Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Space Station Visible This Weekend

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Yes, it was nice and clear here in Dublin. Tomorrow night won't be as good probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

where do we look tonight folks?

As I said above, Wednesday night, at about 22:02. It will rise in the W and head towards the SSE. Looks a bit cloudy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Think it takes almost the same WSW (perhaps a little more westerly) to South track as last night but is closer to us (480 miles) and at a higher elevation 23 degrees, so if it clears up a bit the view will be better.
    [edit] flukey beat me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lolalane

I thought last night was the last night, we have clear skys in Galway and its too late now!!! Will we get another chance? I saw it twice and am now fasinated.

• Advertisement

Thursday night at about 22:24, but it will be another low and short pass, not as good as some of the ones over the past week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

What the hell I was out tonight at the right time and couldn't see ****.

After Thursday it won't be seen from Ireland again until the 18th of July through to the 1st of August. Put that into your diaries everyone. :)

RonMexico, tonight's pass would have been low. Some aren't as good as others. It depends how close to Ireland it is passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lolalane

Fantastic thanks for that:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

what time tonight for ISS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

10.21-10.23pm....very low in the sky even at it's highest point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

in the south west, right?

damn.. shouldn't have had that joint a half hour ago, i wanted to have on while i was out looking for the ISS

Yes, in the southwest, but lower than some we've had earlier in the week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well i missed all the ones earlier in the week :)

and it's far too cloudy now for me to see anything, but i'll hav a cigarette and give it a shot

--edit

yeah, far too cloudy and it's raining

screw you space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mahon-4-Life

one just passed over in Mahon,cork city right outside mahon point. at 9:25 pm. heading over towards iraq:eek: i hope it crashes and falls into iraq causing the place to blow upbiggrin.gif

Advertisement