Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Commerce / SAGE query

Options
  • 30-05-2008 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am considering using e-Commerce software for my website.

I was thinking about osCommerce software for the shopping cart etc. and I as I'm quite new to web development, I'm toying between using this software or writing my own shopping cart.

Can anyone offer any opinions on this? Also is it possible to integrate SAGE into a website i.e. use a website to log into my SAGE orders/accounting system?

If it is so could anyone post me any links on how to get started? I apologise for going slightly off-topic but I couldn't find anything useful on the web regarding the SAGE issue.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Chada wrote: »
    I was thinking about osCommerce software for the shopping cart etc. and I as I'm quite new to web development, I'm toying between using this software or writing my own shopping cart.
    If you are quite new to web development why would you take on something as big as a shopping site, with security issues etc?
    Or would you only be looking for the shopping cart bit and not the shop side?

I've recently found osCMax - osCommerce with a significant number of add-ons already included. It includes some of the add-ons that I put in the Wheelworx site.
    I plan to evaluate osCMax and consider it for any future products.

Advertisement