Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Your Live Tag

• 30-05-2008 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Just having a problem finding where it actually is on the Dashboard.:o
    What do you go into to change it?

It's probably blatantly sticking out at me but I just can't find it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Finally found it:D

It's in edit profile. Was looking through account information. Rip off though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Tis a total rip off indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I dont see why they have to charge so much....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I dont see why they have to charge so much....

Beacuse changing your mind is a sign of weakness.... you must be punished to the tune of, say, 800 points! yeah, that's perfectly reasonable.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Beacuse changing your mind is a sign of weakness.... you must be punished to the tune of, say, 800 points! yeah, that's perfectly reasonable.... :rolleyes:

Well what really annoyed me was that I had 790 points. How unlucky is that? Had to give them another 6 quid.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You gotta pay to change your xbox name? Thats pritty bad :(

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

funny thing is there is away you can change it for free.

although im not 100% if it works or not but i hear it does.

just get friends on xbox live to complain about your gamertag and xbox will ask you to change it or something along those lines.

going to google it myself now but i say 800 points is crap and fair at the same time.

crap: cause it doesnt really effect microsoft and people can get bored easily and want to change the gamertag sometimes to refreshin or something.

fair: because if it where free i would say people would do it all the time.

i would say 50 points would be better as you cant even buy 50 points are there own so microsoft would still really make the same amount of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Thor wrote: »
    funny thing is there is away you can change it for free.

although im not 100% if it works or not but i hear it does.

just get friends on xbox live to complain about your gamertag and xbox will ask you to change it or something along those lines.

going to google it myself now but i say 800 points is crap and fair at the same time.

crap: cause it doesnt really effect microsoft and people can get bored easily and want to change the gamertag sometimes to refreshin or something.

fair: because if it where free i would say people would do it all the time.

i would say 50 points would be better as you cant even buy 50 points are there own so microsoft would still really make the same amount of money.

I've heard of that way also. Some guy on my friends list sent everyone a message asking them to file a complaint on his gamertag just so M$ would make him change it so he wouldn't have to pay.

I do think they should lower the amount of M$ points to something around the 50-100 range as 800 is an awful lot. Bill makes enough money as it is. Greedy pig! :pac:

Advertisement