Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Legends of Darts 2008 Thread

• 30-05-2008 7:14pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The first night of the Legends of Darts League is on now on Setanta sport. i'm really looking forward to seeing some of these legends in action again on the TV. It's a great idea by Setanta.

The odds for the tournament are as follows:
    Anderson, Bob 6/4
    George, Bobby 4/1
    Deller, Keith 5/1
    Evison, Peter 7/1
    Lowe, John 7/1
    Whitcombe, Dave 10/1
    Lazarenko, Cliff 14/1
    Bristow, Eric 16/1

I personally think Bobby George has a great chance of winning this. He is still a top class player. Bob Anderson is favourite because he has only recently stopped playing and still has the ability to play some fantastic darts. A little surprising Bristow is 8th favourite but I suppose he hasn't played in a long time and whenever he has he has looked rubbish. I think he will relish being back on the TV again though.

Tonights lineup is as follows:

Keith Deller V Cliff Lazerenko
    Bob Anderson V Peter Evison
    John Lowe V Dave Whitcomb
    Eric Bristow V Bobby George

Can't wait for the last match! :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Tonights results:

Keith Deller 7-5 Cliff Lazerenko
    Bob Anderson 6-6 Peter Evison
    John Lowe 3-7 Dave Whitcomb
    Eric Bristow 7-5 Bobby George

It was a very good night of darts with three close games. Wasn't hugely impressed with Setantas coverage, the camera man was all over the place but I'm sure it will get better. Great to see the legends in action.

Obviously the Bobby George Eric Bristow game was the pick of the night, not because it was the best standard because it wasn't, it was because of the old rivalry between the two. Bristow was his old self, constantly talking to and taking the piss out of George on stage and it really got to George. He totally lost his rythm and his game suffered. Bristow did well to win but George should have won easily.

I was surprised by Peter Evison, he played some great stuff ans should have beaten Anderson but Andersons quality somehow dragged himself back into after being 4-1 down. Whitcomb was just too much for Lowe and Deller was that bit too much for Big Cliff.

Lookin forward to the next night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Thanks for the results and the analysis KingP5 as for one I don't have Setanta and number two I was out on the piss tonight.

Keith Deller 7-5 Cliff Lazerenko
    Not surprised by this result as Cliff has been out for a while and Deller is up for it atm as far as I hear.

Bob Anderson 6-6 Peter Evison
    This result surprises me not at all as I expect Evison to win the league outright. Played against the man a few year ago when he was at the top of his game and way up in the rankings. Lovely man and I hope he does really well. Hope Anderson does well too as I like him and he has lost a lot by not being a member of the pdpa.

John Lowe 3-7 Dave Whitcombe

No way was Lowe winning this one. Whitcombe is still class,not saying Lowe isnt but Whitcome was way up for this one, and the rest of it.

Eric Bristow 7-5 Bobby George

Bristow won, nuff said.

Hopefully I will convince myself to stay in next Friday night and there will be a live stream online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Next round is on tonight.......setanta sports at 7pm

Bobby George v Dave Whitcombe (betting George 11/8 draw 10/3 Whitcombe 23/20)
    Eric Bristow v Cliff Lazarenko (betting Bristow 8/5 draw 10/3 Lazarenko Evens)
    Keith Deller v Peter Evison (betting Deller 6/5 draw 10/3 Evison 13/10)
    Bob Anderson v John Lowe (betting Anderson 4-9 draw 10/3 Lowe 4/1)

Those prices are from paddypowers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Results
    Bobby George 4-7 Dave Whitcombe
    Eric Bristow 3-7 Cliff Lazarenko
    Keith Deller 5-7 Peter Evison
    Bob Anderson 7-2 John Lowe

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Damn I forgot this was on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Was like watching paint dry :)

Keith Deller v John Lowe, Deller to win

Peter Evison v Bobby George, Evison to win

Bob Anderson v Cliff Lazarenko, Anderson to win

Eric Bristow v Dave Whitcombe, Whitcombe to win, would like to see Bristow throw well though as he was very snatchy last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If there was good crowds at this it would be good but in the first 2, people were only on the ground and that wasnt even full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Bristow very poor tonight hit a lot of low numbers, Whitcombe must have averaged early 90's at times he must be favourite to win overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Week 3 Results:
    Keith Deller 7-4 John Lowe
    Peter Evison 3-7 Bobby George
    Bob Anderson 7-2 Cliff Lazarenko
    Eric Bristow 3-7 Dave Whitcombe

• Advertisement

John Lowe v Peter Evison
    Bob Anderson v Dave Whitcombe
    Bobby George v Cliff Lazarenko
    Eric Bristow v Keith Deller