Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Heel Stable In WWE Soon??????????

• 30-05-2008 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

One idea being thrown around is a heel stable composed of a group of younger WWE wrestlers. Also, they would use an older wrestler or a manager as a mentor. One idea is to make it a second generation stable featuring Ted DiBiase, Jr., Afa, Jr., DH Smith, Natalya Neidhart,Cody Rhodes (who would turn heel), and maybe Carlito as the mouthpiece if they don't get a manager. However, it may not be a 100% second generation stable after all, as other names being tossed around include CM Punk and Chris Harris. However, the young wrestlers stable is the basic idea they have in mind.

I like the idea of a new stable i think Evolution was the last good one in the WWE. They don't need Carlito i think Ted Dibiase Jnr seems comfortable on the mic or have Randy Orton as the leader/mouthpiece.

Comments

I believe Ted Di'biase is gonna be managing them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Afa Jr? Stop already with the fat, talentless Samoans, please!
    VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

VR!

When did it start, VR?

rovert wrote: »
    When did it start, VR?

You tell me, fact freak, from when i started watching in 86, it was always around and every generation had it. We've had Sika, Yokozuna, Rikishi, Umaga?

I'm sure there are more.
    VR!

You tell me, fact freak, from when i started watching in 86, it was always around and every generation had it. We've had Sika, Yokozuna, Rikishi, Umaga?

I'm sure there are more.
    VR!

I was referring to your "Stop already with the fat, talentless Samoans, please!" comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Maybe rovert's point is that they weren't/aren't talentless.

On the topic itself, I like the idea just for the simple fact it mightshake things up a little.

I was referring to your "Stop already with the fat, talentless Samoans, please!" comment.

In which case, it's just a matter of opinion at the end of the day.
    To me all of my examples are all rubbish and were all there just to serve purpose to feed the big babyface. Seen it before, next!

VR!

Maybe rovert's point is that they weren't/aren't talentless.

I thought it was pretty clear.

I thought it was pretty clear.

Again, matter of opinion.
    VR!

Again, matter of opinion.
    VR!

You said stop with .....
    And I asked when did it start?

Not hard

You've yet to answer this as well.

• Advertisement

You said stop with .....
    And I asked when did it start?

Not hard

You've yet to answer this as well.

You, my friend, are the Helen Keller of this forum. Blind, Deaf and Dumb. I already answered this a few posts up, giving a year and examples.

Now, come back to me, when your brain is not in neutral.
    Thank you, drive thru!

VR!

You, my friend, are the Helen Keller of this forum. Blind, Deaf and Dumb. I already answered this a few posts up, giving a year and examples.

Now, come back to me, when your brain is not in neutral.
    Thank you, drive thru!

VR!

Thats a rich claim from you.

So are you really saying those four are untalented? You are off your nut if thats the case.

As i said (and will for the final time), matter of opinion. If you like fat, talentless slugs parading your screen, then more power to your tolerance level.

It's just not for me, sorry if you have a problem dealing with that, rovert. I'm sure it's a sickness you'll get over with time and the right medication.
    VR!

As i said (and will for the final time), matter of opinion. If you like fat, talentless slugs parading your screen, then more power to your tolerance level.
    VR!

Your opinion is deeply flawed and hardly compelling.

Umaga is a slug, tell me more?

Your opinion is deeply flawed and hardly compelling.

Umaga is a slug, tell me more?

I shouldn't have to, if you claim to watch RAW on a weekly basis.
    And don't get me started on your opinions (that you ram down everyone's throats!), i'd be here all night! :)

As Schiavone has famously said... "we're all outta time!"
    VR!

I shouldn't have to, if you claim to watch RAW on a weekly basis.
    And don't get me started on your opinions (that you ram down everyone's throats!), i'd be here all night! :)

As Schiavone has famously said... "we're all outta time!"
    VR!

Did see his matches with Hardy?

So you wont back up your opinions then I take it? Isnt that the point of a message board?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Its all down to personal opinion. I personally agree with rovert in that some of the above (i.e. Umaga) are talented. I don't like Umaga, but he has great wrestling ability for a bigger guy.

Were is this going ? ? Both as bad as each other.

Havnt been watching WWE at all but i hope the low ratings spur them into doing somthing good. Maybe then i will start watching it.

brolly wrote: »
    Its all down to personal opinion.

