Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punctures

Options
  • 30-05-2008 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

So annoying.... :mad:

I had a flat rear tyre when i woke up this morning, but had plenty of time to fix it so wasn't too worried. I got the tube out, patched it, put it back and when i was getting the last section of tyre back into the rim, i caught the tube with the tyre lever and punctured it again...

Does this happen to everyone? Its the most frustrating thing in the world, after the effort of trying to fix it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

You shouldn't use tyre-levers to install a tyre, if at all possible. Most of the time they're not necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

Sadly more than once, you'd think i'd learn from my mistakes. As previously said you should be able to get the tyre back on without levers. If you do have to use a lever, I find partially inflating the tube makes it less likely to get pinched by the lever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

yeah try get the hang of gettin the tire on and off without using the lever, I suprised myself the other week there by doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Morgan wrote: »
    You shouldn't use tyre-levers to install a tyre, if at all possible. Most of the time they're not necessary.
    I had to buy steel tyre levers to get my Conti Sport Contact tyres on and off my previous bike. Plastic levers simply kept breaking.

Conti told me that they make the tyres tight because some (cheaper) rims are small. Unfortunately mine must have been the 'right' size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

My mate had tires that were real tight on the rim and he kept snapping plastic levers, all he had to do was gather the tire up from the bottom to give it a little extra room at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

all you need is to use your 2thumbs the next time and it'll go back in fine

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

In my experience you will not get wire-bead tyres back on a rim without tyre levers. I am careful not to pinch and have never done so getting a tyre back on.

Advertisement