Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training licence

Options
  • 30-05-2008 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Lads, Whats the story with the training licence for 14 year olds is it coming and if so when and whays the story with it , as my fella is driving my mad. he wants to shoot .22 benchrest comp.'s.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I think it's been held up by the other provisions that were supposed to be commenced and weren't because of the AG's opinion last month.

The Minister did say that a lot of stuff would be commenced after the miscellaneous provisions bill.

No idea as to what that means timewise though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭BOBTHESHOOTER

Lads, Whats the story with the training licence for 14 year olds is it coming and if so when and whays the story with it , as my fella is driving my mad. he wants to shoot .22 benchrest comp.'s.

Forget about the training licence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Section 2 4 d of the current act facilitates that ues of firearms (excludes the requirements for a licence) for members of authorised clubs, so if your young fella is 2 to 16 ad is a member of a club shoot away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Forget about the training licence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Section 2 4 d of the current act facilitates that ues of firearms (excludes the requirements for a licence) for members of authorised clubs, so if your young fella is 2 to 16 ad is a member of a club shoot away!
    Only AT the club though, and IF the club's rules and insurance allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

cheers lads I'll look in to it

Advertisement