Not really talent should be evident to all, the extent of that talent is indeed open to personal opinion. To call someone untalented is a big accusation. An accusation I feel needs to justifed on a message board. What is wrong with that?

Havnt been watching WWE at all but i hope the low ratings spur them into doing somthing good. Maybe then i will start watching it.

Hrm, either download Monday's RAW or catch the repeat on Monday evening, around 5ish i think it is. First time i enjoyed RAW since Flair's retirement show, and scaringly enough, that's nearly 2 months ago.

VR!

• Advertisement

Not really talent should be evident to all, the extent of that talent is indeed open to personal opinion. To call someone untalented is a big accusation. An accusation I feel needs to justifed on a message board. What is wrong with that?

I agree - I think talent should be evident, but as you say, the extent of that talent is down to personal opinion. I don't think there is ny big accusation in calling someone untalented though - we all have opinions!

I see that VR! does not like Undertaker that much (from the HHH is talentless thread!) - I personally think Taker is the best in the whole of the WWE and has more talent that many of them put together. Its personal opinion!

I agree - I think talent should be evident, but as you say, the extent of that talent is down to personal opinion. I don't think there is ny big accusation in calling someone untalented though - we all have opinions!

Its a message can we not discuss how someone came to that opinion and discuss it? In an exchange of rational, factual and balanced points? If your opinion is sound and you feel it is able to presented on a message board for others to question, why not do that? Your view on opinons seem to be very rigid and is incompatable with discusssion and revision.

Its a message can we not discuss how someone came to that opinion and discuss it? In an exchange of rational, factual and balanced points?

Depends on whether or not the person wants to say why! I don't like Morrison - could I give reasons? Probably, but the biggest would be that I just don't like him at all nor do I enjoy watching him wrestle. Just irritates me!!!

I see that VR! does not like Undertaker that much (from the HHH is talentless thread!) - I personally think Taker is the best in the whole of the WWE and has more talent that many of them put together. Its personal opinion!

Here's the thing about my opinion of Taker. This is an old fart, who a few years ago wanted to work a lighter schedule. Fair enough, you did your time with the company and if you're unable to hack it on the road anymore, then fair is fair.

Which was fine, personally i thought the whole deadman gimmick went stale in 1999 (when it was originally nixed), and then 2005 came along, and he had the chance to put over Randy Orton and step the f*ck down, but no, heaven forbid he'd put a dent in his worthless Mania streak. And i do mean worthless if you look at the first half of "victims" on that list. He'd put Orton over later that year, when all momentum of the damn storyline was gone and people stopped caring!

The only person he's put over since was Edge, and that was only because he got injured and had to drop the belt to SOMEONE! And one year later, he's making sure he calls that favour back in!

Yet i have to listen to HHH bitching time out of number for similar reasons! So yeah, the double standards tend to piss me off from time to time. :)

VR!

Here's the thing about my opinion of Taker. This is an old fart, who a few years ago wanted to work a lighter schedule. Fair enough, you did your time with the company and if you're unable to hack it on the road anymore, then fair is fair.

Which was fine, personally i thought the whole deadman gimmick went stale in 1999 (when it was originally nixed), and then 2005 came along, and he had the chance to put over Randy Orton and step the f*ck down, but no, heaven forbid he'd put a dent in his worthless Mania streak. And i do mean worthless if you look at the first half of "victims" on that list. He'd put Orton over later that year, when all momentum of the damn storyline was gone and people stopped caring!

The only person he's put over since was Edge, and that was only because he got injured and had to drop the belt to SOMEONE! And one year later, he's making sure he calls that favour back in!

Yet i have to listen to HHH bitching time out of number for similar reasons! So yeah, the double standards tend to piss me off from time to time. :)

VR!

Fair points! I think the first half of the Mania victories list is awful - the opponents were terrible! But, I still think that overall, the streak is a great selling point! Lets be honest, if they "screwed" Taker over at Mania and destroyed the streak, people would turn away from the WWE. Many fans would stop watching the shows (and they would stop going to the shows!). I wouldn't, but I think a lot of people would! Is tha a reason to keep him there? From WWE's perapective, hell yeah!!! ($$$$$!!!)

As for his talent in the ring, I think he is a little more tired in the ring now, but nonetheless still as capable as many others in the ring. Batista, HHH etc in my opinion haven't a patch on Taker's ability!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Forget the stable. The WWE needs a super heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Its a message can we not discuss how someone came to that opinion and discuss it? In an exchange of rational, factual and balanced points? If your opinion is sound and you feel it is able to presented on a message board for others to question, why not do that? Your view on opinons seem to be very rigid and is incompatable with discusssion and revision.

