Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Wars - The Clone Wars Movie thread

• 30-05-2008 6:08pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Trailer out now, available here
    Looks jaw dropping

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Looks great, i really like the direction theyve taken the animation and the voice overs sound better than the original tv series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

ya the mini series was good. hope this stacks up too. interested in the further development of Asajj Ventress too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i have to say i have been very dissapointed by the animation, i mean gigiantor or death note or tom and gerry looks better than the truly pathetic attempt, animation would look better than the failure of CGI shows in the trailer, the big problem seems to be faces i mean there are computer games 5 years old that look better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

If this film and subsequent series turn out even half decent, an absolute dream for me would be a continuation of the original trilogy in this fashion. I reckon they'd be able to get most of the cast back, a man can wish :)

robby^5 wrote: »
    If this film and subsequent series turn out even half decent, an absolute dream for me would be a continuation of the original trilogy in this fashion. I reckon they'd be able to get most of the cast back, a man can wish :)

One should never tamper with perfection!! I'd love to see some of the books made into feature-lengths. A lot of those stories were as good if not better than the films!! I'm surprised Lucas hasn't ever made at least one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

One should never tamper with perfection!! I'd love to see some of the books made into feature-lengths. A lot of those stories were as good if not better than the films!! I'm surprised Lucas hasn't ever made at least one...

Aye that's what I mean, it's too late now to use the actors imo, so maybe using their voices and this animation would be a good way to tell some of those stories, and there are some really good ones too that would make awesome films.

robby^5 wrote: »
    Aye that's what I mean, it's too late now to use the actors imo, so maybe using their voices and this animation would be a good way to tell some of those stories, and there are some really good ones too that would make awesome films.

totally. would be class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

They'd get a whole new trilogy even more out of the Yuuzhan Vong storyline.

They'd get a whole new trilogy even more out of the Yuuzhan Vong storyline.

that they would. would look amazing visually do if done right.

getting close now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jjpm

Most of us interested have probably already checked out the official site (http://wwws.warnerbros.co.uk/clonewars/) but if you haven't, I suggest you do. It has some interesting video on the thinking behind the film and includes some more sneek previews of the film. It's out at the weekend - can't wait!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

hhmmm, wishy reviews on the BBC website.......don't care, will make up my own mind at w/end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

In all fairness it could be Obi-wan digging a hole for 2 hours with a lightsaber and i'd dtill watch and love it, because it's starwars and has a lightsaber in it.

Looking forward to it . Going to see it in 2 hours .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jjpm

I'm excited for it! I think you just have to accept the exaggerated animation (Lucas acutally points this out as a conscious decision by the team) and then it can be enjoyed on its' own terms.

That said, I'll enjoy it whatever :D (I was one of those guys that defended Eps I,II,III to prequel haters!).

Guys what did you think of it ? I thought it was good . Asuka (spell) was not as annoying as i was led to believe but it had some great scene's . I was glad they were not afraide to kill off clone troopers. Some of them got killed in quite a nasty way too.
    I enjoyed it. Some nice little details in it. Now i am looking forward to the TV show . Anybody know when it starts ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I thought the music was good, lip synch at the beginning took some getting used to, dragged a bit nearer the end.......quality of the picture (VUE) could have been better

Yeah the narator at the start was strange , it was really like Starship Troopers . I was waiting to hear "would you like to know more"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Yeah the narator at the start was strange , it was really like Starship Troopers . I was waiting to hear "would you like to know more"

i thought it was more like a newsreel myself.

anyway, i have to say i quite enjoyed it. some of the visuals were amazing, and most of the voice over work was spot on. i remember thinking "that sounds awfully like sam jackson and christoper lee".. :D

wouldnt go to see it again in the cinema but i'll be certainly getting the blu ray

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

is this the same thing that was released on DVD a few years ago, or is it a paddin out of that, or is it something totaly new?

• Advertisement

i was disappointed it didn't go into the characters more; particularly Asajj Ventress.

it was just like the animated series, action from start to finish. i would have preferred a bit more debt to the characters, a bit more plot.

but for what it was, and hour and a half of classic Clone Wars kick****, it was pretty good...

is this the same thing that was released on DVD a few years ago, or is it a paddin out of that, or is it something totaly new?

totally new. it will be followed now with a series.

timeline wise what would ye think??

i would say it's set somewhere in the middle of the animated series...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

So the series is just ignored ? which is true then ?

which story is "official" ??

jackdaw wrote: »
    So the series is just ignored ? which is true then ?

which story is "official" ??

so bud, don't follow. the CGI series will now carry on where the movie finished. the animated series is set either side of the movie. ie, the movie is set between volume 1 and 2 of the movie, roughly...

that answer your q??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

that was ****e

Advertisement