Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PM Spam/Nuisance..

Options
  • 31-05-2008 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭

Lads .. just got a PM from "James2" ... I dont know who he is..
    he sent this:
    Hi,I'm new here, how's it going?"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein---Jameshttp://james420.zip.io

Can he be banned/repremanded?
    Gary
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Forward the PM on to a friendly SMod and they should sort it for you.

And just so you know, it's not usually a good idea to post up PMs, but I suppose if it's spam then it doesn't really matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

So did I, forwarding now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

got the same spam!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

And me, wierd....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

GBX wrote: »
    Lads .. just got a PM from "James2" ... I dont know who he is..
    he sent this:
    Hi,I'm new here, how's it going?"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein---Jameshttp://james420.zip.io

Can he be banned/repremanded?
    Gary
    I've gotten that same pm on other forums, weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Got it again ... annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sorry for the delay, sitebanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How come I didn;t get it...? I feel so left out. It's like school all over again...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    How come I didn;t get it...? I feel so left out. It's like school all over again...
    Pm sent :p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If this happens, forward me their username and I can delete every PM they have written. Unlike e-mail we have the ability to reach out and retract their "important messages".

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

DeVore wrote: »
    If this happens, forward me their username and I can delete every PM they have written. Unlike e-mail we have the ability to reach out and retract their "important messages".

DeV.
    Nifty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

The power to make it like it never happened! A bit like writing a history book:D

Advertisement