Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back Degsy...

• 31-05-2008 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Hi Admins,

Hope your all keeping well and have nice plans ahead for the bank holiday weekend.

Anyhow as the thread states, Can you unban Degsy from Feedback? Please. I didn't see anything that warranted him being banned.

I find his posts amusing and entertaining. They did not contain any personal abuse?

Anyhow, I hope you can do this without out too much trouble.

Many thanks,

Quality x:)
    Post edited by Shield on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

What was the post that got him banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055301607&page=7

As far as I know, He was banned after this thread....

But I am not 100% sure, Maybe someone can clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I'd say it was the constant Rb versus Degsy battles going on

Is Rb banned from here too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Jaysus.

I'll give this a serious answer, despite the overwhelming urge to piss take right about now.

The below is my own take on this, and carries no more weight than my own opinion, which is what you'll find unerringly from hereonin unless an admin is posting.

I have time (more accurately, had time) for both protaganists in this little kerfuffle, until one of them, namely Degsy, wouldn't put his vendetta aside.

In the crossfire, numerous threads were disrupted, and one of them (the raffle one) nearly fell by the wayside.

Rb (and I hope he, as Degsy, won't mind me speaking for him) saw the light, backed off, and not only did the thread get back on track, but involved himself in it to a great degree. Degsy continued to throw digs from the sidelines, both there and elsewhere, for reasons known only to himself. Ergo, his access was removed to calm things down.

Obviously others thought the same way, otherwise he'd be here right now. Instead of arguing by pm proxy through yourself, he'd be better to PM an admin, in other words Vex or CuLT, about this matter.

Vegeta wrote: »
    Is Rb banned from here too?

what do you think?

No, Rb is not banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Degsy should not be banned...
    You cannot have one rule for some and not for others...
    Little tommy tattle tail has been at it again, must have shares in juicy fruit to get rid of the taste at this stage

Thank you for your reply Roundy. And for keeping it straight.:cool:

Just something I would like to point out in reference to your post.

*Anyhow if you read the bgrh LL thread you will see that it is actually RB who brings up the "History" between himself and Degsy.

*It was also RB who brought up the "history" again in the raffle thread.

I also want to say on a serious note, that this thread is not a RB versus Degsy thread.... This is a bring back Degsy thread.

Well, like I say, have him PM the people I mentioned.

This is just going to turn into a Thunderdome Circle Jerk, vs. Apethetic Lolcats vs. One Or Two Reasoned Responses.

I'm not getting into the rights or wrongs here, but in essence, and very coarsely, Degsy was banned because he wouldn't STFU.

No bias was acted or implied in relation to this. The onus was to keep Feedback in order.

Your feedback is valued.

Not at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Why are you talking like a bitter, twisted divorced couple? Throw some reality in there!

This is reality d00d.

The intarweb is serious business doncha' know.

I am being 100% genuine in my posting.

Honest to god.

For once I would like a thread in feedback to not be turned into a 3 ring circus.

I am trying to keep it civilised.:)

Well, it's late, and no one is on.

Feedback does work well when the request is genuine.

In this case the recourse is by PM (or Helpdesk, although I wouldn't imagine SMods over-riding admin decision without prior consultation).

It wasn't up to you to plead anyones case. Degsy is more than capable of speaking for himself.

True, But I missed his little meanderings...;)

Quality wrote: »

PMs aside...

Best of luck with Version 2.0 btw, from one who has been there. Twice :)

Hope it's going OK for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

I only started using boards again like yesterday after a loooong time, but I read back over the thread that Quality left a link for. I think that Rb kept it going just as much, if not more than Degsy. Fair enough he was banned to let it calm down, but if one was banned, both should be.
    I don't really know either one's posting 'history', so that's just my uneducated 2 cents.

PMs aside...

Best of luck with Version 2.0 btw, from one who has been there. Twice :)

Thanks, Its No 3 for me.;) I feel your pain.

Busy house so.

I've one schoolin', and one half talkin', and ready to walk, and that's quite enough.

/stops and wonders how I ended up talking sprogs on Feedback...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

To be honest, Quality, you're here long enough to realise that a feedback thread like this will inevitably be showered with cat pictures.
    If you wanted an honest 'official' answer, why didn't you post in helpdesk?

Degsy is big and bold enough to stand up for himself.

Methinks your just stirring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

Quality wrote: »

From my past experience on feed back it is ok to call someone a moron.

You are a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

He only ever posted in a feedback thread Rb has posted in first and it's usually an instant attack on him. Rb tried to put an end to what is a load of bollox but Degsy was havin none of it. The admins saw that and banned him. Tough shit.

As said, if he wants back in he's big enough to fight his own battles I would have thought.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Simplicity wrote: »

You are a moron.

Totally uncalled for IMO. I have no opinion either way regarding Degsy or rb, I don't think I've ever had a conversation with either in all my time on Boards (or Quality for that matter). Quality has put forward an opinion regarding Degsy and has asked for him to be reinstated. She hasn't come on screaming and shouting about it, she has asked politely and in a reasoned manner which, whether you agree with the reasoning or not, actually sets her apart from the normal bunch of morons who either start threads in Feedback or feel the need to add unnecessary sarcasm having been around for no more than a couple of weeks themselves. Like yourself, for instance. Your level of understanding of the individuals on Boards and how Feedback workd leads me to the inevitable conclusion that you're a re-reg. Care to reveal yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Hmmmm

I have been following this Degsy RB thingy for awhile now. While I do see that maybe Degsy wasn't able to keep his part of the deal, I can't help thinking that Rb has gone out of his way to make a bit of a nuisance of himself and somewhat baiting Degsy into having a go, re: TLL and BGRH Feedback thread.

Surely seeing as there are two parties involved I think it would have been fair to see TWO cooling off periods, that way no one has 'won' this little e-war. Maybe then both would cop on and just give it up?

Rb this is nothing personal at all, I just think you could do well to let things go too, and stop. I think you know yourself some of your feedback threads have been a little inflammatory.

Just my 2 cents on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

You are a moron.

What the hell was that for?

I am really getting sick of the aggression from users on boards, there are far too many, to use your word, morons on here dying for e-battles.

*silent scream*

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

You are a moron.

Lol

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

No.