Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 Things NOT to say to a DJ [AND WHY!]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

You can say whatever you want to a dj as they are only jumped up gimps playing music.

Thanks for that intelligent, constructive comment. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

You can say whatever you want to a dj as they are only jumped up gimps playing music.

And you're the jumped up gimp who dances to it I bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Thanks for that intelligent, constructive comment.
    Dont mention it you sarcastic spa.
    Wow. Man likes to dance to music shocker. You have me there.

So...man likes to dance to music, but doesn't like the people playing it? Sounds a bit odd no?

DarkJager wrote: »
    So...man likes to dance to music, but doesn't like the people playing it? Sounds a bit odd no?
    What is odd about it. Where is the logical step that says you have to like the person that plays it? I like the person that made the music.

There's also a logical step that says you shouldn't form opinions about people you don't even know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Spa?? I lol'd. Thanks

DarkJager wrote: »
    There's also a logical step that says you shouldn't form opinions about people you don't even know...
    That makes no sense. What people? Who is forming an opinion?

This is an opinion from the looks of it. I take it you've personally met every DJ in the world and can safely call them all gimps?

• Advertisement

I have actually. I've written a book about my travels and the characters I've met which has been a moderate success.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

I suppose you know a lot of DJs personally then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

I suppose you know a lot of DJs personally then.

Don't feed the troll

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thumpybum

I have actually. I've written a book about my travels and the characters I've met which has been a moderate success.

Just reading this and you may be able to answer it for me seeing as youve met so many people from so many backgrounds, I thinking Ive only ever met 2 writers, and 1 of them was the biggest unmitigated gimp Ive ever met in my life. Now can you tell me does that mean 50% of writers are gimps? Or even are they all gimps and the one guy I met who wasnt one, the exception.

Quote:
    Thanks for that intelligent, constructive comment.

Quote:

Oh hello Mr Kettle, have you met Mr pot, he's having ever so nice a day.

I repeat don't feed the troll, he's trolling on the after dark board as well-just ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thumpybum

I repeat don't feed the troll, he's trolling on the after dark board as well-just ignore
    figgered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

francois wrote: »

Spot on there

Francois? Is this the rubbish techno dj francois that used to play 5-10 years back?

You're arguments don't hold up to scrutiny. Unless you've met every single member of a certain profession you have to reserve judgement?
    I've met enough djs to be allowed an opinion.
    I don't post on the after dark board so that wasn't me.

Francois? Is this the rubbish techno dj francois that used to play 5-10 years back?

You're arguments don't hold up to scrutiny. Unless you've met every single member of a certain profession you have to reserve judgement?
    I've met enough djs to be allowed an opinion.
    I don't post on the after dark board so that wasn't me.

Definition of an Internet Troll:
    An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

I know what a troll is Francy. I was showing you what proper trolling is so you can contrast it against my original sensible postings.

I know what a troll is Francy. I was showing you what proper trolling is so you can contrast it against my original sensible postings.

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Advertisement

Why do you keep replying then? Would you not just follow your own advice and shut up. You just can't resist having a word though.

Why do you keep replying then? Would you not just follow your own advice and shut up. You just can't resist having a word though.

Just piss off if you have nothing positive to contribute here you wanker.
    Sneaky edit I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Climate Expert banned from Dance/Electronic for personal abuse and trolling.

Everyone else - As francois said, dont feed the trolls. Click on the report post button (thank you MYOB) and I'll follow up on it

hah...funny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Luke! Broughan

as regards 10 things not to say to a DJ,out of those ten,two weeks ago,i think i had about 6 of those items said to me.

i was DJing in a bar in Bray,and it all started off pretty slow,i was playing **** that was real slow and mellow....basically music you could "make out" to.then all of a sudden at around 12.30 am the place started to get "jammers" and all the stereotypical college heads arrived into the bar area where i was DJing.

so i just said to myself "f**k this" and started lashing on daft punk,justice,too amny DJ's,the prodigy,all sorts of stuff like that.girls were up dancin',the lads started dancin too,everyone was locked and having a whale of a time.

at one point i had Run dmc versus jason nevins playing(over played floorfiller,sorry,just in case any veterans are reading this) and was just about to mix blue monday(by new order) into it......when this muscle bound,hells angels look alike walks up to me and says "have you got anything GOOD?? and i go "what?",like "what" and he starts naming loads of these random as f**k death metal bands to me(bands i have actually heard of,because i used to be in art class,hangin with lads who were into metal and EBM and all that stuff and stuff,you's know the score if you ever did art!! he he),but obviously i had NONE of the music he requested,as i just dont dig that kinda music for live dj sets.(metal and ebm is sooooo good,but i really dont play it when djing)

so he f**ks off,and goes outside to the beer garden and appears with an IPOD shuffle in his hand 15 mins later,i wasnt pleased to see him,as i knew exactly what was gonna happen next :( so he ended up asking me to play the IPOD shuffle,some random track by Darkane(is that how its spellt?)......i declined,i simply couldnt do it! i asked him does the IPOD shuffle have pitch control(which it obviously doesnt) on it....i went on to explain to him the importance of pitch control on the likes of the technics and the cdjs,WHY its there,WHAt it DOES etc etc.soon he got the point,i explained to him that,realistically,using an IPOD shuffle for DJing is a BAD idea.its just aint gonna work out.

i gave him a bit of a verbal warning,and that was it.i just felt like a smart alec after it,i was such an ass wipe,but at least he learned that certain hardware simply aint goin' to wont work with Dj's,and his selection of music just wasnt gonna fit in with night.(im sure he has impeccable taste in music,maybe even better than mine!)....

anyways,everyone was up dancing away because they all finished college and the LC,and i wanted them to have a good time(and they did!) and that dude just hadnt a clue.fair play to him though,he's got confidence,buckets of it.

i dunno,thats my two cents.

feel free to quote my spelling mistakes and minor grammer inconsistancies.I did awful in LC higher level english,but at least when i got my results i let the DJ get the f**k on with his job.no i pods no nothin'

peace.

Advertisement