Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice nightclub in Limerick open!

Options
  • 30-05-2008 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

has anyone heard about this or been to it? read on the limerick post that its a new club on mallow st! friday nights 80's nights etc..just curious!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It had been advertised for the last few weeks in the Limerick Post. Number 1 Mallow street, which of course is part of the Bank bar.

Have no idea what it is like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I think it upstairs in the bank, so it's not going to be much cop then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i would be very curious is ANYONE going..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It used to be called Rogue Traders. That place is pretty small and the crowd in there made Teds look young. :D

I heard the new place was fairly empty on it's opening night and hasn't changed much since. Haven't been in there to see for myself though but I don't plan to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

remember going to the opening nite of the second last incarnation, and getting plyed with jugs of free cocktails, came back the next week, empty, havent been there since, except once for an art college party my gf was going to..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

bazz26 wrote: »
    It used to be called Rogue Traders. That place is pretty small and the crowd in there made Teds look young.

lol

I went there once and left quickly:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I can see the Bank closing eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bboyblast

Its a complete ****hole. Its like a restaurant with a dj.. The first night they had some really hot dancers but they were not there the following week. I would stay away would not reccomend to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

In all fairness, though, ANY level of choice is a good idea - there just aren't a lot of options in Limerick for a city of its size, are there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

The problem with this place is that it's too far out to be popular, if it was further down o'connell street i could see it making an impact into the club scene but I personally couldn't be arsed walking that far from the main pubs, for a small club, when i have 3 half way decent sized clubs within a 3 block radius.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Jaysus, it's not that far up O'Connell Street. :) Just hop on your beer scooter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I dunno if it's oo far from anything, after all Dolans is further away and it does great business, Costello's is near it and it does great at the weekends, as does Wicked Chicken.

It's just not a place any crowd really has claimed, so it just drifts along.

Advertisement