Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why no thanks in After Hours?

Options
  • 30-05-2008 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before, but how come After Hours doesn't allow people to thank other people's threads? Every other forum seems to, except after hours.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Too true. There was so many people I wanted to thank in the "even christy has a bird" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

The thank you system on Bargain alerts is good, and on the games forums(for cheats, etc.). It's not really designed for laid back forums like after hours, but I suppose it's on all other forums, so why not AH....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Certain users were getting...errrr ahhhh...over excited when it was enabled in After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ruu wrote: »
    Certain users were getting...errrr ahhhh...over excited when it was enabled in After Hours.
    Compare repair stores have never had to fix so many sticky keyboards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

I think it'd be handy to have.

Plus it's so much better when you're reading than having the loads of "+1" or " :D " that some people use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Dinter wrote: »

Plus it's so much better when you're reading than having the loads of "+1" or " :D " that some people use.

It would be alot better than the +1 and its limited to 10 a day so I really dot see what the problem is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Dinter wrote: »

+1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

+ 1:D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

/facepalm

how many is that now?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Blisterman wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but how come After Hours doesn't allow people to thank other people's threads? Every other forum seems to, except after hours.

Come on Blisterman. A mod should know better than start a new thread rather than bumping one of the 1,000,000 threads already in feedback about this subject :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

A quick search revealed nothing on the subject, but I am open to being corrected.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I just tried it as well and got nothing.

Searched "thanks" in FB, no results at all.:confused:

The similar threads feature seems to be broken as well - nothing showing.

I smell a tubing.:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It should be there, and isn't 10 a day a bit much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

would be nice to have in AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

MooseJam wrote: »
    would be nice to have in AH
    1128568437002335459.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Not at all!

Outside of some of the posters here today, I'd like to thank my Mom, and my Dad, and everyone who knows me!!

/fixes prom crown

Things get a bit heated in AH at times tbh, the added thanks 'inches' at the end of all the posts would probably add an extra B]exaggerate[/B 5 pages like..B]/exaggerate[/B

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I only ever ran out once, I don't think it should be reduced though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Abigayle wrote: »
    Not at all!

Outside of some of the posters here today, I'd like to thank my Mom, and my Dad, and everyone who knows me!!

/fixes prom crown

Oh no it's another Halle Berry. Cue the music. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

.. id say its for the same reason pics are disabled.

Advertisement