Correct me if i am wrong but were you not the person posting one word comments over the last few days, hmm just an observation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Forget the stable. The WWE needs a super heel.

I can't forget the Stable. You forget the super heel.

rovert = best poster on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

This is serious business. I love the idea of a Kendrick heel team with Jake the Snake, rock on.

• Advertisement

VR!

So can you talk about this please then:
    EdK wrote: »
    Correct me if i am wrong but were you not the person posting one word comments over the last few days, hmm just an observation

You are wrong Ive done this maybe three times and look at my post count and check out the ratio of longer posts to one word comments. Unlike many here my one word comments are correct and I do explain them and back them up. Your observation skills are very poor.

So can talk about this please then:

Ah come on Rovert, the guy stated something - if he doesn't want to discuss it further, he doesn't have to. The reason myself and VR! had the Taker discussion is because I didn't badger him for answers like you are doing here.

Ah come on Rovert, the guy stated something - if he doesn't want to discuss it further, he doesn't have to. The reason myself and VR! had the Taker discussion is because I didn't badger him for answers like you are doing here.

I didnt badger him if he answered my question on page 1 this would have not gone to 3 pages:
    Its a message board can we not discuss how someone came to that opinion and discuss it? In an exchange of rational, factual and balanced points? If your opinion is sound and you feel it is able to presented on a message board for others to question, why not do that? Your view on opinons seem to be very rigid and is incompatable with discusssion and revision.

Surely if he can call a group of people talentless he must have good reason. Remember this isnt a statement board it is a discussion board, brolly.

I didnt badger him if he answered my question on page 1 this would have not gone to 3 pages:

Surely if he can call a group of people talentless he must have good reason. Remember this isnt a statement board it is a discussion board, brolly.

Rovert - Im making this my last post on this - you say that he did not answer you on page 1 - take the hint and stop badgering him. If he wanted to discuss it further on page 1, he would have.

As for this being a discussion board - yep, I agree. VR! has many discussions on the boards, but you don't try and discuss things, you just demand answers! The guy doesn't want to discuss it with you so please leave it at that.

Why should someone need to have good reason for saying something? I have studied tort law and this is by no means defamatory. It was a broad statement outlining his "personal" dislike for this type of wrestler. Thats fine, I think Morrison is pretty crap (contrary to what many others think on these boards) - do I have to explain why I think so to you - hell no!

As for this being a discussion board - yep, I agree. VR! has many discussions on the boards, but you don't try and discuss things, you just demand answers! The guy doesn't want to discuss it with you so please leave it at that.

Precisely why i don't bother with rovert anymore. Because he demands answers, if he doesn't like or agree with said answer he comes out with the almighty
    "false!" or the even mightier "tell me more"

And then on top of that, he'll then jump all over you for not backing up your statements, when the likes of the above are just proof that he doesn't even back up his own statements. Reasons, rovert, why you're not liked very much around here.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not the most loved person on these forums either, i never claimed to be. I've pissed off enough regular posters (ask forbesii about how he feels on my views on Undertaker, or MNG on how he feels on my views on Triple H and John Cena) and mods over the course of the last year, although never to the point of rovert extremes.

As the old saying goes, if you don't like what you're reading, nobody's forcing you to reply, and the exit button is up in the top right that says "logout", you're more than welcome to use it.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It's just not for me, sorry if you have a problem dealing with that, rovert. I'm sure it's a sickness you'll get over with time and the right medication.
    VR!

Umaga is incredibly athletic for his size. Samoa Joe is even more gifted.

Anyway, I have a feeling that ball will get rolling when Ted Dibiase wins the Tag Team Titles. I think he will 'buy' Cody Rhodes to sell Hardcore out.

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Umaga is incredibly athletic for his size. Samoa Joe is even more gifted.

I love the way out of everyone on my list, Umaga is the only one who gets defended. So Umaga can run into the corner? So could Rikishi and Yokozuna, they were still talentless slugs though! Samoa Joe i will give you, wait til he piles it on in a few years.
    Anyway, I have a feeling that ball will get rolling when Ted Dibiase wins the Tag Team Titles. I think he will 'buy' Cody Rhodes to sell Hadcore out.

Very interested in where they go with this. For the first time in a while, i'm looking forward to RAW. :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I love the way out of everyone on my list, Umaga is the only one who gets defended. So Umaga can run into the corner? So could Rikishi and Yokozuna, they were still talentless slugs though! Samoa Joe i will give you, wait til he piles it on in a few years.

I gotta say, i kinda agree with you on the samoan thing. I used to hate watching Rikishi and Yokozuna. If they're wrestlers, you'd think they'd make the effort to get into shape! I actually do think Umaga is good, simply because of his level of intensity - I think it kinda makes up for him being out of shape.

I was never a big fan of fat joe; fair enough, he works a good solid style and is capable of having good matches but i just dont think it makes sense for a fat bloke to be winning matches against the likes of Angle.
    Very interested in where they go with this. For the first time in a while, i'm looking forward to RAW. :)
    VR!

I'm very interested in seeing where this goes myself. I wonder will they bring in someone else to team with Dibiase or whether Rhodes will turn all Holly. I'll be doing my best to avoid the spoilers on this angle over the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Since this thread seems to have turned more into a debate about Samoan wrestlers rather than the original topic, here's my opinion on it.

Growing up and watching wrestlers through the years, I've enjoyed watching many of them. I loved the Headshrinkers (Samu and Rikishi) when they were a tag team. For big rugged guys, they were so athlectic which is a trait that alot of Samoan wrestlers seem to have.

I also got a chance to watch some matches of the Wild Samoans from the mid to early 80's in the WWWF when classic shows were being shown on Sky Sports. The shows were at times very hard to sit through but the Wild Samoans, Afa and Sika were a cool act I thought.

As for Umaga, I love watching him wrestle and wish they did more with him.

Rovert - Im making this my last post on this - you say that he did not answer you on page 1 - take the hint and stop badgering him. If he wanted to discuss it further on page 1, he would have.!

The thing it is a pretty sweeping claim by VR. If you cant articluyate it does speak much for his claims, does it.
    As for this being a discussion board - yep, I agree. VR! has many discussions on the boards, but you don't try and discuss things, you just demand answers!

As people are posting crap and refuse to discuss it further.
    The guy doesn't want to discuss it with you so please leave it at that. !

Why as his reasons dont hold up to questioning?
    Why should someone need to have good reason for saying something? I have studied tort law and this is by no means defamatory. It was a broad statement outlining his "personal" dislike for this type of wrestler. Thats fine, I think Morrison is pretty crap (contrary to what many others think on these boards) - do I have to explain why I think so to you - hell no!

Dude it is a discuss board. If you can’t explain why you dislike someone that dislike is irrational. It is hardly a prima facie case being presented there.

The thing it is a pretty sweeping claim by VR. If you cant articluyate it does speak much for his claims, does it.

I thought i did a good job of that earlier in the thread, your refusal to acknowledge it isn't mine, or any other posters problem.

Yes, and i really wish you'd stop because it's getting predictable. :)
    Matter of opinion, yours is yours but you refuse to leave it at that.
    Dude it is a discuss board. If you can’t explain why you dislike someone that dislike is irrational. It is hardly a prima facie case being presented there.

Only i have explained why but you just dismiss them.
    End of.

VR!

• Advertisement

Why irrational? Like I said already, VR! probably would discuss it if you did not demand answers all the time. As for your reason why you demand answers (i.e. because people post crap) - :rolleyes:

Do us a favour and stop hounding people for answers - if they want to discuss something with you, they will. If they don't, take the hint and stop badgering them. I wish I never said anything to begin with, because your p*ssing me off now.

Precisely why i don't bother with rovert anymore. Because he demands answers, if he doesn't like or agree with said answer he comes out with the almighty
    "false!" or the even mightier "tell me more"!

You are wrong on how I aplied these statements (which by the way I did once.) I posted both in relation to factual errors NOT opinion.
    And then on top of that, he'll then jump all over you for not backing up your statements, when the likes of the above are just proof that he doesn't even back up his own statements. Reasons, rovert, why you're not liked very much around here."!

Again you are wrong on how I applied both statements and I did follow and back up these statements, I can provide you links if needed. Once again you such be the last person to talk about another not backing up what they say. What you posted above is lacking in specifics
    Now don't get me wrong, i'm not the most loved person on these forums either, i never claimed to be. I've pissed off enough regular posters (ask forbesii about how he feels on my views on Undertaker, or MNG on how he feels on my views on Triple H and John Cena) and mods over the course of the last year, although never to the point of rovert extremes

Im not pissed off, I just think some of your opinions lack alot of factual basis.
    Which is annoying was you do make some good points on here.

