Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Resource List

• 30-05-2008 11:48am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Okay, the idea here is that as Graduates we all use different sources to help us on our way to employment of whatever else that may be of use.

There is a Postgraduate forum for those hoping to continue their studies so that discussion is not really relevant here, except perhaps in the context of continued education while working...! Assisted learning and all that jazz!

So, if we list the resources, job sites, useful places online, career guidance, grad programmes etc and put them all into this sticky we should hopefully come up with a useful resource list!!

Starting with the obvious:

www.jobs.ie
    www.gradireland.com
    http://jobsearch.monster.ie/

I think it is worthy to note that when job hunting, if not going the Graduate Programme way to regularly check websites such as these as they get updated on a daily basis.

If anyone has a comprehensive list of Graduate Programmes, BOI / KPMG / PWC / Google etc and the deadline dates etc, include them here. If not, I'll set about making one!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Found this while job searching myself

http://www.telecomjobsireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

Irishjobs.ie has got a Graduate section full of the latest job offers.

Remember, most reputable job sites have a 'Graduate' section nowadays - not always immediately clear, but it's there. You can also enter 'Graduate' as your search word to bring up any graduate jobs.

Also, check out the university and college websites - most have a Careers Section (i.e: NUI Galway) with a Vacancies Database or weekly/fortnightly/monthly newsletter. Google the college name plus 'careers' to find more.

Oaky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gradireland

Hi guys

Just to let you know if you want to meet some of the grad employers face to face we are holding a careers fair next tue in the RDS. Starts at 11 and finishes at 5 and is free entry.

If you register on www.gradireland.com/summerfair you can skip the queue.

Also, just to let you know that most of the University careers services have job boards that are pretty good - especially if you are looking for jobs in regional areas or for jobs in smaller companies that wouldn’t normally be advertised - though most of the jobs also will appear on gradireland.com as well as we are linked to most of the services.

Also just to let you know that we are re-launching gradireland.com in the next couple of weeks. There will be some new features like insider reports (recent grads will be able to write about their experiences), recruiter tips (companies will be able to provide tips on the interview process etc) and there will be a forum there too... and it will look a whole lot better!!

Good luck with your job hunting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gradireland

Hi there

If you are graduating you might be interested in the gradireland Graduate Careers Fair.

gradireland Graduate Careers Fair
    Tuesday 14 October 2008
    Main Hall, RDS, Ballsbridge, Dublin
    11.00 am - 5.00 pm
    FREE ENTRY

Register at www.thegraduatecareersfair.ie

gradireland Graduate Careers Fair will feature 170+ companies, including some of the largest graduate recruiters in Ireland and abroad, several postgraduate providers, small to medium size companies and volunteer organisations.
    A series of talks and seminars will run throughout the day and careers advisers will be at hand for one-to-one careers advice sessions.

gradireland Graduate Careers Fair starts at 11.00 am . Make sure you are there early so you can make the most of all the services available and get to talk to as many companies as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 junemvc

Work experience is difficult to come by for graduates these days as is paid work. Check out gumtree.ie. It is super helpful and there are loads of ads to view and reply to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 the boy hernandez

I've been trawling through jobs sites recently looking for work and have found the best by far to be www.gradpool.ie. Its a new site and seems to have more graduate positions than most of the others and I heard a representative of theirs on Newstalk a few weeks back and he seemed to know his stuff, as well as only being 25 or something. Anyway worth a look...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 websitedesign

I am fresh graduate. I am looking for suitable job.Can you say a few good jobs related websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

i found this fairly useful, i signed up to do a part time post grad course
    http://www.bluebrick.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 carriej

I think www.gradireland.com is brilliant - I also found www.twentysomethinginireland.blogspot.com which i thought was cool. It posts up info on grad programmes and other jobs but also has discounts and stuff for 'Twenty-Somethings'...worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Naresh Babu Vemulapalli

Hi Guys,
    i am graduated in 2011.we know any vacancies in IT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 david_dsouza

Hi Guys,
    i am graduated in 2011.we know any vacancies in IT.
    smiler case with me i have completed my B.Tech> in CSE IN 2011 With 67 % of marks ( First Division ). Is these any response for me anywhere in the world like fulltime, internet, software developer job with training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Not a resource exactly but Dropbox in Dublin are taking people on for their "Associate Program" No minimum experience required, you do need a degree from a "top tier university" which I assume basically means Trinity and UCD. They'll take you on a trip to their HQ in the states as part of it, then you work in the program for a while and then move on to either their User Ops Team (fancy name for their customer support) or their Sales & Account Management Team.

The full details are here: http://www.jobcoconut.com/job/702/Dropbox-Associate-Program-Dublin-0-2-years-of-work-experience-Ireland
    in case anyone's interested.

Advertisement