Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Flying Club

Options
  • 30-05-2008 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hello everyone. Does anybody have any info on the Galway flying club. Just wondering would it be possible to get a few hours up there during the summer. Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

All i know is they are always busy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Ockham you have PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Can you PM me info aswell tracker-man. I would be interested in both fixed wing and helis if you do that.

Thanks.

Heli's??? Workaccount have you won the Euromillions??:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

LOL
    workaccount if you haven't got a pm yet, http://www.executive-helicopters.com/
    They have a hangar in EICM and are very busy, its a BUSINESS as opposed to a CLUB so I would go for the flying club, but whatever you like, they are very much more active in the skies than the club though, most days of the week, 9 to 5 as far as I can see apart from the odd time when you need to do night flying! They are very much experts in their field though, they do maintenance on their helicopters and are licensed to do so on any robinson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Steyr wrote: »
    Heli's??? Workaccount have you won the Euromillions??:p

Certainly haven't :(

I'm just a normal guy with a normal job. I'm might get 5 or 6 lessons (1hr) to get a feel for it. Who's to say I'll even go back for a second of course.

Although probably not the best way of looking at things but I know lads who have taken out loans for 7K+ for cars.

My car cost 600 euro and I can maintain it myself. I love cars. I'd love to drive a fast gas guzzler but I'm not willing to sacrifice other things at the moment for that.

*RANT* It's hideous the amount of money people spend on cars really. Look in the papers any day of the week and you will see people selling there 07 range rovers to make room for the 08.

Anyways it's an investment I'm thinking of at the moment rather than a new hobby. I can't see my current job as being a long term career.

I'll never be happy until I find the right thing and I don't like much compromise. I'm fairly idealistic that way. I'd be a great dictator but a terrible terrible politican. I know what I want and if it's not right then I leave it behind me. I like the thought of having some freedom in the skies. Far away from office politics and irksome, plain stupid and ignorant clients. Oh and of course people telling me what to do. I'm like a young "old grouch". Don't tell me what to do because I'll do it my own way anyway.

If anyone is wondering what I'm rambling so much....I'm hungover.

darragh-k wrote: »
    LOL
    They have a hangar in EICM and are very busy, its a BUSINESS as opposed to a CLUB so I would go for the flying club, but whatever you like, they are very much more active in the skies than the club though, most days of the week, 9 to 5 as far as I can see apart from the odd time when you need to do night flying! They are very much experts in their field though, they do maintenance on their helicopters and are licensed to do so on any robinson.

Cheers for that. Tis 400 for an hour in an R22. Expensive enough. Could get 5 lessons for 2k. Now I'll have to start saving. I must be feckin' mad. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Yup, and for everyone else, these is the rates:

R22 Lesson/ Voucher
    20 Minute €199
    30 Minute €250
    60 Minute €400

R44 Lesson/ Voucher
    20 Minute €350
    30 Minute €425
    60 Minute €750

By no means cheap, but lets just say if I got a euro for every time I heard EI-GTY or EI-MAG or any of the other the exec helicopter callsigns on the scanner I'd be a very rich man, rich enough to start helicopter training even!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

darragh-k wrote: »
    LOL

Yep I PM'd him about the flying club alright but I know very little about Executive except that they have a good reputation and as you say, are very active. There is also a feature on them in this months Flying in Ireland Magazine so if your interested it might be worth buying.
    There is also a helicopter club in Claregalway (which I know very little about:)) but its worth checking them out too.
    I'll scout around and if I get a webpage or phone number I'll let you know ;)

Edit : http://www.galwayhelicopters.ie/ This might be it, not sure though cause it doesn't give an address or location of the site. :rolleyes:

Workaccount we should meet for a pint somenight!

Advertisement