Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPD adapter

Options
  • 30-05-2008 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    just wondering if any of you has transformed his SPD boots (off road) to use the with road pedals.
    I found some cleats in http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=NP09500 but I'm afraid they will not fit properly into the pedals and neither the boots.

It would just be for a couple of events or so, but it is a cheaper way to get some road pedals in use. Instead of buying a pair of boot that would be laying down for another year.

My shoe looks like attached

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭erizo

the thing is that a friend gives me some road ultegra pedals for a couple of events, but i cycle in town more confortably with the spd's, and i don't see the point in buying new boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Buy a pedal spanner.
    I frequently move my pedals around. Easy.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

daymobrew wrote: »
    Buy a pedal spanner.
    I frequently move my pedals around. Easy.

i think he is willing to change pedals, in fact thats the whole point. just doesn't want to buy new shoes...

To the OP, don't bother messing with your shoes, you can't adapt them for road pedals easily and with those shoes you won't get the benefit from the road pedals anyway.

either buy shoes to go with the road pedals or don't use them....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

agreed. More use in the shoes than the pedals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭erizo

thanks for the advice guys.
    i just thought it may have been possible.

thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement