Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UCC Job Interviews

• 30-05-2008 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi, I am applying for an administrative position at UCC and I am desperate to get some advice on the interviews there, I heard they are a nightmare. Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Hi Eva,

It probably varies from interview to interview and dept to dept but as a general rule you could expect to have four people on the panel. These will likely be:

1. The direct supervisor for the new position.
    2. The head of dept / section / whatever.
    3. Someone else - likely to be similar to 1 or 2, but from a different dept.
    4. A HR representative. They are there to make sure everyone gets asked the same questions etc and that everything's fair. They will not ask you questions and may even sit out of your eyeline. Don't worry about them!

You will *likely* be brought into the room by the HR person and introduced to the panel (and told what their positions are). They will have name cards in front of them in case you forget who they are! The three people will each ask a set of questions in turn before going back to the panel chair (probably dept head) to wrap up, i.e. you will usually only deal with on person at a time.

This is just a general picture. For fairly senior positions, there will probably be more people and tougher questions. Don't worry though - it's unlikely that anyone there will want to "catch you out" - they'll likely do their best to help you.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement