Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally EIME with decent Aerial Shots

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Ever use the County Council maps?
    Zoom in FULL and its quite clear. You can see two ATR's (i think) at Galway.

http://www.galway.ie/galwaycc_gplan/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Ever use the County Council maps?
    Zoom in FULL and its quite clear. You can see two ATR's (i think) at Galway.

http://www.galway.ie/galwaycc_gplan/

Very interesting. They are fairly old images as the new hangers are not there. I see vast areas of land are being taken by what looks like a new road/motorway (red lines) If that goes ahead I would think the expansion of the air port could look more promising as people couldn't object on the basis of noise anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Steyr wrote: »
    Courtesy of Microsoft Visual Earth, funny thing is there was a CASA and a Rocket on the Tarmac yet when i zoomed out slightly they disappeared and this is recent as there is an EC135P2 on the ramp, Bal looks eerily quiet and when i zoom back in still no CASA or Rocket on the ramp!!:confused:

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?&t=l&map=53.301667,-6.451333|12|4&loc=IE:53.301667:-6.451333:12#map=53.30605,-6.44276|19|256&loc=IE:53.301667:-6.451333:12

Type in Baldonnel and hit "Birds Eye"

That microsoft Visual earth is unbelievable man!
    I was using "Birds Eye" view on Heathrow and Nou camp Eiffel Tower and LOADS of places, Great find Steyr! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Cheers Fellas.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

Very interesting. They are fairly old images as the new hangers are not there. I see vast areas of land are being taken by what looks like a new road/motorway (red lines) If that goes ahead I would think the expansion of the air port could look more promising as people couldn't object on the basis of noise anyway.

The County Council images are old but the Galway City Council pictures were taken last year. You can actually see me and wife looking up at the Aztec from our garden. But the City Council didn't cover the airport unfortunately.

You an actually see the road building going on from the Airport itself. It occurred to me that if they could build a long straight piece of Tarmac like that on the land nearby. What a pity they couldn't do something similar at that airport and make a it proper airport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

As you probably all already know, plans are there to raise the 08 end, as there is quite a dip down there. Then, maybe they might continue out over the road and do like in O'Hare and put a tunnel underneath the runway for the road, the runway would be a good 20-30ft above the road then, I was told by a man in the operations department of Galway airport that it was certainly a possibility. But, again, we've been hearing about plans to extend tha runway for as far back as I can remember:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Steyr wrote: »
    Courtesy of Microsoft Visual Earth, funny thing is there was a CASA and a Rocket on the Tarmac yet when i zoomed out slightly they disappeared and this is recent as there is an EC135P2 on the ramp, Bal looks eerily quiet and when i zoom back in still no CASA or Rocket on the ramp!!:confused:
    The photos are taken in strips, if you move your position slightly, you will be looking at a slightly different strip of photos, that may have been taken days or months later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Victor wrote: »
    The photos are taken in strips, if you move your position slightly, you will be looking at a slightly different strip of photos, that may have been taken days or months later.

I didnt see that, il have to look again, CRAP!

Advertisement