Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this LIDL lawnmower worth buying?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

bought one last year does the job no problems with it

• Registered Users Posts: 40 summer

Anyone buy the Lawnmower in Lidl last Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 30,228 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

i didn't :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

That was very funny.
    You are a comedian, I did actually laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moved to Gardening.

Not a BA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

jazoo wrote: »
    bought one last year does the job no problems with it

Thanks for the reply. Got one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭hairymolly

I went to lidl near me yeaterday, none left. Does anyone know if lidl will sell these again/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

My Dad got one a couple of months ago and I got one on Saturday. They are great imo.

They will probably come up again soon for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 legin2

I bought petrol one last march, lasted until april this year.
    Coupling attaching blade to motor sheared when cutting grass, it ended up bending the crankshaft and lawnmower was ruined.
    Lidl directed me to manufacturer (Gese) They claimed parts were not under warranty and were charging 120 euro to repair! Not worth it seeing that I bought it for 279 last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭hairymolly

legin2, was it a Briggs and Stratton? I read they were the best to buy!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 legin2

Yes it was a briggs & Stratton. It was the failure of the coupling which led to the knock on effect damage caused to the crankshaft bending. The coupling was the weak link, if it had not sheared the cutting blades would not have stuck in the ground which caused the sudden stop to do the damage.
    Just be wary of this flaw! Can't understand how it sheared because I had been cutting the same piece of lawn for a year and never struck anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

the neighbour bought one last year and didn't get one season out of it something about the gears:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I bought a similar lawnmower from Aldi about 5 years ago, Briggs and Stratton engine, got it serviced last year and still going strong.

Bought one a couple of months ago, goes well, one acre of grass so I resharpen the blades after each cut (found a few stones first time:().

Advertisement