Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Bad Company Demo now out....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Hmmmm then I fail to see how you can be considering player that horrible piece of tripe that it ETQW after playing something like CoD4 :p.

I agree I traded in quake wars on the 360 it was horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

got the demo last night, played it for about an hour. wasnt all that impressed to be honest. will give it another try when i get home from work, but initial impressions werent all that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

It does take some getting use to, but once your in and you start getting good points/kills working with your real friends.. You might start to really enjoy it, the online players are so annoying on the most part.

I was in a tank and a guy in my sqaud was on the gun.. I said im going get out to repair the tank stay in the gun.. I got out so did he and took my tank.. :rolleyes: They will TK you for arty now aswell..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I'm assuming that the 23rd is the US launch and it's the 25th here.

Its the 27th here im pretty sure but if its earlier woo :D

Oh and for those interested heres the guide I think, shows points for ranking up etc etc all map stuff aswell

http://teamkillarmy.com/index.cfm?method=gallery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Just played the demo there now and can't say I'm impressed at all! Was getting shot when I was hiding behind a tank, like wtf?!...not possible!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Not possible that there was a sniper hiding somewhere behind you?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

No not from the direction I was coming from,and the hit marker was coming from infront of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

You can't really fault a game because of one happening, if you play online in any game you get killed in ways that make no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Have the demo on the PS3. Don't know if I'll bother buying the full version, the reviews here have been accurate but the mutli-player (or at least in the demo anyway) is pants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Only played sp so far but its really great fun. Just blowing the hell out of everything. Its better than cod 4's sp by a country mile.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

0ubliette wrote: »
    Only played sp so far but its really great fun. Just blowing the hell out of everything. Its better than cod 4's sp by a country mile.

Those are some serious claims.

I'm going to pick this up at the weekend, and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Silverfish wrote: »
    Those are some serious claims.

I'm going to pick this up at the weekend, and see how it goes.

theres no scripted moments, (apart from cut scenes obviously), no respawning enemies, no choke points, and if some ****er is hiding behind a wall you dont have to spray at the wall and hope something hits him, you just blow the ****ing wall down! Maps are huge with no corridors or sections like the poxy TV station in cod4. Its far more next-gen than cod4 whos only innovation was its graphics.
    Also it doesnt take itself as seriously as cod4 which is refreshing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Is the full edition any better than the demo?

What I mean is, in the demo if you're an attacker your side gets something like
    2 tanks
    2 jeeps
    1 heavy artillery gun with a screen
    1 Helicopter

Whilst the defenders get
    2 tanks

Does that remain unchanged in the full version?

Rb wrote: »
    Is the full edition any better than the demo?

2 tanks
    2 jeeps
    1 Helicopter

Whilst the defenders get
    2 tanks

Does that remain unchanged in the full version?

Yea its kinda like that but most of the levels are different theres some infantary based levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

RB wrote: »
    2 tanks
    3 actually
    2 jeeps
    3 aswell
    it's actually called the TK enticer
    1 Helicopter
    Controls for this are PANTS ON HEAD RETARDED

Whilst the defenders get
    2 tanks have a feeling its three

Does that remain unchanged in the full version?.

Would you have it any differently? Defending isnt a Job for jeeps or arty! I think its very well balanced at the moment. Defenders can hull down in a building, they can ambush, they can "camp" snipe (which, for all you "anti-snipers" is perfectly allowable in a defending situation....so fück you! :p), they can call inn Jdams, Mortars .....loads of brilliant defensive tactics.

Attackers SHOULD have slightly better hardware than defenders to balance the effectiveness of the teams.

also, defenders can also get helis

Personaly, I think the multi is amazing! The single player....meh.... (seems funny at least). But I can see myself spending endless nights on this game.

It must be said though, theres a steep enough curve of getting used to the controls. Worth it though. I reckon I'll buy the full game this week.. (IF I GET SOME BLOODY MONEY!)

And Just a random comment there DAZFTW.....i like ur photos....very cool

Advertisement