Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary School Grinds

Options
  • 30-05-2008 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

I've posted this in the primary school forum as well.

Can anyone tell me if someone does summer maths grinds for a 3rd class level in the North Kildare region and if so what does it cost?

My son is a bright kid but is having a lot of problems doing maths homework. He is having special teaching at school and His teacher is happy with his progress but the homework is a nightmare and he can't seem to do the basics adding subtraction etc. I'm afraid he'll fall further behind in 4th class.

Advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I hope this isn't against the forum rules & sorry if it is!

If you post on educationposts.ie you'll get plenty of offers.
    It's mostly teachers, NQT's or post grad students on their & many of them would be based in your area & I'm sure many of them (especially those only in temp positions) would be very happy to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I don't know of any one who provides such a service.
    But isn't there such a thing provided for special needs children by the dept of Education
    called the July provision ?

As for teaching any subject to promary school level wouldn't most adults who did the leaving cert be able for it ?

I know 3rd class maths was hell with my son, he needed so many concepts broken down for him and just learning of division and multiplcation tables was just not enough for him
    he needed to understand why 3*3=9. It took until the end of this year with him in 4th class for him to get a grips with a lot of the concepts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My brother had maths problems in primary school but he improved hugely when my parents got him a few extra books to work on over the summer. I think they were called Maths Challenge.

Advertisement