Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Broadband Service??

Options
  • 30-05-2008 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

Hai, I am looking for a broadband service in Laois [Portlaoise] area. I will mainly be using the service for playing online games such as Day of Defeat and downloading....pictures of Hilary Duff. So whatever service I get, it would have to have a very large or unlimited download capacity.

Eircom do a seemingly good deal. For 29.99 euro, you get a 2MB service and a 20 GB download and unlimited upload. Is anyone else on this service and would you recommend it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

hello
    im on the eircom 2mb package and am also a huge gamer, kilkenny area. But tbh im not satified with my ping times. 50 ms to germany around 40 to the netherlands, and 30 ms to the uk. I no of others on the 2mb package with much lower pings than me so its hard to judge. For stability and less problems in the future you should go with eircom rather than say, BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Digiweb are in town as well I believe.

Magnet/Smart are great if you can get them.

Advertisement