Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Heel Stable In WWE Soon??????????

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I genuinely could discuss it, but all you do is pick holes and add no facts of your own. Not all of us have 20 browsers open with different links to paste. Nor do we want to! (at least i sure as hell don't!)!

Hand on heart Ive never copied and pasted from other sites. Yes Ive posted links to other sites and pages but Ive never copied and pasted. Go thought my posts and if you see an obvious copy and paste job. Google it and prove me wrong.
    Exactly, discussion, not statements. Remember that next time you say "false!", "wrong" etc. Because all you do is provide statements, with little discussion of your own.!)!

Sweeping statements again, VR. Look at the draft thread for an example.
    That's me done on this thread. Hopefully the mods will delete all the crap on it so we can go back on topic.

In other words you cant back up your ludicrous claims. You could of prevented all this by just asking my question about an opinion that few share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

brolly wrote: »
    Bloody hell, whats major about Umaga & Co. being talentless in his opinion???

+1

It's so major that i'm sure Umaga is reading this now and has been reduced to tears and is dialing his lawyer's number as we speak to bring a million doller lawsuit against VR :D.

Bloody hell, whats major about Umaga & Co. being talentless in his opinion???

Look at this way if you are in Ireland (Im in Dublin) the chances are it is a lovely day outside and we can all agree the sky is blue. Yes we all debate what shade of blue. But the sky is still blue. What VR is saying is no the sky is in fact grey.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

+1

It's so major that i'm sure Umaga is reading this now and has been reduced to tears and is dialing his lawyer's number as we speak to bring a million doller lawsuit against VR :D.

:(Poor Umaga:(

Sure why don't I fuel the fire a little more! - Mark Henry has no talent whatsoever! Now thats a man that sues everyone for every little statement (discussion!):D

rovert wrote: »
    Look at this way if you are in Ireland (Im in Dublin) the chances are it is a lovely day outside and we can all agree the sky is blue. Yes we all debate what shade of blue. But the sky is still blue. What VR is saying is no the sky is in fact grey.

Gurrrrr?:confused: What do you mean "if you are in Ireland" - it says Donegal below my name! And VR! did not say the blue sky was grey - he said Umaga is talentless. Whats wrong with that? This thread has gotten very comical now - please mods, just lock it!!!

Gurrrrr?:confused: What do you mean "if you are in Ireland" - it says Donegal below my name!

I was speaking generally and you could be away on holidays for the bank holidays for all I know.

And VR! did not say the blue sky was grey - he said Umaga is talentless. Whats wrong with that? This thread has gotten very comical now - please mods, just lock it!!!

This went over your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I clicked on the thread hoping to read opinions and guesses on how the heel stable could work out and on who might be in it. It is something that could be really good for the show and for viewers, and what does the thread have?

Bitching and childish back and forth. I tend to lurk in this forum and enjoy reading a lot of the views but of late it seems to be pedantic bitching.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Bitching and childish back and forth. I tend to lurk in this forum and enjoy reading a lot of the views but of late it seems to be pedantic bitching.

I wish there was views here, good luck getting some. Why you post about the subject title then maybe we can get some?

Kess73 wrote: »
    I clicked on the thread hoping to read opinions and guesses on how the heel stable could work out and on who might be in it. It is something that could be really good for the show and for viewers, and what does the thread have?

Kess - all was going ok here until Rovert made a point of destroying it! I have already asked for the thread to be locked! Its gone way off topic because the constant badgering for answers. Right thats me done with this thread.

• Advertisement

:(Poor Umaga:(

Sure why don't I fuel the fire a little more! - Mark Henry has no talent whatsoever! Now thats a man that sues everyone for every little statement (discussion!):D

:D:DThat's a sweeping statement and is of serious nature!! I demand you explain the logic behind your opinion!!:D:D

In all seriousness, I completely agree with ya there!
    Kess73 wrote:

I agree, we should really get this back on topic!

