Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Council House

• 30-05-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

Hi a friend of mine has just gotten word that she has being given a council house after six years on the waiting list. As you can imagine she is delighted. Is there a grant available for furniture bedding etc? As she is coming from rented accomodation she has really nothing of her own and very little funds to buy any. Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

Your friend may be entitled to an "exceptional needs payment" which is a supplmentary welfare allowance from her local community welfare office.

http://www.welfare.ie/foi/swa_exneeds.html

I know quite a few people who got this payment when they were allocated a council house.The amount varies according to what items are needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Thanks a mill chasm for the reply. I'll let her know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

She will only get a set amount for "white only goods"...Fridge,cooker,kettle etc.....We where lucky enough after 8 years to get a house last year and we applied for this.Everything for the house cost us 12k euro but we only got 250 euro back through this scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

gixerfixer wrote: »
    She will only get a set amount for "white only goods"...Fridge,cooker,kettle etc.....We where lucky enough after 8 years to get a house last year and we applied for this.Everything for the house cost us 12k euro but we only got 250 euro back through this scheme.

Thats a very low payment, anyone i know that got this payment got between E1000- E2700, i received a payment about 4 years ago of E1700. They do give you money for beds, carpet for childs bedroom, dining table and chairs, couch etc. You must have had a lousy CWO!!!
    I actually asked the CWO what i was allowed to claim for, and i found them very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

My friend went to the cwo and she told her she was entitled to €2400 + €300 for each child. So my friend will get a payment of €2700. Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement