Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol station on dublin quays has cheapest fuel

Options
  • 30-05-2008 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

I was driving down the quays today and the petrol station there heading out from the city usually well overcharges and is well known for their high prices. A few weeks ago it was charging 179c a litre.

To my shock it is now charging 124.9c per litre (petrol) and about 135c for diesel. These are good compared to many other stations in Dublin. Think they have been taken over or something. Lowest price ive seen in Dublin.

Good to see its a place which will be competitive now. The present price is very good and will be stopping their next time i need petrol and in the area.

Just thought people may be interested to know of this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 darapixie

Wow, that's a first for them!!

Cheers for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

darapixie wrote: »

Cheers for the heads up!

No bother, had to to a double take to see if i was right or was the beaming sun getting to me but its all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

darapixie wrote: »

They were always the cheapest, before they became the dearest!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

That is SO odd....

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Didn't I read here that that petrol station closed recently - if so, they must be the old prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

conor_mc wrote: »
    Didn't I read here that that petrol station closed recently - if so, they must be the old prices.

Looked well up and running. Their old prices were about 180c a litre so big difference. The place has been rebranded it looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd love to see how their profits compare now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

chris85 wrote: »
    Looked well up and running. Their old prices were about 180c a litre so big difference. The place has been rebranded it looks like

Yep its open alright, I heard their contract/lease with statoil was up so now its someone else running it, though I heard that from a purple monkey dishwasher type of conversation :)

All the taxi's are using it now, I'd say the truckers are sick they can't use the quays :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

lafors wrote: »

All the taxi's are using it now, I'd say the truckers are sick they can't use the quays :)

Erm truckers and taxi drivers would all have fuel cards so they never paid the 1.80 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Truckers can get theirs fuel down at the port now as a new one was built especially for them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

aphex™ wrote: »
    Erm truckers and taxi drivers would all have fuel cards so they never paid the 1.80 anyway.

That place hasn't accepted fuel cards since Statoil threw them out last year.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I wonder has the new Topaz in the docks had much of an effect on their business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I hear they lost a lucrative garda contract to had no choice but to lower their prices for us poor souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Mairt wrote: »
    I hear they lost a lucrative garda contract to had no choice but to lower their prices for us poor souls.
    I find it hard to believe that if even all of Dublin's Garda vehicles were being refuelled there that it would represent more than a drop in the ocean compared to the massive passing trade.

Personally I wonder has Topaz bought the place out and reduced prices to help kickstart their rebranding process?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,901 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I thought the "garda contract" was nothing more than Topaz fuelcards?

I filled up there a few times on the fuelcard, getting 50+ euro on the pump and only paying 30-whatever same as I would have at the nearest card-able garage (Shell in Kilmainham) was nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

murphaph wrote: »
    Personally I wonder has Topaz bought the place out and reduced prices to help kickstart their rebranding process?

You could be right on the money there.
    They got a good bit of free/cheap advertising last week with people hearing they had the cheapest petrol.
    They seem to be converting some shell stations to topaz now in Dublin.
    Did Topaz buy out shell's stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,901 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Topaz bought the Shell franchise in Ireland off of Shell, some franchised stations have changed to different franchises (e.g. Palmerstown becoming Discount Fuel Deals) but all owned and operated one are being converted to Topaz (e.g. Goatstown and the N81 station beyond Citywest) - would presume any other franchise ones will too.

Advertisement