Kess - all was going ok here until Rovert made a point of destroying it! I have already asked for the thread to be locked! Its gone way off topic because the constant badgering for answers. Right thats me done with this thread.

This could have been avoided if someone just answered ONE question about something they seem so sure of. That is my one and only point.

My only concern about this stable is that they may become the new Spirit Squad and look how badly those guys have fared since in their careers.

Kess - all was going ok here until Rovert made a point of destroying it! I have already asked for the thread to be locked! Its gone way off topic because the constant badgering for answers.

+1

Anyway to get things back on track, there's 2 possible options with the Dibiase tag title angle - have Rhodes turn on Holly or team Dibiase up with someone; either a monster or a very credible heel.

As far as a faction goes, i'd like to see Dibiase and a few guys from FCW get involved. I've heard good reports about Afa Jr as well, so maybe they'll use him. They could go down the 3rd generation route with Harry Smith, Dibiase, and have Orton as the leader.

There's just so many possibilities. Anyone have any ideas??

Rovert, you're really p*ssing me off now - please just let it go! Why should the rest of us here suffer over a beef you have with VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I enjoy reading the Pro Wrestling forum as much as the next person..But Brolly..I hate to break it to you. You write the most stupid things on this forum which 100% will not ever happen, arent funny and dont make sense. No way will Undetaker ever become heel again. There are lots of other stuff I couldnt even be bothered talking about.
    On Topic anyway, I think that this also could be the kinda thing like what happened to the Spirit Squad.Disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

callaway92 wrote: »
    On Topic anyway, I think that this also could be the kinda thing like what happened to the Spirit Squad.Disaster

I'm of this opinion as well, we haven't had a successful proper faction in WWE in years. The Cabinet was one that was full of nobodys who no one cared about. Do you really care about Orlando Jordan? Or The Basham Brothers? The Spirit Squad were held together by Kenny and Johnny, and neither of those are doing anything to note.

DiBiase managing a tag team, yes and i'm all for it. But keep the factions away, it will kill everyone involved as far as credibility goes.

VR!

I think that this also could be the kinda thing like what happened to the Spirit Squad.Disaster

The problem with the Spirit Squad was that it was a stupid gimmick. I think it's worth looking at Evolution as more of an example - If they have Ted Sr as heel manager, then Ted Jr and another 1 or 2 young heels and an experienced heel, they could well create stars of the future like Evolution did.

The important part imo is to have a top star in the faction to add credibility.

• Advertisement

I enjoy reading the Pro Wrestling forum as much as the next person..But Brolly..I hate to break it to you. You write the most stupid things on this forum which 100% will not ever happen, arent funny and dont make sense. No way will Undetaker ever become heel again. There are lots of other stuff I couldnt even be bothered talking about.

Right - still p*ssed off that I created a thread for wrestlemania tickets on general sale then Callaway. Listen, obviously you are the expert on Taker, so I will not give my opinion on that anymore! I never said Undertaker would turn heel again - you would need the fans to go against him for that. If the ministry returned, it doesn't necessarily mean that people would turn against him.

I haven't a clue what you are on about on the posts that are stupid and don't make sense - again, thats your opinion, but I have had many discussions with other board members, all of which I hope would say they were good discussions. If you are on about my posts on this thread, fair enough, but Rovert was going on and on about one stupid little thing - VR! explained and yet Rovert was still unsatisfied with that.

If you don't like me mate, you don't need to read my posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rovert is by far the most talented thread hijacker I've seen in a long long time. I don't know whether to admire or pity him, butone thing I sure as hell wouldn't do is give him the attention he so desperately craves and there's plenty of people on this board giving him exactly that, people who should know far better at that.

C'mon rovert lad, turn off the aul modem and get out in that lovely Dublin sunshine you seem so eneamored with, it'll do the world of good for that pasty complexion!

