Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things i couldnt love more about this game

• 30-05-2008 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

-i walked out of Elizabeta's house and heard a gangster say "dawg, im so sick of having to smoke outside". Rockstar actually incorporated the smoking ban into the game :D since that, ive heard it about ten times on the streets.
    -not so much about the game, but as how some froobs keep posting say that handling is too hard. Tap A instead of holding it down!
    -how niko's english is spot on, and he actually has class, unlike in games like saints row where when you leave the character he does a ridiculous gangsta stance ¬_¬
    -theres no gangs, i dunno why i love it, but i do.
    -motorbikes! why do they taunt us by taking them on and off?!
    -Helicopters are easy to fly, they were impossible in san andreas
    -you can spawn a heli and youll be able to fly out even though the blades will be sticking into the buildings either side
    -if you get 4+ stars the cops always seem to send the slowest helicopter drivers, i love circling round the empire state building whilst the police heli just spazzes around it
    -how you can actually decline things now, in san andreas if your girlfriend called you, you had to go out with her. Now you can just turn her down :D
    -how niko only rarely shouts things when people hit his car

And i dont like..
    -how you get up as if youve got a tonne weight on your nads
    -how you always hit your face off the floor when you jump out of vehicles
    -how theres only a few actually decent cars in the game.

Feel free to add stuff :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

that if you get a car and do a donut eventually your tires will shred to pieces and fall off, great little detail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Taxis!
    They really take the frustration out of replaying some missions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If you tap the cover button as you run towards a wall/car/bin etc Niko slides along the ground to reach the cover, was so cool the first time I saw it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The GPS voice saying "Bing Bong" when a turn came up.

Throwing a helicopter pilot out of his chopper and then scooping him up with the blades and flinging him across the bay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

The fact it feels like the city lives and breathes with or without your interaction.

I was at a hotdog stand, and a guy was just running around with a knife. I saw a cop pull a gun on him, order him to drop the knife (which he did), then a cop car pulled up, the guy was hauled into the backseat followed by the arresting cop, and then they were taken of to the police station.

I've been parked up, and I see some one rear end a car stopped at traffic lights as a result of rubber necking!!!

Its these type of things that make you believe this stuff is happening all over the city, whether your there or not.

• Advertisement

that i was repsonsible for having an old woman murdered by the cops for throwing soda cans at her until she punched me in front of a passing by cop and he chased and gunned her down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

krudler wrote: »
    that i was repsonsible for having an old woman murdered by the cops for throwing soda cans at her until she punched me in front of a passing by cop and he chased and gunned her down

:eek::eek:Jeez, and my maniac knife guy only got arrested!!!!
    That cop that shot here must have been a real hard-ass!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah getting people arrested is good craic. It'd be even better if the person then started arguing with the cops... "He started it!"

It's also a good way of getting rid of cops standing next to somewhere you need to do something illegal in. Go round the corner, punch somebody, have them chase you and then let them punch you in front of the cop. Cop arrests them, squad car turns up, and they all drive off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

- Loving the car handling - especially the super cars.
    - The damage to the cars is amazing as well, the bullet holes are brilliant!
    - It's cool the way the news does stories on the missions you've just passed, genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 IncredibleBulk

If you destroy police cars without killing the cops and try to drive off, the cops will commandeer civilian cars to chase you.

• Advertisement

cops use your name when shouting at you to pull over on higher wanted levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Being thrown through the windscreens for the first time or that heart inside the Statue of Liberty. And the strippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

silvine wrote: »
    Being thrown through the windscreens for the first time or that heart inside the Statue of Liberty. And the strippers.
    Similarly I love ramming in to cars head-on and making them fly through their windscreen.

Advertisement