Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of cool Non-Alcoholic drinks you could have at parties.

• 30-05-2008 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

Ya know, when you're out at a nite out or a party and you don't always just wanna order coke or redbull at the bar cuz you don't drink.
    So what other non-alcoholic drinks can you order at the bar which both taste good and are cool and classy?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Probably not "cool" but I always get Lucozade in a pub - bottle is bigger than Coke so better value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Grenadine and sparkling water. Very sweet, but I love it! That, or a Cerise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Feeonaw

If they had freshly squeezed juice that's what I'd be getting :) apple, pear, grape, carrot & ginger. Ya just can't beat it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

I'm sorry, mate but I don't think there are any "cool" non alcoholic drinks! I'd just go for the one that tastes nicest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Try J2O if the place has it, my fave is the orange and cranberry juice, its very nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

ginger ale is nice and doesn't look out of place if thats what you're worried about.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Don't drink Diet drinks. They're really bad for your health (much worse than sugar). They're horrible anyway.

Remember: sugarfree = full of artificial sweeteners

This goes for all products, not just drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Kind of expensive but i sometimes get a redbull+7up.

Try it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Feeonaw wrote: »
    Don't drink Diet drinks. They're really bad for your health (much worse than sugar). They're horrible anyway.

EXACTLY!!! People don't believe me when I tell them this!

Bars vary their drinks but I've seen them with reasonably nice blackcurrant and pineapple juices. Mmmm... although the drinks in pubs are often €4 or something ridiculous for something like 250ml or less. Just ask at the bar.
    ginger ale is nice and doesn't look out of place if thats what you're worried about.

That's actually a nice enough drink - I've never even though of asking for this (even though I tend to stay away from bars so I don't find out).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i always go with a cidona on a pint glass with loads of ice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Inevitably

Sorry but don't you think people know this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Some pubs have those dispensing “guns” that can serve soft drinks. If they have one ask for a pint of soda water and lime. Hopefully it’d be free but even so it shouldn’t be more than €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Water.

Inevitably wrote: »
    Sorry but don't you think people know this?

No - I don't think a lot of people know this. You'd be surprised how many people I've said it to that had no clue! :) It's everywhere - I found saccharin (an articficial sweetener) in a can of Heinz baked beans the other day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

No - I don't think a lot of people know this. You'd be surprised how many people I've said it to that had no clue! :) It's everywhere - I found saccharin (an articficial sweetener) in a can of Heinz baked beans the other day!

People don't know this. In fact I've only come across a few that do. Aspartame and saccharin are everywhere - drinks, sauces, sweets - even some crisps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

I think soda water dash of lime... 7up, cranberry juice.., though id say my drink is sparkling water...... with loads of ice nd a slice of lemon or lime!!!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

its a load of fanny!

basically, you can pick a drink that is part of a cocktail, without the alcohol

Red Bull, 7UP, fanta, lucozade, mi-wadi

I usually start off with a pint of Lucozade. anything more than 2 glasses gives ye way too much gas!

too much juice gives you the sh;ts

and the always use wayyy to much miwadi so it dries the back of ur throat

I mostly go to clubs anyway, so just have one or 2 drinks then dance for the rest of the night

Advertisement