Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test waiting times now down to average of 8.2 weeks

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

The RSA claims are <SNIP>, i applied early April for my test and im not sitting it until the last week of July, 8.2 weeks? joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

debbie72 wrote: »
    there is almost 200,000 on the waiting list
    There are 126,000 on the waiting list for a test.

(There are 430,000 learners out there - what are the other 300,000 doing?)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

I would say alot of people just got the license for ID purposes at some stage and us it for such things when they go abroad etc....I know I did when I was younger for when I was going to the states etc instead of bringing my passport around town....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭pinkmonkey

8.2 weeks average? shortest 8 weeks and 12 weeks the longest?

Utter rubbish.....I have been waiting 14 weeks and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

pinkmonkey wrote: »
    8.2 weeks average? shortest 8 weeks and 12 weeks the longest?

Utter rubbish.....I have been waiting 14 weeks and counting.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

http://www.drivingtest.ie/frameset.html

This is fantastic work! Well done to the RSA for getting their act together- they have now beaten their average 10 week target!

The shortest waiting times are 6 weeks and longest are 12 weeks.

In some places you have to wait 15 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

For me, 8 weeks is far too long anyway.

Let's say you really depend on your car to get to work etc. With the new rules, you bite your tongue and comply. You wait between 1-2 months for your test and you fail on only one issue (a stop sign was present but you acted as if it was a yield sign). Everything else was pretty much perfect. How long does it take to learn about stopping at stop signs? Believe me, you would be ready and willing to take the test again the next week.

Instead, you must wait at least 8 weeks before you even have a possibility of driving again. Anothe 2 months taking public transport.

I believe and I hope, that when they eventually get a control on the number of applicants, that the RSA should be able to deliver tests on demand with minimum waiting period of about 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

My test date has been given as middle of August, I applied in April, so 8 - 12 weeks is a joke....It will be over 5 months wait for me to sit my test, if I fail... another 5 month wait?

Lets not forget, if all of the provisional drivers and those who require to get to work in the morning decided to use our great public transport system it would not cope....people would then be complaining there are too many provisional drivers using public transport...

P.S. I am using public transport while I wait for my test and the evidence is that I am one of the very few, I did not see on L plate on the way either...

Advertisement