Feeding trolls just makes them fat (fatter), like those Samoans boys!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Anyway to get things back on track, there's 2 possible options with the Dibiase tag title angle - have Rhodes turn on Holly or team Dibiase up with someone; either a monster or a very credible heel.
    Its not an either/or scenario. Team Dibiase with someone (Smith or Afa Jr. or whoever else) AND have Rhodes turn on Holly. Instant stable.

The problem with comparing this (potential) faction to Evolution is the lack of an established heel for it to centre around. You're basically taking a bunch of young guys whom the crowd have no opinion of. Maybe if you added Orton to the list that would change, but I don't think Orton's character fits the 'leader of a stable' role well.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Rovert is by far the most talented thread hijacker I've seen in a long long time. I don't know whether to admire or pity him, butone thing I sure as hell wouldn't do is give him the attention he so desperately craves and there's plenty of people on this board giving him exactly that, people who should know far better at that.

C'mon rovert lad, turn off the aul modem and get out in that lovely Dublin sunshine you seem so eneamored with, it'll do the world of good for that pasty complexion!

Feeding trolls just makes them fat (fatter), like those Samoans boys!:D

By the numbers response here and you dont seem to grasp what is going on here.

Im redecorating the gaff at the mo if you want to know. Im not looking for attention just an answer to a question.
    The problem with the Spirit Squad was that it was a stupid gimmick. I think it's worth looking at Evolution as more of an example - If they have Ted Sr as heel manager, then Ted Jr and another 1 or 2 young heels and an experienced heel, they could well create stars of the future like Evolution did.

The important part imo is to have a top star in the faction to add credibility.

Did you watch WWE in 1995 with Ted's Corporation, God that sucked?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

good stuff everyone on getting on topic...dang new posters ruining good topics.

This is a good topic though cos im pretty sure the idea of a new heel stable in the WWE being led by Dibiase is one most of us want to see. The whole possibility of it being a Next Gen stable starting with the possible turn/addition of Cody and then DH Smith most likely is also an intreging one. I do agree though that it would seem that this group might lack an established star that the crowd would care about in it, which is a role that despite being another next gen wrestler (3rd gen) Ortan may not suit.

Therefore, it would make me wonder how involved Dibiase snr is going to be? as without this established star in the group his role would have to be a big one for me. I also wonder if this is really going to be pushed big on RAW and if so will there be an obvious cross over with Vince and his Million dollar (Man) giveaway each week.

• Advertisement

Did you watch WWE in 1995 with Ted's Corporation, God that sucked?

I'll agree, i said that before, but i think there is a big difference between the talent roster in 1994-1995 to present day, especially the younger talent.

That said, i still think a faction is a horrible idea. :)
    VR!

That said, i still think a faction is a horrible idea. :)

The thing is a faction idea is less risky than having a rookie in front of a live crowd on his own and BOMB. You can then see the pick of the litter is and breaking him away for example The Rock in NOD.

The thing is a faction idea is less risky than having a rookie in front of a live crowd on his own and BOMB. You can then see the pick of the litter is and breaking him away for example The Rock in NOD.

I agree, which is why it should just be DiBiase, DiBiase Jr, and whoever turns and have a tag team and a manager. I think a tag team is less likely to bomb than a faction. It'll also bring back some much needed old school.

VR!

I think a tag team is less likely to bomb than a faction.

Dont know about that now.

Dont know about that now.

Think about it, the tag division has been suffering for years. There are people out there that miss tag teams, factions come and go. And as i stated before, WWE hasn't had a successful faction in quite some time.

VR!

Think about it, the tag division has been suffering for years. There are people out there that miss tag teams, factions come and go. And as i stated before, WWE hasn't had a successful faction in quite some time.

VR!

Same can be said about tag teams lol

Same can be said about tag teams lol

True, but my point was that WWE have been without a decent tag team division longer than a decent faction. And WWE fans love nostalgia, go back to the temporary Rockers reunion a few years back, the crowd went apesh*t for that. It wasn't for Jannetty's return! It was for tag action that had been missing for years.

