Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitler's propaganda

Options
  • 30-05-2008 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

i know that this is one of the big tips for this year but im not sure if i could write 4 pages on it. herers my plan
    1. the role of propaganda in hitlers rise to power .i.e exploitation of the weaknesses in the weimar republic, discrediting opposition..etc
    2.Goebbels as minister for propaganda and enlightenment
    3. Leni Riefenstahl and the nuremberg rallies
    4.olympic games 1936(i think)(probs couldn't get a whole par on this)
    5.Black radio, youth organisatins, desire to endoctrinate propagand

as said im not sur i could span these out over 4 pages. Anyone have any ideas or sample answers they could scan up in exchange for one on the successes and failures of Cumann na ngaedhael.

any help would be gratly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

jakimo wrote: »
    i know that this is one of the big tips for this year but im not sure if i could write 4 pages on it. herers my plan
    1. the role of propaganda in hitlers rise to power .i.e exploitation of the weaknesses in the weimar republic, discrediting opposition..etc

as said im not sur i could span these out over 4 pages. Anyone have any ideas or sample answers they could scan up in exchange for one on the successes and failures of Cumann na ngaedhael.

I reckon you've enough there to get four pages, you can talk about the Rallies for ages! You could mention Albert Speer (an architect) designing great buildings to celebrate the Nazis. Goebbels censored so many aspects of life, you should get a decent bit out of him. Really though I think the bulk of the essay could lie in the Rallies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jakimo

but don't they mark every paragraph equally, so doesn't each topic have to be developped equally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Every paragraph or paragrapy equavilent is marked out of 12. I dont think they each have to be developed equally.

Can you have two paragraphs on say Goebbels, each marked out of 12 (each about a half a page long) or would all of Goebbels be considered as one paragraph?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

6. Posters, I can get a half page on them. "Strength through Joy" "Vote for Nazis is a vote for work" "Hitler depicted as great leader" "Peasant portrayed as backbone of society"

7. Radio - Reich Radio Company - Nazi leader speeches on radio - Volk - German people had the most radios in Europe during the way - Huge role in propaganda

8. Press - Reich Press Law - "Racially Pure Journalism" - All foreign news had to be obtained from the 'German press agency' - Hitler befriended newspaper chain owner Alfred Hugenberg.

I did my 5th year summer test just a day ago and can get 5 pages no problem on Propaganda. You should be able to write at least 8 paragraphs including an introduction and conclusion easily and if you average even just 8 marks a paragraph, that's your 60/60.

For the 40 I just give each paragraph a title in red ink, not sure how to get 40/40 though!!!

If they ask about how Hitler Consolidated power, just mention the 'Labour Front', Rohm and the SA and 'Enabling Act of 1933'

Best of Luck.

p.s. Lucky bastads if you get the propaganda essay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

i know that this is one of the big tips for this year

why do u think that ??.i hope this helps

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/propaganda_in_nazi_germany.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I thought that came up indirectly last year in the Nazi characteristic question...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭whatsyourquota

you could only write one or two paragraphs about this in last years leaving cert. When i used to do this essay i also use to include a paragraph about the similarities and differences in stalin and hitlers use of propaganda. And also how he used to present himself as some sort of messiah and how he worked the crowd by using explosive words and imagery.

yeah that website's perfect, basically everything i needed. Also, with the history marking scheme, to they take your five best paragraphs or is it an accumulation of marrks. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but ive been teaching myself history all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

yeah that website's perfect, basically everything i needed. Also, with the history marking scheme, to they take your five best paragraphs or is it an accumulation of marrks. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but ive been teaching myself history all year.

It's an accumulation, they take all paragraphs into account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

The Walsho wrote: »
    It's an accumulation, they take all paragraphs into account.

So if I did 9 paragraphs and got 8 marks each, is that 9 x 8 = 72? (60/60 given)

Is this 100% certain.

EDIT: I said 56 instead of 72 XD

• Advertisement

yeah that sure clarified things. History is not as bad as it is perceived as bieng, so i should try to get as many paragraphs as possible in 42.5 minutes. Now all i have to do is finish on time which in my pres and all my other exams i have never done. Why don't they give us 3 hours 20 minutes in history? there's a lot more writing than in lets ssay Irish paper 2!

Advertisement