Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Speedtest.net results here...

Options
  • 30-05-2008 5:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

277657558.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Show off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

ShaneU wrote: »
    Show off :rolleyes:

Yep that's all he's doing when there's already a thread about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Horrible ping, fail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Just thought i would make a new one since the other one is old. i choose the dublin server thinking it would test better, it recommends a server in Switzerland, weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Just thought i would make a new one since the other one is old. i choose the dublin server thinking it would test better, it recommends a server in Switzerland, weird.

First of all, the old one is not old. It was just started a long time ago, but there are posts in it nearly every day.

No point in creating a new one.

In regards to the suggestion of country/place that comes from MaxMinds GeoIP database. If you are placed in Switzerland, then it's because your ISP has not submitted the correct details to MaxMind. Talk to your ISP about that. This can actually cause you problems with credit-card transactions etc. (some company require, that you come from an irish IP, when you pay with a irish creditcard) and will prevent you from accessing some content on RTE and others, that is intended for Ireland only.

/Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Correction to above post:

HP has registered the IPs you are using in to be in Switzerland. Talk to IT about it, but i doubt they would care.

/Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

cheers, interesting info

Advertisement