That's why i honestly think a resurgance of a tag division would be a lot more successful than a faction at this point in time.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I would love to see a good tag division again with proper tag teams and not just two guys who don't have an angle at the moment.

The Heat before Wrestlemania showcasing great tag teams of the past was probably the best WWE show I've watched all year and I'd seen all the matches before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

God this thread needs a wambulance!!!

wambulance_logo.jpg

EdK wrote: »
    God this thread needs a wambulance!!!

wambulance_logo.jpg

God, you need to post something constructive!!!
    VR!

• Advertisement

WWE doesnt tend to do factions that well that dont involve main eventers I mean La Familia is terribly poor, Evolution were pretty good and they dropped the ball on the nWo years ago, granted Hall,Nash and Hogan werent in their prime but if they had continued in that badass fashion ala crushing The Rock in an ambulance it may have made for more interesting tv

Instead they made the same mistake as WCW and tried to water it down with guys who didnt fit such as Big Show and Booker and even Shawn who was only in it for the sole reason that the trivia books could say he was in both degeneration-x and the nWo, and i'm not really counting Sean Waltman for those who want to correct me

But I agree with VR try putting together tag teams before factions, they seem obsessed on breaking up teams, just look at Cade ands Murdoch not great as singles but they work ok together and now they break them up for a poor and short lived fued that no one will care about, it wont draw and they will be back together within a few weeks

I dont care what anyone says trained by HBK or not I dont think there is a singles star in Cade, but hey I could be wrong,we'll see

Theres my constructive post and I was writing it before you mentioned it, however i will now need to edit and disagree with you :p

Theres my constructive post and I was writing it before you mentioned it, however i will now need to edit and disagree with you :p

Whatever helps you sleep at night, kid.
    VR!

Usually reading your posts helps me nod off :D

WWE doesnt tend to do factions that well that dont involve main eventers I mean La Familia is terribly poor, Evolution were pretty good and they dropped the ball on the nWo years ago, granted Hall,Nash and Hogan werent in their prime but if they had continued in that badass fashion ala crushing The Rock in an ambulance it may have made for more interesting tv

This i will agree with, and although it would have made for interesting TV, it made no sense. Rock gets smashed up in an ambulance but appears about a week later, in perfect shape to wrestle on PPV? Long term planning wasn't WWE's bag then, sometimes i wonder if it still isn't!

I'd forgotten about La Famalia actually, probably because i snooze through Smackdown these days. But Evolution is pretty much the last time WWE did a faction, successfully.
    Instead they made the same mistake as WCW and tried to water it down with guys who didnt fit such as Big Show and Booker and even Shawn who was only in it for the sole reason that the trivia books could say he was in both degeneration-x and the nWo, and i'm not really counting Sean Waltman for those who want to correct me

Which is kinda funny as Waltman lasted longer than Michaels during that inception of NWO! Booker was a case of already being a heel, and needing a way to turn face, so him being there was a mere formality. I've no idea why Michaels was in there, it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference how WWE could have brought him back, the crowd still would have gone batsh*t.
    But I agree with VR try putting together tag teams before factions, they seem obsessed on breaking up teams, just look at Cade ands Murdoch not great as singles but they work ok together and now they break them up for a poor and short lived fued that no one will care about, it wont draw and they will be back together within a few weeks

And a dog ugly feud it would be as well. Could you imagine a upper midcard push for Trevor Murdoch? Captain Charisma himself? Good god no! Unless of course, Russo came back to WWE once again and was given the book!
    I dont care what anyone says trained by HBK or not I dont think there is a singles star in Cade, but hey I could be wrong,we'll see

Four years ago i would have disagreed. However they've dropped the ball with that one, and we're now beyond the point where we no longer give a crap about him sadly.

VR!

Usually reading your posts helps me nod off :D

Obviously not, as you're still here at 1.35am responding to them! ;)
    VR!

No it was just because i needed some new stuff, cheers for the above post, night night ;)

No it was just because i needed some new stuff, cheers for the above post, night night ;)

Thank you, come again! ;)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Afa Jr? Stop already with the fat, talentless Samoans, please!
    VR!

