Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 1-series owners...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

It's funny I've recently been thinking about changing cars and much to my surprise I am interested in buying a BMW. It's not really that I want one because it's a BMW. I guess I like the idea of a car that drives well on the motorways and this might sound stupid, but I like how they look. Well, I seen a 3 series at the dealer and really liked it.

It's just a shame they are so expensive. I don't know how anyone can afford even a decent 2nd hand one without at least a 4 year loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The fact that they're expensive used buys means you'll be laughing all the way to the bank when you want to sell it on. That's always a good reason to buy a car IMO.

It goes without saying that most BMWs will be decreasing in price from July, in many cases by a few grand and in the odd case by around 9 grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

JHMEG wrote: »
    Yes, so you keep saying ad nauseum. It's quicker than the late 80s NSX, but not quicker than NSX that came out 10 or 11 years ago. 135 is also quicker than the 335 and about as quick as the V8 M3. Which makes them all slower than a 1997 NSX-R.

Look, I think we all know that the real question here is...

Is the NSX-R better than the T-800 series?

:D

copacetic, that's interesting! I'm still waiting on my Audi dealer to provide me with an updatred specs list for the 2.0 (140 bhp) TDI A3 sportsback and if the spec has changed significantly then I'll still consider the BMW 1-series...we'll wait and see :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Look, I think we all know that the real question here is...

:D

copacetic, that's interesting! I'm still waiting on my Audi dealer to provide me with an updatred specs list for the 2.0 (140 bhp) TDI A3 sportsback and if the spec has changed significantly then I'll still consider the BMW 1-series...we'll wait and see :)

I think he may be wrong, I understand that the facelift has identical or better spec than current model and the extra price reduction is coming from getting the emissions down below 140. However it's been a long wait for the pricing so who knows at this stage..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Remember that what's going on for Audi in Ireland may not be going on for Audi in the UK....

A3s will be getting aircon as standard for the very first time when they get their facelift.

• Advertisement

E92 wrote: »
    Remember that what's going on for Audi in Ireland may not be going on for Audi in the UK....

A3s will be getting aircon as standard for the very first time when they get their facelift.

forgot Renewal was in uk, i have the basic specs for uk if you need them R.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

copacetic wrote: »
    forgot Renewal was in uk, i have the basic specs for uk if you need them R.

Thanks copacetic, I have the current brochure (Valid from march 08) but according to the dealer, that's changing and the SE trim is coming down a bit...hopefully he is wrong :)

Edit: Just got your PM :) I'll be on to the dealer on Monday!

Thanks copacetic, I have the current brochure (Valid from march 08) but according to the dealer, that's changing and the SE trim is coming down a bit...hopefully he is wrong :)

it is but in price too, pm for you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Why have BMW never had a supercar? The M1 was a super car, but not a supercar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

JHMEG, you've obviously never driven an M5...

Mate of mine, National Championship Tarmac winner a few years ago got "taxied" around the Nurbergring (SP?) recently in a 135i. He got sick as he got out of it.

He still can't describe the experience, and he's driven an F1 car... :eek:

• Advertisement

Oilrig wrote: »
    JHMEG, you've obviously never driven an M5...
    No, I haven't, but the M5 isn't a supercar, it's a very fast family saloon, which would probably be matched by an Evo FQ400, and blown into the weeds by a Nissan GTR or a Lexus LF-A, for example. I don't make the rules, but the closest BMW has come to building a supercar was the M1 which was 30 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

JHMEG wrote: »
    No, I haven't, but the M5 isn't a supercar, it's a very fast family saloon, which would probably be matched by an Evo FQ400, and blown into the weeds by a Nissan GTR or a Lexus LF-A, for example. I don't make the rules, but the closest BMW has come to building a supercar was the M1 which was 30 years ago.

I have driven an m5 and can honestly say its unbelievable. I drive a 335i and the M5 is in a totally different league, handling and power wise. I think people just think its a super fast saloon but you would be wrong, the handling is amazing, the breaks are incredible and the power relentless. FQ400 no chance...turbo lag is too bad, GTR maybe but a LF-A are you joking nobody has even driven this yet...placed 121st at le mans.. Ok maybe its not in the same league as a enzo or a f430 but god damn it is the cheapest supercar you can buy and the ultimate q car. Also the M1 was generally considered poor value and underpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Lads ...may I remind you of the original question (s) ...
    I'm trying to decide if it's worth test-driving the 120D SE 5-door

:D:D:D

FQ400 no chance...turbo lag is too bad, GTR maybe but a LF-A are you joking
    LF-A is the fastest production car on the Ring at 7:24, GTR in 7:29, M5 in 8:13, Evo 8:15.

@peasant, yes sir:o

Advertisement