Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trout in the dargle

Options
  • 30-05-2008 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

does anyone know if there's any worthwhile brownies in the dargle. member of local anglers but haven't really fished there. i know salmon and seatrout are closed this season so just looking for a little sport locally. what would you use, flywise? spinner? I kno worms are out as well.. thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

There's not enough food for big fish in it, it's just a mountain stream really.
    And if you think about it the migratory fish do their feeding and growing elsewhere.

You would be better off fishing down in the harbour for flounder, mullet and mackerel.
    More of them.
    Bigger than brownies in the dargle.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 coolagad

cheers coolwings,just a bit a craic really. size dont matter..at least for this instance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

My dad has had Brown trout up to 3.5 LB @ Tinnahinch (sp?) bridge using worms. Biggest I've come across would be just about the 2LB mark.

Advertisement