Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving up smoking

Options
  • 30-05-2008 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a hypnotist in the Dungarvan area who helps in giving up the cigarettes. I know there are some around the town but have no experience of what they are like. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xashx

i know this isn't the answer your looking for but i just saw the title and thought i'd suggest something... ALLEN CARR, easyway to stop smoking i used the cd (listened in my car going to and from work) but there a book too. :)

i stopped smoking 01st May last year. i was smoking over 20 a day.my dad who works outdoors was smoking 50-60 Rothmans a day and had a bad turn with no choice but to stop or die. He stopped using the book. he had half arsed read it before just like myself but you have to really want to stop for it to work. and it did. he's off them 3 and a half years now. i have cousins and 2 auntys who gave up using Allen Carr too. in my opinion its the only way to stop and stop for good.

the cd is only €10 and the book around €15. alot cheaper than a hipnotist i'm sure! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

I read the Alan Carr book did help but went back on the dreaded weeds after a few wks. I tried just about everything but it never worked for me,till that is i went to SAFE HARBOUR which is out in annestown little bit of a spin but well worth it. IM now off the smokes since 18th oct so lil over 8mths & i pray to god i never go back. Best 200 i ever spent.. good luck with it mate thing is never give up giving up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xashx

well done, best of luck staying off them !

and remember your STOPPING not GIVING UP (its all phychological) :) !!!

Advertisement