Sorry but who is Afa Jr please?

• Advertisement

JP Liz wrote: »
    Sorry but who is Afa Jr please?

Son of Afa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

Does any body else think Ted Dibiase's son n Cody Rhodes will team up(by turnin on Holly) n win d tag belts in that little angle theyve goin on? Mayb d young faction will start from there

Does any body else think Ted Dibiase's son n Cody Rhodes will team up(by turnin on Holly) n win d tag belts in that little angle theyve goin on? Mayb d young faction will start from there

Welcome to last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Welcome to bolloxville Rovert.Population you!

Welcome to bolloxville Rovert.Population you!

Personal abuse against me:
    Welcome to last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

You are the most irritating poster in this forum.I'm not the only one who thinks that.Here's why..

You question any sort of opinion that anyone has.(see VR!)

You mock the previous poster who just so happens to be a newbie for a question he asked when he obviously posted without reading previous posts about Factions and Samoans would good wrestling ability.(see J.McMurty)

Here's a solution to your problem.Post your opinions( when it matters )
    Don't ridicule your fellow posters.(I'm complaining as I feel it's constructive and will help you in future)
    Plant a tree.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

im just wondering how though or will Dibiase already have a tag partner and those two will be new champs as Rhodes turns on Holly to join the stable. Cos Dibiase/Rhodes cant beat Holly/Rhodes (unless Dusty turns up:D). Maybe DH Smith will be the partner, they seem to be going for the next generation angle with this possible facion.

You are the most irritating poster in this forum.

Sure
    You question any sort of opinion that anyone has.(see VR!)

It is a public message board, if you can’t back up your opinion it doesn’t say much about you or your opinion. Why should this place be any different any other place where discourse happens between people? You are making a sweeping statement by saying "I question any sort of opinion that anyone has." This is a perfect example of people putting too much stock there own opinion as it does have an expressed understanding of the facts.
    You mock the previous poster who just so happens to be a newbie for a question he asked when he obviously posted without reading previous posts about Factions and Samoans would good wrestling ability.(see J.McMurty)!)

He has been here since last June and it is not my fault if he has read the thread I don’t see how this makes me irrating. The direction of the storyline should be to a huge mystery to anyone.
    Here's a solution to your problem.Post your opinions( when it matters ))!)

I don’t have a problem, your the one who is posting here. The logic you’ve posted veers from everyone is entitled to an opinion to only post when your opinion matters.
    Don't ridicule your fellow posters.(I'm complaining as I feel it's constructive and will help you in future)

I’ve been insulted more than I’ve insulted other people.

Aren’t my posts questioning opinions ultimately constructive as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Yep, it looks like it's definitely a possibility.
    Welcome to last week

Well maybe if you hadn't derailed this thread to the point where there hasn't been a mention of a new heel stable in wwe for about 4 pages he would have had some information on the subject and could have joined in the discussion instead of having to ask the very question that this thread was created to discuss.

So you essentially got smart with a new poster for asking a relevant question in the correct thread where the information should have been but wasn't because you screwed the thread up.

Bravo sir, bravo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It takes two to Tango. Rovert is nearly always at fault for leaving ridiculous 3 word posts but on the otherside he clearly knows his stuff and when he leaves a decent size post it tends to be quite good. All of you who respond to Rovert telling him X,Y and Z should just put him on your ignore list instead of throwing every thread of point. I'm finding that this forum has got a lot worse since Rovert started posting regularly, but I don't blame it on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Bubs101 wrote: »
    It takes two to Tango.QUOTE]

You are correct Sir.There has been a ridiculous amount of nit picking in this thread and others.Im not taking sides or going to criticise anyone but this is a wrestling discussion board,not a who can one up the other most.Generally the posters on this board know their stuff and Im all for a spirited debate but lets try and leave it at that.

Just my 2 cents.

:-/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement