Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could a Vampire derive sustenance from Zombie blood?

• 30-05-2008 1:47pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There's one for you.

Would it be too toxic for a Vampire?

Could a Vampire become like a plague carrier, carrying the zombie disease, and spreading it to all humans they bite?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Blood of a dead person can seriously hurt or kill a vamps so I'd say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

6th wrote: »
    Blood of a dead person can seriously hurt or kill a vamps so I'd say no.

QFT.

Coaguilated Blood, (I think thats what its called) (i.e. Dead Blood is Very bad for Vampires.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

QFT.

Coaguilated Blood, (I think thats what its called) (i.e. Dead Blood is Very bad for Vampires.

And if a Zombie bit a Vampire, would he carry the infection?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I would assume his natural immunity would prevent him from carrying the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

It would be like us eating rotten food.
    I think a zombie would be like an apple thats turned black, they wouldn't even consider touching it never mind eating it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

I would say they could carry it on their fangs like a mosquito with malaria.
    Even more dangerous would be a Werewolf which had zombie blood on its claws. Imagine a super agile, super strong and humanly smart zombie. Now thats scary.

As for wether they can get nourishment from a zombie just ask Nerin

animan wrote: »
    I would say they could carry it on their fangs like a mosquito with malaria.
    Even more dangerous would be a Werewolf which had zombie blood on its claws. Imagine a super agile, super strong and humanly smart zombie. Now thats scary.

Plus he could lick his own balls. Now thats impressive.

You know what they say " if we could do it we'd never leave the house"

Kiith wrote: »
    I would assume his natural immunity would prevent him from carrying the virus.

I wouldn't say Vampires are naturally immune in the way say Werewolves are. More that the decay of their flesh is staved off by the parasitically consumed life force of living beings, such as humans, and small puppies.

SDooM wrote: »
    I wouldn't say Vampires are naturally immune in the way say Werewolves are. More that the decay of their flesh is staved off by the parasitical life force of living beings, such as humans, and small puppies.

Hey I'm partial to small puppies myself but I'm still getting older. Why doesn't it work for me.

• Advertisement

animan wrote: »
    Hey I'm partial to small puppies myself but I'm still getting old. Why doesn't it work for me.

You're not doing it right. I shudder to think what you ARE doing to the poor things :)

SDooM wrote: »
    You're not doing it right. I shudder to think what you ARE doing to the poor things :)

Deep fried why what way am I meant to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Vampires are already dead so why would it be bad for them, i mean what would happen to them? they get infected and turned into a Zombie? no sirey Vampires have dead blood too and don't breathe so they wouldn't get infecteed by any gases. the blood won't do anything because Vampires are immune to diseses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

it'd be grand, it'd just taste gank i'd say

Vamps are dead

They dont have an actual immunity, as opposed to the lack of ability to get infected

A zombie wouldnt go for a vampire in the first place because vampires are already dead, a vamp wouldnt go for a zombie because its got more sense. Maybe if a vamp was desperate and wanted to get a body a zombie was going for there would be contact but the vamp would kill the zombie easily. The zombie wouldnt fight a vamp for a body cos it only goes for bodies and wouldnt think far ahead enough to see the vamp as an obstacle, itd just run for the live meat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

if the vampire bit the zombie and because the zombie would survive would that mean the zombie is now also a vampire. it would be like the the lads in i am legend. so problem solved turn the zombies into vam,pires and let them roast when the sun comes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Annatar

Hmmmmm i was just thinking Lestat and Interview with a vampire.
    He kills a rat and drains it into a glass, then drinks it... surely this is a no no? Blood from the dead etc
    Or is it just coagulated blood, In which case why does he say not to drain a person completely, lest they drag ya down with them?

Strange!

Or is it okay to drink the blood of a dead animal AFTER its died but BEFORE its coagulated??

In which case it might be okay to drain a newbie-zombie.

The question then becomes, does a vampire have an immunity against the Z-virus?

I say yes, because the virus first kils then reanimates the dead. A vampire is not of the living....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I believe vampires can drink blood shortly after the prey item has died. However once the blood starts to coagulate it is a big no no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The Werewolf

Hi gang. I think it is misleading to say that Vampires are 'dead'. Professor Abraham Van Helsing explains, rather well in Bram Stoker's Dracula, (the book, not the movie) that it is a dual existence where by day a person is dead and by night they become neither living nor dead but fixed between in some kind of semi sentient being with an insatiable desire to feast on the blood of the living, and to create an ever widening circle of un-dead as the ripples of the water.

As to a showdown between a vamp and a zombie? I would imagine that they would never really meet in their rounds because Zombies(by my reckoning) eat the flesh of either living or dead whereas Vampires do not touch the dead. Zombie vs Werewolf? I couldn't even hazard a guess at that one. Think the Werewolf would be more agile and stronger but the Zombie would have his own set of weapons like the Z-virus and so on.

Anyhow I hope my 'two cents' adds a little bit to the discussion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Scenario b: werewolf in human state is infected, would it become a zombie and then turn into a zombie werewolf under the full moon?
    In fact would it not be possible for a person to be bitten by a vampire or werewolf and then attacked by zombies before they are fully turned, what would the outcome be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,080 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Slightly OT.but seeing that a werewolf is half man part wolf, and wolf cubs if caught young are tameable like dogs.Could you catch a young werewolf and train it to be domesticated?Be handy,a werewolf that fetches thrown sticks?brings you your slippers etc. Be a great gaurd dog?wolf?werewolf?House training might be intresting though?:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

*dreads trying to bring werewolf guard-dog to the vet to be neutered*
    Worse-still would you dare threaten it with a newspaper if it starts humping your leg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Slightly OT.but seeing that a werewolf is half man part wolf, and wolf cubs if caught young are tameable like dogs.Could you catch a young werewolf and train it to be domesticated?Be handy,a werewolf that fetches thrown sticks?brings you your slippers etc. Be a great gaurd dog?wolf?werewolf?House training might be intresting though?:eek:

Grizzly i hate locking horns like this but will you only have guard dogs like only 2 days of the month? i think
    you will have to live with the claymores and drone guns the rest of the month

Advertisement