

:D:D

Well only for a price lads. :p

Hehe, at this rate there might be a bigger line to meet CBG than Bret :pac:

This might be of interest to some people, even if it may end up being different from what happens at AWR: http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/7020/
    -- Bobby Imperato sent us this note on a Bret Hart book signing he attended: I just got in from the Bret Hart booking signing in Boston, MA. It was held at B.U. Bookstore, and had a better crowd than I expected. I'd estimate about 250 people came to see the Hitman sign and take photos for his fans. Upon arriving, a line of over 100 wrapped around the second floor. Hart's autobiography was available for purchase at $25 bucks a pop. If you purchased the book before the signing, a note accompanied it saying you could ask for a photo, he would sign up to three items, but that belts, action figures, and other accessories were NOT recommended. I did not see if this was a problem for some, as I only saw fans with the book, magazines, DVDs, and programs that he would sign. Upon having my book signed, Bret appeared in good spirits wearing a t-shirt of him giving Owen a headlock. He took photos graciously with fans, but was very quiet and brief when answering questions. A few local newspapers were also on hand to cover the signing. Overall, I left pleased with how smooth B.U. ran the signing. I also left thankful for having the best wrestling book there is, was, and ever will be signed by the Excellence of Execution.

• Advertisement

Probably not recommended because they require a different kind of markers to get signed.

Although a lot of rasslers tend to make a big deal out of signing a belt for some reason, and charge a lot for it. I'm just thankful im going to one of the last shows on the tour, so i can hear all about other people's experiences, etc. first.

any recommendations for a marker for him to sign a belt, i have the winged eagle belt for him to sign bit gutted if he didnt sign it, whereas if i had the correct marker for him id be away in a hack

Shin

shinzon wrote: »
    any recommendations for a marker for him to sign a belt, i have the winged eagle belt for him to sign bit gutted if he didnt sign it, whereas if i had the correct marker for him id be away in a hack

Shin

Well that was at a book signing in fairness, so most likely it'd be a different story for a meet and greet signing.

I'm not sure how you sign a belt? Certainly not for the actual design of it anyway, for the leather on it though, you can probably get one of those paint-markers (can't remember what they're called), i know that's what some people used for art on leather jackets so that it didn't wash off. You'll get those in any Easons or art shop.

cheers dude ill track that down, rather have the marker with me then take a chance and them not having one to sign on the day :)

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Best pen for signing a belt is a permanent silver marker I collect UFC Gloves signed and they always sign them on the leather with this type of marker

I just brought the IC down to Art and Hobby. explained that i wanted a marker that would last on the 'leather' of the belt. they picked one out for me. i took it to the foley signing, he signed it, its still there (but it will come off if i try to get it off, obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Absolutely gutted that i won't be able to go to this:(
    I have two golden section row 12 tickets for the show in tallaght.I got them for 122 and I'll sell them to anyone who wants them for 120.Again guys, i'd love to go to this but unfortunately I won't be able to.Any takers?Pm me if you're interested

fatal wrote: »
    Absolutely gutted that i won't be able to go to this:(
    I have two golden section row 12 tickets for the show in tallaght.I got them for 122 and I'll sell them to anyone who wants them for 120.Again guys, i'd love to go to this but unfortunately I won't be able to.Any takers?Pm me if you're interested

Im confused, 12th row?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Im confused, 12th row?

yes!!

To the best of my knowledge, the seating for these events are just 'sit where you like' and i don't remember them being that expensive.. ???

Or am i completely wrong?

• Advertisement

I thought mine were 35 quid for "Sit where you want". That said, mine were for the Dundalk show. I know there was "VIP" style seats for some shows, but they were for front row seats...

EDIT: Checked Ticketmaster. It says the seats are €33.60 (General) - €54.80 (Premium), so it could have been 120 I guess with post and package. But do premium seats really go back 12 rows?

When i was buying (dundalk) tickets. i had a choice of €35 or €45, but €45 were sold out, so... But yeah.. as far as i know, the €45 would be front row guaranteed seats. Other than that im not aware of anything else. I would have went with the €35 seats anyway, as i wouldnt really fancy front row for this kinda show for some reason.

Really KKV? I have zero memory of there being more expensive tickets. I would have got them if there was <_<

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

And he did mention Ireland within the first minute or two without being asked about it directly :pac:

It is a fantastic interview though. Not the usual sort of stuff you hear in these sort of things with Bret

LOL'D at him mentioning the Irish shows in particular due CBG jumping to judgement again. It was fantastic interview and unique too.

It is not 104 quid a year. It is 90.
    shinzon wrote: »
    just listened to the bret interview, very very good, alot of the points he made were very valid indeed, and the way he was talking this tour could be the very last wrestling related thing he does, if his aspirations to goto film school are anything to go by, plus the way he signed off by saying he didnt know when hed be talking to meltzer again makes me think more so

glad i got tickets now

Shin

I thought him thanking Meltzer publicly was classy. If you read his book it is pretty clear is in the process of removing himself from Wrestling. Him saying that the interview is probably the last time he will speak to Dave confirms that. The interview really sold me on seeing him this month.
    ShawnRaven wrote: »
    You better hop in your DeLorean and crank that sh*t up to 88mph, kid! That era died a long time ago. :)

I said the same thing before and people were gravely offended.

Maybe he'll mention the mega irish tour :rolleyes:
    rovert wrote: »
    LOL'D at him mentioning the Irish shows in particular due CBG jumping to judgement again. It was fantastic interview and unique too.

Yes, i did predict it... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JohnG727

I'm new on here I just want to ask a couple of things and would be grateful if somebody could help me. I'm going to the tour in Tallaght and was just wondering about what time to get there. I know it starts at 5.30 but with going to the meet and greet before and with queue's and everything i don't want to get there too late?
    Also, how much money will i need? I've been reading that they charge for photos and autographs and stuff?
    Any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks.

According to AWR_Office (a user here who is obviously involved with the events) the pictures should be in the €10 range, but its entirely up to the wrestler themselves how much they will charge (if they do decide to charge).

Its anyone's guess really. I'd just bring as much as you can, and hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭AWR_OFFICE

Due to a serious neck injury Joey Mercury has had to pull out of the upcoming American Wrestling Rampage Halloween Revenge Tour. Mercury has since announced his retirement from wrestling.
    AWR is happy to announce that Rene Dupree will replace Mercury on all coming dates.

Rene Dupree is the youngest EVER WWE Tag Team Champion as part of La Resistance, He has wrestled and beaten the likes of RVD, John Cena, Kane & many more during his WWE tenure

To clear confusion Rene Dupree will Be with AWR from the 24th of Oct till Nov 12th. He will not be appearing for any other promotion in Ireland between the mentioned dates.

3506ik0.jpg
    Rene Dupree Comes to AWR in October

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

:eek: on both counts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

rovert wrote: »
    :eek: on both counts

Very sad to hear about Mercury..He was brilliant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement