Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English (H) Comparative

Options
  • 30-05-2008 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Philadephia, My Left Foot, Lies of Silence

Tips?? haha Any one theme i could use to adapt to any question??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

Philadephia, My Left Foot, Lies of Silence

Tips?? haha Any one theme i could use to adapt to any question??

For theme/issue?

I'm not doing Philadelphia, but I'm doing the other two you're doing. I'm doing the theme of relationships, its relatively easy, just compare the relationships of the characters throughout the texts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

stev2604 wrote: »
    For theme/issue?

I'm not doing Philadelphia, but I'm doing the other two you're doing. I'm doing the theme of relationships, its relatively easy, just compare the relationships of the characters throughout the texts!

I'm doing them all except My Left Foot, we're doing Strictly Ballroom.

They all have the themes of Love and Romance.

MLF:Love is a central theme in My Left Foot. It is not just the conventional love of a man for a woman and vice versa, but also the love of a mother for her son, the love of family members for each other, and the love of neighbours and friends. Without experiencing true, unconditional love, it is doubtful Christy would have had the heart to go on and realise his potential as a writer.
    PHIC: Gar and Katie, Gar and S.B (family), Gar and Madge
    LOS: Michael and Moira, Michael and Andrea, Michael and family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lastminutequest

Thanks a mil for the help!! So if i do out an essay on summit like Love and Romance...

....would it be possible to 'learn it off' and get away with it on the day??

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

Thanks a mil for the help!! So if i do out an essay on summit like Love and Romance...

....would it be possible to 'learn it off' and get away with it on the day??

Yeah, the questions are pretty general so there's no problem with learning one off.

Just make sure you make at least one comparison per paragraph.

Advertisement