Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women priests to face excommunication

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

They seriously need to think about changing their PR advisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

I'm totally in favour of men only clubs be they golf clubs or what ever, just as I have no issue with women only clubs such as gyms. If the local cat club doesn't want dogs so be it.

If the RC decides they don't want women priests and feel compelled to eject those who break their rules so be it, there are plenty of other Christian faiths which will accommodate them.

All well and good, but these people might well think that the RC is the only proper church....blah blah blah...you can't just get away with a "move along, now".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well as he is a Christian I assume he is in favour of "Straight Only" clubs, he is a member of one such club after all ;).
    Your assumption that I'm a Christian is a little of the mark.
    The way I look at it is it’s a private club they are free to put whatever restrictions they want on it, it's not exactly like there's a shortage of Christian sects to choose from. As for the straights, poles only and even no cripples I'd have no objections what so ever provided I’m not asked to fund it.

Tbh it all seems a little artificial, like a meateater going to a vegetarian restaurant and complaining there are getting discriminated at because they can’t get their blue steak.
    Everyone and their mother knows the catholic church is opposed to women priests, you want to be priest then pick a different sect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

iUseVi wrote: »
    All well and good, but these people might well think that the RC is the only proper church....blah blah blah...you can't just get away with a "move along, now".
    Why ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Mena wrote: »
    How are they allowed to remain on this untouchable pedestal we seem to have placed them upon... the mind boggles.
    Ironic, considering that the Catholic Church has had at least one female Pope in it's history.

Anyways, we're on page 3 of the thread by now, so the argument has probably descended into the usual personalised internet-style squabble-fest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Why ?

tbh I don't really give two hoots, but to these people I'm sure the CC means something. They can't just "switch" to another denomination or religion just like that. (Or at least I imagine that they can not, they are all the same level of madness to me, I wouldn't want to play favourites...:p)

Advertisement