Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Punture repair

• 30-05-2008 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

Great start to a bank holiday weekend. I noticed a punture on my lunch break and done the usually call AA, sent to shop and thankfully got it back today. However, one of the lads in work though that there was now a company coming out to you to repair it on the spot. I know of this about cars but first time I heard of it for bikes. Unfortunately he couldn't remember the name, he thought it was the motorbike type company in East Wall. Anyone aware of this? It would be a handy option.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I haven't heard of such a service myself, but could be useful.

However, you can prevent most punctures with some Ultraseal or Z8 Concentrate. They are basically a yogurt-like liquid that you place in the tyre. When you get a puncture, the liquid is pushed out of the hole by the air pressure and quickly turns into a rubber compound. It seals the hole in 10-20 seconds, leaving enough air in the tyre to drive it to a garage.

It only costs a few euro per bottle and can save you a lot of hassle. Not sure where you can buy it now. I bought mine in Mountjoy motorcycles before they closed down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The Bike Tyre Company are the crowd you are on about.

I got a puncture on the way home from work on Friday, and the guy came out and fixed the puncture properly (not just a plug twist thing) within an hour.

It was covered as part of my insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

nereid wrote: »

I got a puncture on the way home from work on Friday, and the guy came out and fixed the puncture properly (not just a plug twist thing) within an hour.

That's interesting. Whose insurance covers you for punctures like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I haven't heard of such a service myself, but could be useful.

However, you can prevent most punctures with some Ultraseal or Z8 Concentrate. They are basically a yogurt-like liquid that you place in the tyre. When you get a puncture, the liquid is pushed out of the hole by the air pressure and quickly turns into a rubber compound. It seals the hole in 10-20 seconds, leaving enough air in the tyre to drive it to a garage.

It only costs a few euro per bottle and can save you a lot of hassle. Not sure where you can buy it now. I bought mine in Mountjoy motorcycles before they closed down.

Silly question time. Can that be use in tube tyres? Cheers.

Same question as art:) Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Seems like you hace a decent policy..........:p
    That is a handy thing to know for punctures..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Odysseus wrote: »
    Yes.

Not your ornery onager

Cheers mate. I'll check that out esel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭BlueBandit

Im not sure, I was getting a new tube fitted in bike tyre company a few years ago and asked him to put ultra seal in it. He wouldnt do it, said there was no point and it was a waste of money. Maybe ring them up and ask before you get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'm reading the bottle now and it says it can be used on mountain bikes, BMX's etc, and they all have tube tyres, so the answer would be yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Sorry folks, just getting back to this now.

The policy I have is with Aon (axa). It is Fully Comp, but I thought it was free* with all policies. CN have something similar I believe.

*may not actually be free - I have not seen my renewal yet :(

Advertisement