Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Gear Update

Options
  • 30-05-2008 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

It's being dispatched from Portugal today, and should be with me by Tuesday, so not long to go now guys!

I should also point out that I also got a limited number of boards.ie socks made up too, which I willbe giving away in some random form, but that'll come on Tuesday :)

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

A fight to the death for boards socks so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Thanks for the update, I was starting to get worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ooooh, do a "Futurama" type duel with the socks:

Two cyclists, equally stupid, have to cycle through town at high speed while each keeping a firm grip on the end of the sock. The last man holding the sock wins!

Repeat this procedure with another (unharmed) cyclist to get a complete pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Thanks Tiny. Looking forward to seeing the gear.

Only worry now will be, "does my bum look...."

I'll get me coat.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

My snooker ball has been looking for a new sock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

good stuff. looking forward to getting this all soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Tiny - I've seen some posts on this - what's the story? Did you get a 'club' type jersey made up? What's the plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Cadex wrote: »
    Tiny - I've seen some posts on this - what's the story? Did you get a 'club' type jersey made up? What's the plan?

Yup, that's basically it... we designed a jersey, took orders, and the kit is being delivered next week!

There's no plan, apart from getting some nice gear for us. Also, anyone can order anything they want, the only caveat being that there's a minimum quantity of 10. So if you want boards gear, get 9 others and we can get them ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

Did they come yet?
    Did they come yet?

Harpz wrote: »
    Did they come yet?
    Did they come yet?

Not yet as far as I know, but the day's not over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

sweet, i'm dying to see the end product!!!

How about now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

If anyone else asks, I'm going to turn this car around and there will be no jerseys for anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Not yet as far as I know, but the day's not over!

Any ideas yet on how you are going to distribute them ?

Any ideas yet on how you are going to distribute them ?

It depends on exactly when they arrive, but I suspect it'll be a case of me sitting in a pub somewhere with a great bix box of kit waiting for people to come find me -a good way to spend an evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

It depends on exactly when they arrive, but I suspect it'll be a case of me sitting in a pub somewhere with a great bix box of kit waiting for people to come find me -a good way to spend an evening :)

Good idea!

Or maybe cycle the length and breadth of Dublin delivering them ;-)

Pub it is then but i generally try to stay away from them coming up to a race or event!

Upstairs in the Palace please.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

mmmmmm.....ehhhh...mmmm.
    Ok how about now?

I should also point out that the beauty of sitting in the pub means that you can join me for a pint, and even buy me one for being so fab and organiz-y over the whole thing -that way everyone (but especially me!) wins :D

Still no word yet, but bank holiday yesterday could have caused a delay -they were shipped from Portugal on Friday

• Advertisement

what method of shipping do they use? Presumably its by courier and should be traceable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

hi guys
    sorry to invade your thread, but could you tell me how long it has been from the time you finalised your order to shipping date?

thinking of ordering gear from those guys, so just wondering what their productio n time was like.....

boomdocker wrote: »
    hi guys
    sorry to invade your thread, but could you tell me how long it has been from the time you finalised your order to shipping date?

thinking of ordering gear from those guys, so just wondering what their productio n time was like.....

Actual order started being processed on the 1st May, though there was a couple of weeks beforehand getting sorted with the design, and orders. If you have it all squared away before hand, you're looking at about 6 weeks.

Don't think it's a courier that has it, so it's not easily traceable, but the last package they sent came pretty quick, so I'm confidant it'll be here tomorrow or Thurs

-should also point out that they've been a dream to work with thus far, with our varied payment methods and stuff -very approachable, and reply to any queries dead quick

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Tiny, whereabouts were you thinking for the pub? I can only pop in, grab my jersey and leave before you can say heineken if its tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

The George pub? Best place to distribute lycra, so I'm told :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Pint sounds like an excellent way to conclude business.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Any word today ?

Still no sign as yet, but it could be in this afternoon. Don't worry, I'll let you know as soon as I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Still no sign as yet, but it could be in this afternoon. Don't worry, I'll let you know as soon as I do!

We may have to start preparing ourselves for the worst...

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    We may have to start preparing ourselves for the worst...

If they're not in by close of play today, then I would suggest starting to prepare, but I'm fairly (gulp!) confident that they should be here today

Advertisement