Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet forum

• 30-05-2008 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or has traffic on this forum halved/lessened/disappeared since the reorganisation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

It's certainly a lot quieter the last few days anyway. A lot of people come on forums like this to ask about joining, so it'd be great if we could get more experienced members of all emergency services (particularly fire, ems, etc!) to help balance things out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

CivDef,
    Am here all along. Will answer any questions in relation to ems. Personally try not to get bogged down in some of the other threads as it's not my area of expertise. Any questions fire away, but I d agree with Metman, certainly seems to have gone quiet in here lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Leaving cert too close for me to spend any lenght of time on here, roll on the 12th when im free for 3 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

I check in here every day but no not much happening.

Karlitosway where are u, go stir it up a bit;):D:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It's a side effect of breaking the forum down. I'm happy that as word goes around that this will pick up in time. Emergency Services got a mention in May's Garda Review. I'm waiting to see if I can get a scan of it to see exactly what it said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Before the re-organisation you may as well have called it the Garda forum because that's what 95% of the posts were about. I'm sure it'll pick up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

psni wrote: »
    It's a side effect of breaking the forum down. I'm happy that as word goes around that this will pick up in time. Emergency Services got a mention in May's Garda Review. I'm waiting to see if I can get a scan of it to see exactly what it said.

Is the Garda review different to what retired members get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

yayamark wrote: »

Yeah Karl, how dare leave us with a word said and make it boring here!!!!!!!!
    Sully wrote: »
    Is the Garda review different to what retired members get?

Not that I;m aware. I'd imagine it is the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

just a sugestion but would it be an idea to move the other forums up to be sub foums so that they appear at the top of EMS general,

doe sthat make sence?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Expected really, is it not? Would it not be possible to have the recruitment forum and other discussion areas as a sub forum of this Emergency Services General forum? If it was like that the Emergency Services General forum would at least show up on the main forum index page as normal.

Also, the more you break down a forum the more quieter it will feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Ref: the subforums appearing on the ES General section, this is being worked on at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Have they kinda disappeared then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

yayamark wrote: »

TheNog wrote: »
    Yeah Karl, how dare leave us with a word said and make it boring here!!!!!!!!

Despite what people think I do actually work and have a life!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Really?Wonder if Karlitosway got a mention??:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

pull the other one:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Ha! I agree with the nog pull the other one :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

I will see if I can find a copy in the station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

with the recent changes i'd say their will be a fair bit more 'traffic' in this thread now ... good job guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Agreed. Definately prefer the updated layout.

Is this your masterpiece, PSNI? :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Agreed. Definately prefer the updated layout.

Is this your masterpiece, PSNI? :D

Indeed it is, and bloody hell you're fairly active this morning. How many weetabix did you have?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Indeed - new layout is excellent.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

How many weetabix did you have?

The result of three rest days + 1 annual leave. Can't help but say I love those days where I have aboslutely -nothing- to do. They're few and far between but boy are they refreshing ;).

Advertisement