Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to vote?

Options
  • 30-05-2008 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

How do I register to vote? I tried to vote in the last general election but I found out I wasn't registered. Could someone please tell me what it entails?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Yeah, wow, never thought of that one :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Simple steps to registering. Saying that, I registered only 2 months ago and I'm still not on the list.
    1. Go to the voting registers site, downlaod the form, and fill it out
    2. GO to your garda station with ID (and maybe birth cert) and get it stamped
    3. Go to you local council offices and hand in the form. You will be put in on the next supplement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Is it ok to send it in by post?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

It is indeed. I don't know whether you're too late to register for the lisbon referendum at this stage though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

It is too late to register for Lisbon Im afraid. Theres a 14 day limit I believe (will check)before a vote to be put on the supplemental register.Wish I'd known this myself as Im also not registetred. ¬_¬ Although I thought people were supposed to be put on the register automatically? Maybe I'll get one of my older non-voting brothers to use his vote in lieu of me voting. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

lol Cool, thanks for all the responses.

Advertisement