I thought i did a good job of that earlier in the thread, your refusal to acknowledge it isn't mine, or any other posters problem.

Yes, and i really wish you'd stop because it's getting predictable. :)

Matter of opinion, yours is yours but you refuse to leave it at that.

Only i have explained why but you just dismiss them.
    End of.

VR!

This just trolling by yourself, VR.

Explain in a small paragraph why all those guys are untalneted slugs that is all I ask and better thought out then the below. Is this too much to ask?
    I love the way out of everyone on my list, Umaga is the only one who gets defended. So Umaga can run into the corner? So could Rikishi and Yokozuna, they were still talentless slugs though!

Staggering analysis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Ah come on Rovert, there's no need to be pedantic now. I'm speaking for myself here when i say that as a poster, i don't feel I have to explain a reason for every opinion nor to do I feel that I have to have a particular reason for all of my opinions (it might just be a case that a wrestler doesnt entertain me). I certainly don't feel that anyone has the right to demand a reason for an opinion from me or from anyone. So please stop demanding explanations - aside from anything, its disrupting the actual discussion here, as you have stated on numerous ocassions in this very thread that this is a discussion board!!

That's all i'm gonna say on the matter. Next!

Im not pissed off, I just think some of your opinions lack alot of factual basis.
    Which is annoying was you do make some good points on here.

Well as i said before, if you don't like it, don't read it, if it annoys you, stick me on ignore.

Here's the thing, most of what i type here, most people do understand, if i f*ck up, i'm often corrected, Fozzy does that a lot. Of which i've no problem with as i'm human, and we all f*ck up.

However if you come on and just say "false", "you're wrong" and not point out, then people will just see you as an annoying dick. Personally i only feel that way about 50% of the time because you do post some good stuff on here too, but when you're annoying, jesus christ, are you annoying. Sadly i'm not the only one who's feeling that.

But i'm under no obligation to explain myself to you, or anyone else. It's a board, discussion gets provided. It's not a court, and nobody's on trial.

It is that black and white, and it is that simple.
    VR!

This just trolling by yourself, VR.

Let me get this straight, having an opinon is trolling?
    You obviously haven't been using the internet long, have you, rovert? ;)

VR!

I certainly don't feel that anyone has the right to demand a reason for an opinion from me or from anyone. So please stop demanding explanations - aside from anything, its disrupting the actual discussion here, as you have stated on numerous ocassions in this very thread that this is a discussion board!!

I dont ask for a reason for every opinion. But VR's claim is fairly major and sweeping. Again this a discussion board not a statement board. Can we not discuss this?

I dont ask for a reason for every opinion. But VR's claim is fairly major and sweeping.

I genuinely could discuss it, but all you do is pick holes and add no facts of your own. Not all of us have 20 browsers open with different links to paste. Nor do we want to! (at least i sure as hell don't!)
    Again this a discussion board not a statement board. Can we not discuss this?

Exactly, discussion, not statements. Remember that next time you say "false!", "wrong" etc. Because all you do is provide statements, with little discussion of your own.

That's me done on this thread. Hopefully the mods will delete all the crap on it so we can go back on topic.

VR!

Well as i said before, if you don't like it, don't read it, if it annoys you, stick me on ignore.

Here's the thing, most of what i type here, most people do understand, if i f*ck up, i'm often corrected, Fozzy does that a lot. Of which i've no problem with as i'm human, and we all f*ck up.

However if you come on and just say "false", "you're wrong" and not point out, then people will just see you as an annoying dick. Personally i only feel that way about 50% of the time because you do post some good stuff on here too, but when you're annoying, jesus christ, are you annoying. Sadly i'm not the only one who's feeling that.

But i'm under no obligation to explain myself to you, or anyone else. It's a board, discussion gets provided. It's not a court, and nobody's on trial.

It is that black and white, and it is that simple.
    VR!

Is the Samoan thing that black and white? Can you go into similar detail as what you did above on this opinion please? If you present a fair and balanced opinion on the subject, which I may agree or disagree on. I will at least respect your opinion. Again this is a fairly major and sweeping claim by yourself.

But VR's claim is fairly major and sweeping.

Bloody hell, whats major about Umaga & Co. being talentless in his opinion???

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement