Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cleaning tongue

• 30-05-2008 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the best practice for cleaning ones tongue would be. up to now I have been using my toothbrush, but I can't go too far back or I start to retch which can get very frustrating. are there any products specifically designed for tongue cleaning or is the toothbrush the best method?

also I find my tongue might start to bleed with the friction of the bristles, it doesn't bleed bad, only tiny cuts, but still I would rather avoid this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I use my toothbrush and I doesn't cause any bleeding, are you using a firm bristle head? Maybe try one of the toothbrushes with a tongue cleaner on the back? Sorry can't help with the gagging, if I go back too far this happens to me too so I only clean as much of my tongue as I can without wanting to puke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

what type of brush are you using? [soft, med, hard]

Just use a teaspoon to lightly scrape your tongue from the back to the front

and use a good quality anticeptic mouthwash and rinse properly

why do u want it so clean, just do, or do ye have bad breathe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I use a hard-bristled brush. the bristles wear away too quickly with anything softer.

I want it clean because I think I am starting to get bad breath. I like the spoon idea though, I'll give that a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

there is such a thing as a "Tongue Cleaner/Scraper"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I'd say you're probably brushing too hard, try a tooth brush with a tongue cleaner on the back, they're kind of rubbery so it shouldn't cause you to bleed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

The Bollox wrote: »
    I use a hard-bristled brush. the bristles wear away too quickly with anything softer.

I want it clean because I think I am starting to get bad breath. I like the spoon idea though, I'll give that a shot

My husband had awful bad breath, so I got him retardex mouthwash and he uses it every day. Not a whiff off him now. Maybe consider that, instead of making your tongue bleed on a daily basis ;)

Advertisement