Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance

Options
  • 30-05-2008 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Lads can ye tell me who you're insured with?
    Which is best ?
    Prices ?
    Any info would be great.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I'm with NARGC and Countryside Alliance

I'd say NARGC are pretty good especially with hunting as most farmers know about it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Countryside Alliance here. Think it was €65 for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

NARGC around €60

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Countryside Alliance via WTSC, €45 for the year. Our under-17s cost €25. All that's rolled into the membership fee though (which was €130).
    I wouldn't ask who's "better" though, it's like asking how long's a piece of string, especially when insurance is included in membership like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

Countryside Alliance through club membership, £100stg this year, insurance part of that...Coillte accept it for stalking aswell, happy days...:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

boc121 wrote: »
    Lads can ye tell me who you're insured with?
    Which is best ?
    Prices ?
    Any info would be great.
    Cheers.

if your planning to hunt abroad the CA is best some estate s here will not let ya hunt or shoot with the nargc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

NARGC is going up 4€ this year, last year gunclub membership and insurance €64.
    I am a member of two other gun clubs as well and only had to pay membership which ranged from €20 to 85€

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

An individual can be insured with Countryside Alliance but you need to be a member of a Gun Club to avail of NARGC insurance.

If you're not a member of a club I'd go with CA, but if you are a club member I'd go with whatever insurance cover the club offers - usually included in renewal fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

you might be covered 'free' under your house insurance, under the Personal or Family liability section. No harm in checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I have Countryside Alliance and IPSA insurance.

I did the CAI through the Club
    The IPSA insurance is included in the annual sub.

B'Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

NARGC myself. I'll have to check the brochure but as far as I know you're covered all over the EU by the fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Cheers lads, thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What exactly does it cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

NARGC for me and as far as i know meathstevie is correct it covers all of the EU.

CA for me. I think the IFA also do gun insurance if you are with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

As for what is covered through the NARGC compensation fund. All sorts of sporting mishaps ( also dog related ) with a third party liability implication and a limited personal injuries cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Invincible

NARGC offers better value for money,50 euro w/o club membership entitles you to 350 euro per week while out of work due to accident,2000 euro medical expenses,100,000 death benefit apart from dog cover,gun cover and in the unfortunate event of an accident,a greater compensation reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The NARGC and CAI have had a fairly unpleasant spat in the past two years or so over whose insurance cover is "better". Thing is, "better" is highly dependant on who you are and what you need the cover for. So lets not go there...

I think you'll find it was NARGC and FAI

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

I think you'll find it was NARGC and FAI

are you sure bunny:D

• Advertisement

patbundy wrote: »
    are you sure bunny:D

Ooooops, meant IFA :(

Thanks Pat ;)

Advertisement