Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do I see in the Cats Laughs Festival!

• 30-05-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Colin Murphy Arj Barker Lucy Porter Barry Murphy

OR

PJ Gallagher Reginald D Hunter Andy Parsons

OR

Jason Byrne Glenn Wool Lucy Porter John Colleary

What would you go see!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't recognise any of them. Flip a coin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Jason Byrne and all, at least he's funny. I'd recommend a nice pint rather than suffer through Colin Murphy or PJ Gallagher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

Cheers to a Mod for moving this! Couldn't find the right place for the life of me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Has anyone seen the tagline for this

Kilkenny Cat Laughs
    'Not the usual'

now I know that refernce is to do with Smithwicks or some other undrinkable ale but wtf the line up is the same old same old. It should be called

Kilkenny Cat Laughs
    "Money for old rope - (Jason Byrne free due to limited demand)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Tarzan_man wrote: »

Although Reginald D Hunter is always worth seeing. Don't think I could suffer PJ Gallagher at the same gig though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Going to the first 2
    If you see a ginge on crutches

Pooh to the Smithwick's comment

Can not say any more, can anyone say "conflict of interest "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Go see Jason Byrne & Glen Wool ... Glen Wool is hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ended up going to the Colin Murphy one! Class show! Got caught on the way back in from the jacks tho! Yes...I was boyzone boy :(

Got arj's jersey at the match the next day tho! Great Guy! :D

Ended up going to the Colin Murphy one! Class show! Got caught on the way back in from the jacks tho! Yes...I was boyzone boy :(

Got arj's jersey at the match the next day tho! Great Guy! :D

heh heh heh

Barry Murphy did not half go on about bloody golf incident though

Lucy Porter is a bloody head case, seriously, the girl seemed like someone slipped here gummy berry juice

Anyone at the Reginald D Hunter one?

I was about to hit the wanker who was calling out "cosby's" at that one, except that I was reminded, that while on crutches, I am not going to be intimidating anyone!!

I thought that I would be cringing at PJ's set.
    But there was not Jake in sight.

The man is hilarious when doing straight stand up, pity about the munter laughing here head off for no reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Yes...I was boyzone boy :(

You were the guy wearing the shirt and waist coat ? On one of the warmest days of the year, you couldn't be let away with that !

Arj Barker was very good though, really enjoyed him, Coln Murphy was a bit meh, little Lucy was wired to the moon alright but enjoyable, liked her guide dog joke and Barry Murphy is one of those people were you either 'get' his humour or not, don't think alot of people do but I thought he was good in a cringey type of way.

Jip wrote: »
    You were the guy wearing the shirt and waist coat ? On one of the warmest days of the year, you couldn't be let away with that !

Arj Barker was very good though, really enjoyed him, Coln Murphy was a bit meh, little Lucy was wired to the moon alright but enjoyable, liked her guide dog joke and Barry Murphy is one of those people were you either 'get' his humour or not, don't think alot of people do but I thought he was good in a cringey type of way.

Twasn't that warm :P

Yeah Colin's set was a bit short alright, thought he had more to give. Arj was classic, ask him after how drunk he was and he just puts it on t'**** for the crowd. Still laughed my ass off tho!

Twasn't that warm :P

Yeah Colin's set was a bit short alright, thought he had more to give. Arj was classic, ask him after how drunk he was and he just puts it on t'**** for the crowd. Still laughed my ass off tho!

It was fecking roasting dude

There was no way that I was going to move during the sets, me on crutches stands out much more than your waistcoat

Arj was not the only one to have trouble staying on the stage either

anyone at the after party in the Ormonde??
    very strange band, think Jack Black's initial band in School of Rock
    Got alot of the comedians on stage to sing, I had to call it a night at 3.30 and it was only getting started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

It was fecking roasting dude

There was no way that I was going to move during the sets, me on crutches stands out much more than your waistcoat

Arj was not the only one to have trouble staying on the stage either

anyone at the after party in the Ormonde??
    very strange band, think Jack Black's initial band in School of Rock
    Got alot of the comedians on stage to sing, I had to call it a night at 3.30 and it was only getting started

Ormonde was good craic, better than last year when it finished at 2:30 or so. I was loopied up on the Smithwicks by 8PM, really loopied. That stuff doesn't get you drunk, it gets you mad!!!!!!

pandaboy wrote: »
    Ormonde was good craic, better than last year when it finished at 2:30 or so. I was loopied up on the Smithwicks by 8PM, really loopied. That stuff doesn't get you drunk, it gets you mad!!!!!!

Stuck to the Guinness myself

Was good craic indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Stuck to the Guinness myself

Was good craic indeed

ya, music was cool as well til i decided to leave that was when I thought everyone was an asshole, fecking smithwicks!!!!! I'll know better next year.

Advertisement