Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was tempted to put this into religious humour...

Options
  • 30-05-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭

From the RTE website:

Catholics urged to mark world priests' day

Friday, 30 May 2008 11:46
    Catholics throughout the world are being asked to take time off today to pray for their local priests and to offer them support for the work they do.
    Today is officially designated as World Day of Prayer for Priests, and in Ireland there are to be special ceremonies at Knock Shrine in Co Mayo.
    Catholic priests have found themselves at the centre of many scandals and shocking revelations - particularly in relation to child sex abuse - in recent years.
    But the group behind the World Day of Prayer, Quantum Universal, says there is a need for the extraordinary work that priests do to be acknowledged and supported.
    At 3pm today it wants Catholics everywhere to pause and join in silent prayers for the world's 400,000 priests.
    Spokeswoman for the Irish group Marion Mulhall says the work that priests do - sometimes in extremely difficult and dangerous situations - is often overlooked.
    Today she wants Catholics in Ireland to make a special effort to meet and say 'thank you' to local clergy.
    At Knock Shrine a special Mass will be celebrated to offer encouragement and thanks to Ireland's 6,000 priests.
    Watch it live at 3pm on RTÉ.ie/Live

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Malari wrote: »
    From the RTE website:

Catholics urged to mark world priests' day

Friday, 30 May 2008 11:46
    Catholics throughout the world are being asked to take time off today to pray for their local priests and to offer them support for the work they do.
    Today is officially designated as World Day of Prayer for Priests, and in Ireland there are to be special ceremonies at Knock Shrine in Co Mayo.
    Catholic priests have found themselves at the centre of many scandals and shocking revelations - particularly in relation to child sex abuse - in recent years.
    But the group behind the World Day of Prayer, Quantum Universal, says there is a need for the extraordinary work that priests do to be acknowledged and supported.
    At 3pm today it wants Catholics everywhere to pause and join in silent prayers for the world's 400,000 priests.
    Spokeswoman for the Irish group Marion Mulhall says the work that priests do - sometimes in extremely difficult and dangerous situations - is often overlooked.
    Today she wants Catholics in Ireland to make a special effort to meet and say 'thank you' to local clergy.
    At Knock Shrine a special Mass will be celebrated to offer encouragement and thanks to Ireland's 6,000 priests.
    Watch it live at 3pm on RTÉ.ie/Live

Those that spend their lives helping others should be thanked tbh. Whether they do so in the name of god or not, not so important to me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

SDooM wrote: »
    Those that spend their lives helping others should be thanked tbh. Whether they do so in the name of god or not, not so important to me tbh.

It was the humour derived from the live streaming I was talking about!

And thanked, yes...but I've only met one priest who deserved to be thanked for anything. The one who has helped me leave the catholic church.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

SDooM wrote: »

They provide a service of sorts so on the same vein we should thank our builders who through market uncertainty, rising material costs and smothering regulations still continue to work hard and manage to provide us with housing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Malari wrote: »
    It was the humour derived from the live streaming I was talking about!

And thanked, yes...but I've only met one priest who deserved to be thanked for anything. The one who has helped me leave the catholic church.

Sorry, missed your point. Bad SDooM!

Advertisement