Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stair na Gaeilge

Options
  • 30-05-2008 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Anyone got good notes on Stair na Gaeilge, or any predictions??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dip

An Aisling Pholaitiúil seems to come up every second year (06, 04, 02, 00)

In Leeson Street they were tipping
    • An Rúraocht
    • An Fhiannaíocht
    • Ogham
    • Na Canúintí
    • An Ghaeltacht
    • Gaeilge sna Meáin Chumarsáide
    • An Dán Díreach
    to come up.

If you look through the papers and note down what comes up each year, you'll find that there's about 10 or so questions (some from the list above) of which at least 2 are usually asked each year.

If you're planning on learning poets, I'd say just learn the Stair na G of the poets for the prescribed poetry (áine Ní Ghlinn, Máirtín ó Díreáin etc), usually at least 2 of the poets that are asked each year are those who wrote the 13 prescribed poems.

For this year if you had time I'd go with
    • M. O'Direán
    • Caitlín Maude
    • Nuala Ní Dhomhnaill
    • áine Ní Ghlinn
      as they haven't come up in a few years.

Only a prediction though, on the day there's no guarantee they'll come up!
    That said, if you take a look at the patterns, and if you learn about 10 to 15 different SnaG I'd say you'll be fine, there should be at least 2 you can answer!

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Brilliant, thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭starkinter

There's some good enough notes here if you need them:

http://www.teachnet.ie/mhearne/2007/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nikkio237

Would someone just confirm for me that An Rúraíocht and An Fhiannaíocht come up seperately? I'm pretty sure they do, but some site (skoool.ie, possibly?) put them in together, so I'm panicking. It'd be much appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lobsterstag

starkinter wrote: »
    There's some good enough notes here if you need them:

http://www.teachnet.ie/mhearne/2007/index.htm

dave w?????????:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Can someone list the female poets/writers please?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nikkio237

• Máire Bhuí Ní Laoire
    • Máire Mhac an tSaoi
    • Máiréad Ní Ghráda
    • Caitlín Maude
    • Nuala Ní Dhomhnaill
    • Biddy Jenkinson
    • Áine Ní Ghlinn
    • Colette Nic Aodha
    Or so it says in my book. :) Would people be able to tell me the best way to write out the Stair q? Keywords in Bulletpoints, full sentences in bulletpoints, or paragraph answers? How did people get on with it in their pres? (I'd check my own, but I screwed up the q so badly there's no point)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

Ogham is seriously hot tipped..
    But sure you never know.
    The book "Stair na Gaeilge" is out of print so there's no actual book available anymore - backwards i tell you. but sure i wouldnt worry too much about it, it's what, 10% of the paper? ouch actually.. I would learn a random selection and hope for the best. A degree in waffling is a major asset here too.
    best of luck anyway! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

daggy wrote: »
    it's what, 10% of the paper? ouch actually..

It's 5% only!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dip

Nikkio237 wrote: »
    Would people be able to tell me the best way to write out the Stair q? Keywords in Bulletpoints, full sentences in bulletpoints, or paragraph answers? How did people get on with it in their pres? (I'd check my own, but I screwed up the q so badly there's no point)

Bullet points are grand, in my Pres the way they marked it was 3 marks per point, so 3x5=15.
    I'd learn more than five though, have enough to fill about a third of a page,
    Eg. An Ghaeltacht
    • Ciallaíonn 'Gaeltacht' ceantar ar bith ina labhraíonn an chuid is mó de na daoine Gaeilge.
    • Tá timpeall seacht nGaeltacht le fáil timpeall na tíre.
    • Tá breachghaeltachtaí ina measc; áiseanna ina gcliosfear an dá teanga á labhairt le chéile.
    • Is í gaeltacht Thír Chonaill an ceann is mó in éirinn agus í suite i dTuaisceart.
    • Téann níos mó ná fiche míle duine óg go dtí an Ghaeltacht gach bliain chun an Ghaeilge a fhoghlaim.
    • úsáidtear canúintí éagsúla den Ghaeilge ó Ghaeltacht go Gaeltacht.
    Would someone just confirm for me that An Rúraíocht and An Fhiannaíocht come up seperately? I'm pretty sure they do, but some site (skoool.ie, possibly?) put them in together, so I'm panicking. It'd be much appreciated!!
    They come up separately. :D (eg An Fhiannaíocht in 04, then an Rúraíocht in 03)

• Advertisement
Advertisement